"Giakoumakis goal"

7PNJ4

Hearts were surprisingly good today and if Gino takes the chance at 1-0 who knows what happens. Naturally there were some shaky moments but that's probably one of the more comfortable displays I've seen at Celtic park. 

One big question I have is how Giakoumakis is getting credited with that goal? The replays on hearts TV show that it's going wide until it hits Neilson's arm and goes into the net. There might have been clearer replays elsewhere but was a little bit confused by this one at the time. 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Hearts were surprisingly good today and if Gino takes the chance at 1-0 who knows what happens. Naturally there were some shaky moments but that's probably one of the more comfortable displays I've seen at Celtic park. 

One big question I have is how Giakoumakis is getting credited with that goal? The replays on hearts TV show that it's going wide until it hits Neilson's arm and goes into the net. There might have been clearer replays elsewhere but was a little bit confused by this one at the time. 

Not sure the young man wants the credit for the goal. 

Ricardo Quaresma
13 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Then it would have been a penalty anyway, if it went wide, we'll never know

If it hit's him without intent from him, it's just an unfortunate deflection

Yeah both solid points. I'm just really surprised nobody mentioned the fact that it's probably not his goal. It's going wide and it only goes in off a Heart's arm. So maybe it should have been a penalty but it's definitely not that boy's goal considering how scrupulous the statisticians are when it comes to things like this. We're not got to be arguing about who was the top goalscorer in the league but imagine if that's the one that does you out of it.  

Ricardo Quaresma
58 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Yeah both solid points. I'm just really surprised nobody mentioned the fact that it's probably not his goal. It's going wide and it only goes in off a Heart's arm. So maybe it should have been a penalty but it's definitely not that boy's goal considering how scrupulous the statisticians are when it comes to things like this. We're not got to be arguing about who was the top goalscorer in the league but imagine if that's the one that does you out of it.  

Shankland's goal at ER?

I was more concerned by the scorer getting away with a blatant push in penalty box in the lead up to his ”off target” shot.

Never mind it’s only a push if a man in maroon commits the offence. Richard Foster was spot on with his comments on Sportscene regarding Sibbick sending off.

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Shankland's goal at ER?

He used his upper right pectoral muscle to control that before scoring. Never a hand ball!

Imo of course!👍

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

He used his upper right pectoral muscle to control that before scoring. Never a hand ball!

Imo of course!👍

Point was regarding deflection

Point was regarding deflection

What deflection. He controlled it and put it through Marshalls legs iirc. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

What deflection. He controlled it and put it through Marshalls legs iirc. 

Deflected of one of theirs and in

Shouldn't the referee have red carded Neilson for a deliberate hand ball and awarded a penalty?

Maybe he was just happy wirh his days' work at that late stage and just awarded the goal.  So what if a celtic player had committed a clear foul in the build up.

It really doesn't bother me.  We all know what to expect.  In fairness to the refereeing fraternity however,  one of them did red card two Rangers players at E R.  

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Shouldn't the referee have red carded Neilson for a deliberate hand ball and awarded a penalty?

Maybe he was just happy wirh his days' work at that late stage and just awarded the goal.  So what if a celtic player had committed a clear foul in the build up.

It really doesn't bother me.  We all know what to expect.  In fairness to the refereeing fraternity however,  one of them did red card two Rangers players at E R.  

It wasn't intentional HB, but never saw a shove live

Deflected of one of theirs and in

Nah. Just looked at it. Totally different. It was going in and their defender swiped at it and fluffed it. The Giakoumakis one looked like it was not going in until an unfortunate deflection from Neilson. But understand what you are getting at re-balls deflecting off players before going in and a forward getting credit for the goal. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Nah. Just looked at it. Totally different. It was going in and their defender swiped at it and fluffed it. The Giakoumakis one looked like it was not going in until an unfortunate deflection from Neilson. But understand what you are getting at re-balls deflecting off players before going in and a forward getting credit for the goal. 

Ok; then it's all about ref's reaction if it went wide, if it was 0-0

We'll never know; I doubt Clancy would have the bottle to refuse a pen, though

Was it going wide anyway?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
added more

Ok; then it's all about ref's reaction if it went wide

We'll never know; I doubt Clancy would have the bottle to refuse a pen, though

Was it going wide anyway?

I believe so. From one of the angles I saw from behind the net it certainly did look that way then hit his arm deflecting it in. Never a penalty either. Anywhere except Ibrox or C. P. that is😉

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

I believe so. From one of the angles I saw from behind the net it certainly did look that way then hit his arm deflecting it in. Never a penalty either. Anywhere except Ibrox or C. P. that is😉

And if it was 0-0? at the time?

1 hour ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Worst attempt at trolling ever...

Reminiscent of a Scottish football club who celebrated their masters

being automatically relegated, only to then go and relegate themselves in near impossible circumstances ....

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Worst attempt at trolling ever...

Reminiscent of a Scottish football club who celebrated their masters

being automatically relegated, only to then go and relegate themselves in near impossible circumstances ....

👍

2 hours ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Hearts were surprisingly good today and if Gino takes the chance at 1-0 who knows what happens.. 

‘Chip him, FECKIN CHIP HIM. FFS Gino’ as my neighbours either side heard me scream earlier

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

‘Chip him, FECKIN CHIP HIM. FFS Gino’ as my neighbours either side heard me scream earlier

I thought rifle it at Hart's left post, make him parry for corner if it doesn't go in

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not sure the young man wants the credit for the goal. 

Better than Celtic guy getting credit.

Defo own goal