"Edinburgh" evening news "live"

Ked

I'm not the paranoid type but this whatever it is has become a mouthpiece for hibs.

Every fekin article.

Give then short shrift please .

No more clicking on their shite from me .

37 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'm not the paranoid type but this whatever it is has become a mouthpiece for hibs.

Every fekin article.

It has been that way for years it is a really shite paper

As many have had too, moved to a digital model but so poor. Click an article and its "subscribe/give me you email address/fancy subscribing? Oh for the days of walking round to the newsagents at 530 pm to get the pink!! 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

As many have had too, moved to a digital model but so poor. Click an article and its "subscribe/give me you email address/fancy subscribing? Oh for the days of walking round to the newsagents at 530 pm to get the pink!! 

Or depending on your age the green 

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Edinburgh live is as bad 

Only reason that exists is because the evening news is so unbelievably shite it is an easy opponent ……….. much like us vs Hibs in the derby 

58 minutes ago, Ked said:

Every fekin article.

Of course it has . Newspaper industry is so healthy they can easily afford to piss off more than 50% of their potential readership .

Makes complete sense .

6 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Edinburgh live is as bad 

I've blocked them on my links. All they do is trawl social media sites for the word Edinburgh and then make up a story about it. Increasingly lazy 'journalism

And they seem to have some sort of bizarre perversion with a particular Hibs 'local celebrity' (their words) - basically stalk her SM and then publish everything she posts as a 'news' article. Very weird behaviour 

Edited by HeartofIron

The EEN and Edinburgh Live pages are horrific and just fill your phone screen with ads, making any article they post unreadable. 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

Every fekin article.

The Hootsman certainly is but I’ve always thought the EEN was fairly neutral.

8 hours ago, Ked said:

Every fekin article.

:conspiracy:

Jambo_Jarman
4 hours ago, HeartofIron said:

I've blocked them on my links. All they do is trawl social media sites for the word Edinburgh and then make up a story about it. Increasingly lazy 'journalism

And they seem to have some sort of bizarre perversion with a particular Hibs 'local celebrity' (their words) - basically stalk her SM and then publish everything she posts as a 'news' article. Very weird behaviour 

This is the world of online journalism, where reporters are under pressure to get as much page hits as possible and to churn out as many stories as possible to satisfy those demands. They're therefore chained to their desks as a result because going anywhere to actually speak to people to possibility uncover stories which would qualify as "good journalism" takes time. And, if the story fails to generate any web interest, they've wasted their time in the eyes of management. 

It is weird behaviour to basically stalk Jane Park (assuming that's who you mean) on Twitter and Instagram, but the reason they'll keep doing it is because people will keep clicking on the articles. This is the cost of everyone now getting their news for free.

The way to improve journalism, not only in this country but across the globe, is to buy newspapers. But declining sales means more lay-offs, more inexperienced staff, more focus on web hits, which altogether means less quality. And the worse the quality the less likely people are to buy newspapers. It's a vicious cycle.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:conspiracy:

It's not.Have you read the stuff they put out.

They're just riddled with hibs.

The past weeks articles have been ridiculous.

Some eejit capullo printed one sentence about Hearts play on Sunday then put the boot into Neilson for a paragraph then waxed lyrical about that lot.

Anyway I will avoid .

Jambo_Jarman
29 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's not.Have you read the stuff they put out.

They're just riddled with hibs.

The past weeks articles have been ridiculous.

Some eejit capullo printed one sentence about Hearts play on Sunday then put the boot into Neilson for a paragraph then waxed lyrical about that lot.

Anyway I will avoid .

The Evening News has both dedicated Hearts and Hibs correspondents. They each do match reports, player ratings etc for the side they're paid to cover. Not sure what you're on about here.

Are you even talking about the Evening News or are you talking about Edinburgh Live? They're owned by different companies. Edinburgh Live is owned by Reach, who also own the Daily Record and Football Scotland.

Or when you say "capullo" are you talking about Pattullo? As in Alan Pattullo, because he writes for The Scotsman.

Just now, Jambo_Jarman said:

The Evening News has both dedicated Hearts and Hibs correspondents. They each do match reports, player ratings etc for the side they're paid to cover. Not sure what you're on about here.

Are you even talking about the Evening News or are you talking about Edinburgh Live? They're owned by different companies. Edinburgh Live is owned by Reach, who also own the Daily Record and Football Scotland.

Or when you say "capullo" are you talking about Pattullo? As in Alan Pattullo, because he writes for The Scotsman.

Pattullo.

I'm on about the news /scotsman but threw in a bit of live.

I understand that Anderson covers us.

The stuff I have read over the last decade has been definitely hibs bias.And the shannanigans during our troubles.

1 minute ago, Jambo_Jarman said:

"Riddled with Hibs" sounds quite nasty to be fair. Hope there's antibiotics which can take care of that.

There's no cure .

Heart of Darkness

Every Hibs story has SENSATIONAL!! In the 1st line and every Hearts story has some negative spin on it. Just last week it was about Simms 'Stepping Up' with his new club, but when you read the article Simms doesn't even mention stepping up!! 

Sickly Green Bias 

Gorgie_Rules

Had a mate who worked for Edinburgh Live and he opened admitted that all they do is look for stuff on social media to regurgitate with a sensationalised headline in order to get clicks from facebook etc.

Their aim isn’t journalism, its just about getting hits on the site for advertisement revenue. The Evening News has gone the same way. Anyone could be a ‘journalist’ these days providing you can use the search function on twitter and microsoft word.

gorgie rd eh11

The EEN and Scotsman have been "riddled" with Hibs as long as i can remember. 

It's always been a strange road to take and certainly accelerated their downwaed spiral.

17 hours ago, Ked said:

Every fekin article.

Has been for about 20yrs.

WTF reads it now?

part_time_jambo
18 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Edinburgh live is as bad 

No, it’s worse. Daily Star/Sun type sensationalist non-news

18 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

I used to deliver The Pink when I was a laddie, loved that paper.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

No, it’s worse. Daily Star/Sun type sensationalist non-news

They don’t create any stories.  They just copy and paste from other sources.

EEN isn’t biased unless you go looking for things to be offended about imo. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

I used to deliver The Pink when I was a laddie, loved that paper.

Aye me too until such times as I wasn’t getting back from Tynie quick enough. 

45 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye me too until such times as I wasn’t getting back from Tynie quick enough. 

I ended losing my pink round because I was always late getting back to Parkhead after the footy :lol:

Lasted about 2 months in the job :( great pocket money at the age of 14.

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I ended losing my pink round because I was always late getting back to Parkhead after the footy :lol:

Lasted about 2 months in the job :( great pocket money at the age of 14.

Same mate :lol: I was fast as fk posting them too still buzzing from the game. 

8 hours ago, Jambo_Jarman said:

This is the world of online journalism, where reporters are under pressure to get as much page hits as possible and to churn out as many stories as possible to satisfy those demands. They're therefore chained to their desks as a result because going anywhere to actually speak to people to possibility uncover stories which would qualify as "good journalism" takes time. And, if the story fails to generate any web interest, they've wasted their time in the eyes of management. 

It is weird behaviour to basically stalk Jane Park (assuming that's who you mean) on Twitter and Instagram, but the reason they'll keep doing it is because people will keep clicking on the articles. This is the cost of everyone now getting their news for free.

The way to improve journalism, not only in this country but across the globe, is to buy newspapers. But declining sales means more lay-offs, more inexperienced staff, more focus on web hits, which altogether means less quality. And the worse the quality the less likely people are to buy newspapers. It's a vicious cycle.

That and tripadvisor, mumsnet etc.

Desperate stuff! :rofl:

20 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Had a mate who worked for Edinburgh Live and he opened admitted that all they do is look for stuff on social media to regurgitate with a sensationalised headline in order to get clicks from facebook etc.

Their aim isn’t journalm,is its just about getting hits on the site for advertisement revenue. The Evening News has gone the same way. Anyone could be a ‘journalist’ these days providing you can use the search function on twitter and microsoft word.

Someone in an earleir post referred to them as Reporters which is probably nearer the mark as they are not Journalists in any shape or form.