A big season for our younger players

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Hopefully more youngsters will get the chance to play this season and it's a big season for some of them in terms of their further development....

Jamie MacDonald - will he get a chance to stake his claim? will he be up to the challenge?

Jason Thomson & Johnny Brown - hopefully either of these kids will be able to finally displace the limited Neilson who's always been a backward step in terms of trying to play good football, both JT & JB are better players with the ball and Csaba can help them strengthen their defensive game.

Lee Wallace - massive season for him, needs to finally establish himself (assuming he stays at Hearts)

Craig Sives - now he's fit again maybe he can get back in the frame after a terrible few years with injuries and build on his early promise?

Eggert Jonsson & Ryan McGowan - expect them to continue their development and establish themselves this season.

Andy Driver - will develop further but needs to add composure into his crossing & shooting - if he does he will become a very valuable player (again assuming he stays at Hearts)

Jamie Mole & Callum Elliot - massive season for this pair, need to start proving themselves week in week out whichever team they play for.

Gary Glen, David Templeton, Sean Mackle, Matej Rapnik - this should be the year they start to force themselves into first team contention, get some starts & sub appearances etc.

Jambof3tornado

Csaba needs to get the right mix of youth and experience but I agree that a few of the youngsters are better than the ones we see play at other teams in the spl so lets see what they can do.:)

hopefully we will start promoting more youngsters from the academy

Hopefully not for the sake of it and its because they are actually ready. Can only think of Glen and Rapnik that should be in the first team squad.

Hopefully more youngsters will get the chance to play this season and it's a big season for some of them in terms of their further development....

Jamie MacDonald - will he get a chance to stake his claim? will he be up to the challenge?

Jason Thomson & Johnny Brown - hopefully either of these kids will be able to finally displace the limited Neilson who's always been a backward step in terms of trying to play good football, both JT & JB are better players with the ball and Csaba can help them strengthen their defensive game.

Lee Wallace - massive season for him, needs to finally establish himself (assuming he stays at Hearts)

Craig Sives - now he's fit again maybe he can get back in the frame after a terrible few years with injuries and build on his early promise?

Eggert Jonsson & Ryan McGowan - expect them to continue their development and establish themselves this season.

Andy Driver - will develop further but needs to add composure into his crossing & shooting - if he does he will become a very valuable player (again assuming he stays at Hearts)

Jamie Mole & Callum Elliot - massive season for this pair, need to start proving themselves week in week out whichever team they play for.

Gary Glen, David Templeton, Sean Mackle, Matej Rapnik - this should be the year they start to force themselves into first team contention, get some starts & sub appearances etc.

Of that group I would like to see Wallace, Jonsson, McGowan, Driver, Mole and Glen in the first team squad. Thomson proved in the last few games last year he is not good enough. Elliot needs a move. Haven't seen enough of the others.

Charlie-Brown
Every season is a big season for the younger age groups.

True G-A but Wallace, Sives, MacDonald, Mole, Driver, Elliot, Thomson are now into their early twenties and need to be firmly establishing themselves wherever they end up playing.

The younger ones just need to keep applying themselves and make the most of what first team opportunities & game time they get.

Skacel'sLeftFoot

This will have been posted before, but it's always worth another view. Get Rapnik and Glen in the side all season.:dribble:

Gigolo-Aunt
True G-A but Wallace, Sives, MacDonald, Mole, Driver, Elliot, Thomson are now into their early twenties and need to be firmly establishing themselves wherever they end up playing.

The younger ones just need to keep applying themselves and make the most of what first team opportunities & game time they get.

Was not a pop at the origial post, mate.

I can rememeber posting a thread at the start of last season on Wallace, how it was a big year for him. Here we are a year later and he has stood still in his development, and we have no idea of his best position.

Its a tricky one though. Does the new man give young players a chance with the jury out? Does he sacrifise (sp) points to bed these young lads in and give them an extended run?

It is a clean slate for all at the club. I suppose its up to the players as a whole rather than just the young players to impress in training, show the right attitude and kick on in pre-season games to earn the jersey.

What a novel thought it would be that if a player (regardless of age or nationality) gets to keep the jersey if he has shown up well in previous games.

One of the hurdles all young players face in the game if they dont make a good impact early doors is that there is suddenly the age groups bellow being a year older with a crop wanting to kick on to get in to the first team squad.

Charlie-Brown

It used to be the case that we gave a manager a year at least to bed himself in, sort out the wheat from the chaff and start to build his team, hopefully progress in year two and by the start of the third season he was ready to make his assault on the top end of the league, cups etc. This is what happened with MacDonald, Jefferies & Levein but we seem to have much less patience and expect instant solutions these days.

It used to be the case that we gave a manager a year at least to bed himself in, sort out the wheat from the chaff and start to build his team, hopefully progress in year two and by the start of the third season he was ready to make his assault on the top end of the league, cups etc. This is what happened with MacDonald, Jefferies & Levein but we seem to have much less patience and expect instant solutions these days.

Who is we?

The fans? Or the owner of the club who thinks he gave Frail a fair chance?

To a certain extent I agree with you. The lunatic way in which Hearts have been run on all levels is not the way to build a base to make an attempt on trophies (albeit that VR did bring in a trophy! - but not on a sustained basis).

Gigolo-Aunt

Thats the way football has went though, NMH. The amount of money in the game demands instant progress (not saying its right)

I think the question we need to ask is, 'what amounts to success this year?'

If we see a team out on the pitch playing together and working their nads off, then this is improvement, so we have to keep positive eregardless if we drop some points. Agree we never know what VR will do, but hopefully he's learnt lessons.

Charlie-Brown
Who is we?

The fans? Or the owner of the club who thinks he gave Frail a fair chance?

To a certain extent I agree with you. The lunatic way in which Hearts have been run on all levels is not the way to build a base to make an attempt on trophies (albeit that VR did bring in a trophy! - but not on a sustained basis).

Who is we? both the club and fans Coco and not just at Hearts either, the majority of football seems to be fair less patient with players and managers than previously was the case....if they don't instantly impress then their task is so much harder as the general attitude is against them.

jamboinglasgow
I think the question we need to ask is, 'what amounts to success this year?'

If we see a team out on the pitch playing together and working their nads off, then this is improvement, so we have to keep positive eregardless if we drop some points. Agree we never know what VR will do, but hopefully he's learnt lessons.

think this is important, if vlad gives Csaba the chance to build a team, then I think that top 6 is the target at least. From this season 4th is now a uefa cup spot (and if the cup is an OF final then 5th is a uefa cup place as well.) So I for me if Csaba is building a team to challenge the best then I will happily give him a season to let players develop. And as you say Ian if the players are working hard then it will definatly please me.

LeylandJambo

This will have been posted before, but it's always worth another view. Get Rapnik and Glen in the side all season.:dribble:

It won't do them any good to play every game they need to be nurtured into the first team not thrown in at the deep end

The Future's Maroon

What about other youngsters too, the ones who were so highly rated...Copil, Branny and also the Wagner bloke we swiped off the Hobos?!

I hope he doesnt throw too many in right away, they need to develop and also get used to the step up from U19's or reserve football.

Just in this thread we almost have a full squad of 'promising' youngsters, could they be the future?

Charlie-Brown
What about other youngsters too, the ones who were so highly rated...Copil, Branny and also the Wagner bloke we swiped off the Hobos?!

I hope he doesnt throw too many in right away, they need to develop and also get used to the step up from U19's or reserve football.

Just in this thread we almost have a full squad of 'promising' youngsters, could they be the future?

Kostadinov has to prove himself worthy of stepping up by putting in a good stint in the reserves and whatever first team opportunities come his way, Copil & Wagner as well as other promising U19's Rapnik, Husband, Balatoni, Danny Thomson, Robinson & Woods also need to show well in the U19's & reserve team this year and push for 1st team chances in the second half of the season when they are a bit more developed.

Its a big season for everyone at the club

Romanov - to prove that he has a different perspective of running the club

Current first teamers - to prove they can respond to strong management

The young promotees - for obvious reasons

The time for excuses from any of the above has gone. Make or break season in the Romanov era

Captain Lithuania

The only youngsters I hope to see this season are Glen, McDonald, Driver, Jonsson, and Thomson, far too many on that list who aren't ready, I would also like to see Branimir Kostadinov who is supposedly a fantastic player, I will have to see it to believe it.

Chad Sexington

I sincerely hope that Elliot is nowhere near this club by the first game of the season.

He should be allowed to leave asap.

Mole is another who should have his contract ripped up. Nowhere near good enough.

ScottishSandstorm

What about Rocky Visconte? Is he still injured? He is like the Pinilla of the U19s. I hope he hasn't been released.

Ryan Gosling
What about Rocky Visconte? Is he still injured? He is like the Pinilla of the U19s. I hope he hasn't been released.

Calm down.

ScottishSandstorm
Calm down.

;)He clearly hasn't had a huge "going away party" so there is no way he has been released.

The only youngsters I hope to see this season are Glen, McDonald, Driver, Jonsson, and Thomson, far too many on that list who aren't ready, I would also like to see Branimir Kostadinov who is supposedly a fantastic player, I will have to see it to believe it.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but in the interview with Darren Murray on HW he said of his last year's crop, Brown, Rapnik, Husband and Glen are training with the first team at the moment.

Archived