McGhee - good take on "Scottish Mafia" in todays sunday herald

Hugh Watt

The guy obviously has a brain as well as football ability. May emerge as the best manager in Scotland. Very impressed with this article, with the way he conducted himself during the Phil O'Donnell period and with the way he got Motherwell playing. I can't help feeling a better selling job would have got him taking the Hearts position.

Anyone that thinks things even themselves out are deluded, The OF get the right decisions, at the right time more often than not. CL said why turn up? Whilst that game was the most obvious in terms of bias I can recall, it happens in every game against the OF.

Professor.Arturo
Anyone that thinks things even themselves out are deluded, The OF get the right decisions, at the right time more often than not. CL said why turn up? Whilst that game was the most obvious in terms of bias I can recall, it happens in every game against the OF.

Spot on Jim, McGhee states the OF dont need refs help because they have the money to buy the best players. Thats true, problem is, the still get the refs help, fans of every single SPL club outwith the OF know this.

For that reason alone, no other team outside the OF will win this league for a VERY long time :sad:

I think he would have been a great choice of manager for Hearts, but I cannot help thinking that exactly like Burley would?ve, he would have jumped ship as soon as one of the OF came in, as they inevitably would have, to try to wreck any revival. This reality about the OF way of doing business proves Romanov right in both parts of what he said.

joshmorris1874
Well written piece by Mcghee on Romanovs 'Scottish Mafia' comment last week in his weekly column. Still seems very philosophical on the Hearts job / Romanov rather than bitter;

http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfootball/display.var.2392729.0.mcmafia_its_just_business.php

He is absolutely bricking it, that Shabba will do a good job, and finish higher than his Uefa Cup team, Motherwell!!:confused:

Mark 'Celtic Minded' McGhee will get a chance to see the error of his ways on the 9th August.

Dirk Diggler
Mark 'Celtic Minded' McGhee will get a chance to see the error of his ways on the 9th August.

?You could have managed a Big Club?

;)

Archived