• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Celtic putting up more anti royal family demonstrations at today’s game.

Which is fair enough. Just strange that they cried like such a bunch of paedos when we disrupted the minute’s silence for the pope 

Can't accept that it's fair enough.  Silence would have been appropriate.  Their vile behaviour was extensively reported here.

I take heart that tomorrow Charles will still be their king, and the next day and the day after that and every subsequent day until he dies.  After that, they'll have King William.

They'll love that.

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The pipe band and lone piper will be awesome tomorrow 

It's my understanding that it's the massed bands of every Scottish and Irish regiment.  I am hoping they will play Highland Cathedral.

It will indeed be an awesome tribute to such a revered person.

Heard that Sky has projected that the global tv audience will be 50% of the world's population.

20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's my understanding that it's the massed bands of every Scottish and Irish regiment.  I am hoping they will play Highland Cathedral.

It will indeed be an awesome tribute to such a revered person.

Heard that Sky has projected that the global tv audience will be 50% of the world's population.

They're having a laugh.  The most populous countries in the world are China and India, who either care little about her or despise her for what she represents.

Canada is a member of the Commonwealth, as you know.  Based on comments in the media and letters to the editors in the newspapers, I'll be stunned if 10% of the population get up at a very early hour to watch.  No-one that I know will bother.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

They're having a laugh.  The most populous countries in the world are China and India, who either care little about her or despise her for what she represents.

Canada is a member of the Commonwealth, as you know.  Based on comments in the media and letters to the editors in the newspapers, I'll be stunned if 10% of the population get up at a very early hour to watch.  No-one that I know will bother.

You got me thinking when you mentioned India and I had to do a bit of checking.  Like Canada, it is in fact a Commonwealth country and of course it has English traditions like their love of cricket.  I very much doubt that swathes of their population either don't care about her or detest her for what you believe she represents.  You could be right of course but I very much doubt it.  As for China, I suspect neither of us has a clue.

I would think the countries with the least interest would be predomininantly muslim nations but that wouldn't be true of Pakistan.

I doubt if a single country despises the Queen or the monarchy for what she or it represents.

I have abolutely no issues with individuals or countries who are republican.  The prime ministers of Aussie and NZ are committed republicans but they have deep admiration and respect for the Queen.  As does your own prime minister.

Sorry my views on this appear to upset you so much.  Yours don't upset me.  You are fully entitled to hold them.

been here before
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I am hoping they will play Highland Cathedral.

It will indeed be an awesome tribute to such a revered person

A German tune for a German, how apt.

The Mighty Thor

What are the mournographers and trolls going to do tomorrow when the curtain of faux grief is lifted and the country is still going to hell in a hand cart?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll be watching it tonight, not because of any faux grief but because it is a moment in history  when someone who has seen the most momentous events of the 20th century and 21st century at the highest levels of power passes away. It is also one of the biggest events in the world post pandemic with world leaders in the same vicinity. That is significant. You don't need to be a monarchist to appreciate that significance but sitting getting bent out of shape about the funeral and the pageantry around it is hilarious. I have some sympathy with the view that there is "forced mourning" and the coverage has been toadying to the nth degree. Equally, if some people are really upset about it then that's on them. The sad thing for Her Maj is that she lived through a time when there was genuine respect for other's views to the modern world of social media where people have found their own echo chambers to reinforce their own biases.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Who to believe? A major media organisation or Maple Leaf.

Tricky.

When you're unable or unwilling to think it through yourself, the major media organisation.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Most countries around the world will broadcast it, just like most countries around the world broadcast events like the World Cup Final. In truth, the eyeballs watching those events are estimates anyway and no one will know the exact figure. Not that it really matters. A global audience of 4bn will never be proven if it is claimed. The Guinness Book of Records won't be publishing that based on someone plugging numbers into a spreadsheet and projecting from that.

jack D and coke

A lady on the news there a few mins ago saying going to see the queen in state was the best thing she’s ever done…better than the birth of her children…

:cornette:

That is ****ing hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

jack D and coke

Btw what have I missed with that dreadful ***** Phillip Schofield and that annoying talentless bint Willougby?

Please tell me they’ve ruined themselves over this? Hopefully dozens fall😊
Take that wee house burglar Gino with you please. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A lady on the news there a few mins ago saying going to see the queen in state was the best thing she’s ever done…better than the birth of her children…

:rofl:
North Korea eat your heart out.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Btw what have I missed with that dreadful ***** Phillip Schofield and that annoying talentless bint Willougby?

Jumped into the VIP lane. Got slaughtered for it and then compounded it by concocting some utter horseshit PR story. Meanwhile another ITV journo Suzanne Reid stood for 13 hours with her Ma. 

He's a ****

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I was on YouTube last night, got a video recommended from Sky News:

Breaking News.

Woman queues for a second time to see the Queen lying in state

The ****ing state of this country.

probably thought she was actually in there too.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was on YouTube last night, got a video recommended from Sky News:

Breaking News.

Woman queues for a second time to see the Queen lying in state

The ****ing state of this country.

probably thought she was actually in there too.

It’s either a circus or a soap opera.

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

20220919_091322.jpg

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

The People's Democratic Republic aye Scotland.

The end of the monarchy.

Utter laughable fantasies.

Today is not the day for such partisan and tribal nonense.

Show some respect 

jack D and coke
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

The end of the monarchy.

Sounds absolutely glorious tbh…😀

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The end of the monarchy.

Aren't you serfs meant to be showing a bit of decorum today?

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sounds absolutely glorious tbh…😀

If you don't know what Peoples Democratic Republics are or were actually like.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If you don't know what Peoples Democratic Republics are or were actually like.

Yeah I was absolutely, deadly serious about it. 
:muggy:

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I was absolutely, deadly serious about it. 
:muggy:

Sorry I am better on words than on emojis. I thought you meant the wee smiley thing reflected what you were saying rather than indicating you didn't mean what you were saying. 

But I got this one!

The real grieving is coming from those who have now realised that they are never going to live either a republic or an independent Scotland. 

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Channel 5 to the rescue😀

96D28416-D76C-477B-A611-3A0356BD0D03.jpeg

Think what it was like at the last royal funeral of a monarch. 

There are hundreds of other channels to choose from if you want to watch day time TV. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'll be watching it tonight, not because of any faux grief but because it is a moment in history  when someone who has seen the most momentous events of the 20th century and 21st century at the highest levels of power passes away. It is also one of the biggest events in the world post pandemic with world leaders in the same vicinity. That is significant. You don't need to be a monarchist to appreciate that significance but sitting getting bent out of shape about the funeral and the pageantry around it is hilarious. I have some sympathy with the view that there is "forced mourning" and the coverage has been toadying to the nth degree. Equally, if some people are really upset about it then that's on them. The sad thing for Her Maj is that she lived through a time when there was genuine respect for other's views to the modern world of social media where people have found their own echo chambers to reinforce their own biases.

Likewise. I’m indifferent about the monarchy but it’s worth watching 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Likewise. I’m indifferent about the monarchy but it’s worth watching 

It’ll be great viewing.

Cannae wait.:10900:

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sturgeon conscious about bringing the cost per wear of her Halloween outfit down. Came dressed as her favourite wrestler too. 

Please tell me its Rowdy Roddy Piper.....

Fitzroy Pointon
10 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's quite something. I do love a bit of ceremony.

They know how to put on a show. The massed pipe bands did impress me. 

On 18/09/2022 at 07:26, Kiwidoug said:

I'm looking forward to the day.  Starting with a Hearts win.  Ending with farewelling an extraordinary monarch.

History tomorrow.

manaliveits105

massed pipes - lone piper - the Royal Archers - Baroness Scotland doing a reading - Lizzie arranged her own funeral and in death is trolling the nationalists