Shabba and Larry.......

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

One of the intriguing things for me now with Shabba at the helm will be how he sees Kingston in the team.

IMHO Larry is the one player we have with genuine quality and who I think will benefit greatly with a bit stability at the club and a Proper Manager/Coach.

Frail played him out wide for most last season and due to how gash we were, games just bypassed him. Yeah people called him lazy but I don't go along with that.

For me he should be right in the middle alongside Eggert or Ruben - 1 of them sits and let Larry go and open up defences aswell as chip in with a few goals which he can certainly do.

Any thoughts?

Drylaw Hearts
One of the intriguing things for me now with Shabba at the helm will be how he sees Kingston in the team.

IMHO Larry is the one player we have with genuine quality and who I think will benefit greatly with a bit stability at the club and a Proper Manager/Coach.

Frail played him out wide for most last season and due to how gash we were, games just bypassed him. Yeah people called him lazy but I don't go along with that.

For me he should be right in the middle alongside Eggert or Ruben - 1 of them sits and let Larry go and open up defences aswell as chip in with a few goals which he can certainly do.

Any thoughts?

His attitude and application has been shocking.

I expected a lot more from an experienced player like him.

But.........

He is without doubt the most technically gifted player on the books but if he isn't giving it his all then he is nothing more than another passenger.

I do think we were forced to play him at RM due to the leck of quality available for that position.

Playing with 2 wingers was crazy.

His best games have come in CM and, if he stays, I hope that is where he is played.

Cardiac Rucksack

I personally think we should play with 3 central midfielders, ruben and Eggert holding and Larry with a free role. Driver pushed on a bit on the left wing with two up top. Bit like how we played under JJ when he had Mccann, Baggio, Cameron, and Salvatori.

Problem we have is that we have many midfielders who are good but not consistently good and are all of similar standard in that they have some strengths and also some very apparent weaknesses:

+ Strengths first - weaknesses second

Miko:

+ running at defenders, cutting inside, winning freekicks, shooting from distance, seems to have sorted his attitude out at long last

- crossing, going outside his man, getting isolated, losing possession

Stewart

+ effort, running, seems to genuinely care about playing for Hearts, unstoppable on rare occasions he hits top form

- rarely hits top form, losing possession, dreadful corners and freekicks, loses his head

Jonsson

+ workrate, tackling in midfield, short passing

- tackling in defence, hasn?t forged a partnership with anyone in midfield yet, inexperience causes errors

Kingston

+ mercurial talent, freekicks, surging runs, attitude when he applies it

- greedy (perhaps because he knows teammates are not good enough?), attitude when he cannot be bothered

Aguiar

+ ball retention, freekicks

- bit lightweight in the tackle for a supposed DM, sometimes lacks killer pass

Chesney

+ crossing (but often others cannot keep up), corners (but others don?t give him the opportunity),

- fitness, tracking back

Driver

+ fast runner, direct

- predictably fast and direct (one trick pony), crossing

Ruben

+ pass completion, calmness in possession, tackling

- lack of creativity

Problem we have is that we have many midfielders who are good but not consistently good and are all of similar standard in that they have some strengths and also some very apparent weaknesses:

+ Strengths first - weaknesses second

Miko:

+ running at defenders, cutting inside, winning freekicks, shooting from distance, seems to have sorted his attitude out at long last

- crossing, going outside his man, getting isolated, losing possession

Stewart

+ effort, running, seems to genuinely care about playing for Hearts, unstoppable on rare occasions he hits top form

- rarely hits top form, losing possession, dreadful corners and freekicks, loses his head

Jonsson

+ workrate, tackling in midfield, short passing

- tackling in defence, hasn?t forged a partnership with anyone in midfield yet, inexperience causes errors

Kingston

+ mercurial talent, freekicks, surging runs, attitude when he applies it

- greedy (perhaps because he knows teammates are not good enough?), attitude when he cannot be bothered

Aguiar

+ ball retention, freekicks

- bit lightweight in the tackle for a supposed DM, sometimes lacks killer pass

Chesney

+ crossing (but often others cannot keep up), corners (but others don?t give him the opportunity),

- fitness, tracking back

Driver

+ fast runner, direct

- predictably fast and direct (one trick pony), crossing

Ruben

+ pass completion, calmness in possession, tackling

- lack of creativity

Fair assessment Spellczech and i would add if we can get our players playing on form and with the right attitude we would have the best midfield by far outside the OF.

Would punt Kingston regardless.

Why Gig? We should be looking to keep talent of Larrys kind. I dont for one minute go along with the belief he doesnt put the application in enough.

At times last season he carried Hearts through the odd game and people forget we missed him for a while during the African nations and he was out injured for a while too.

People are too quick to judge players negatively on here as opposed to positively. Kingston IMO is a player who would flourish under more stable conditions at the club.

A couple of iffy games doesnt make him a non trier or not a good player. Over the time he has been at the club i would say hes proved himself to be a good player and a trier.

Clerry Jambo
Why Gig? We should be looking to keep talent of Larrys kind. I dont for one minute go along with the belief he doesnt put the application in enough.

At times last season he carried Hearts through the odd game and people forget we missed him for a while during the African nations and he was out injured for a while too.

People are too quick to judge players negatively on here as opposed to positively. Kingston IMO is a player who would flourish under more stable conditions at the club.

A couple of iffy games doesnt make him a non trier or not a good player. Over the time he has been at the club i would say hes proved himself to be a good player and a trier.

Exactly Debut........anyway why aren't you in the pool;)

Gigolo-Aunt
Even if he started wearing a headband?

Well...;)

There is no doubt he is a talent, there is no doubt his attitude and application have not been there. A new manager may or may not be able to sort that out.

The fact that he is gone for chunks at a time due to Internationals, coupled with his awful awful attitude last season - added to the wages thats Hearts cannot really afford at a time when we are stripping back- leave me to believe that contacting his agent and asking him to find another club is in the best interests of Hearts.

Archived