Jump to content

Alex Jones on the stand


Smithee
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

Punitive damages could add a further €10m-$20m.

Should have been $150m as the plaintiffs were asking. Or more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geoff Kilpatrick
44 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Absolute nonce of a payment. That's atrocious.

Only Stage 1. Stage 2 to follow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been proven that he brings in at least $150k a day from just his food range.

That's a shade under $55million a year.

He's ruined these people's lives for ten years.

 

The damages have to really hit him in the wallet, hard. 

Otherwise he'll just recoup the expense in a few months and go right back to what he was doing before, and the increased fame from the trial will only result in him having even more influence and money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's been proven that he brings in at least $150k a day from just his food range.

That's a shade under $55million a year.

He's ruined these people's lives for ten years.

 

The damages have to really hit him in the wallet, hard. 

Otherwise he'll just recoup the expense in a few months and go right back to what he was doing before, and the increased fame from the trial will only result in him having even more influence and money.

 

He may find himself jailed for his deliberate attempts to cover up and the effective perjury committed in trial discovery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cade said:

It's been proven that he brings in at least $150k a day from just his food range.

That's a shade under $55million a year.

He's ruined these people's lives for ten years.

 

The damages have to really hit him in the wallet, hard. 

Otherwise he'll just recoup the expense in a few months and go right back to what he was doing before, and the increased fame from the trial will only result in him having even more influence and money.

 

They showed in court that his earnings rocketed after sandy hook, 300 million a year was a figure mentioned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Proper Hearts Man, lovely guy and was spot on about Tommy McLean. 

Is Alex still around?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weakened Offender
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is Alex still around?

 

Last I heard he wasn't doing so good at all, sadly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a bit more like it.

Still not enough but it's as good as it gets.

 

Families still have other suits against him in play and the Jan 6th committee will be pouring over the 2 years of texts (and emails) that are on their way to them now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Another $45 million. Still not enough, but not a joke.

It’s sadly not. 
The cap takes this down to something like 1.5mill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cade said:

Families still have other suits against him in play and the Jan 6th committee will be pouring over the 2 years of texts (and emails) that are on their way to them now.


The next two cases may see the fury find him guilty then issue a bigger fine since the punitive damages side of the compensation are so low.


The parents have won and will help deliver a blow against the right wing crazy gang if there is something tasty in those texts. The Jan 6th Commision thought it would wrap up last month, they are coming back for a 2nd act. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Another $45 million. Still not enough, but not a joke.

 

It would be high by reference to precedent and to Supreme Court rulings, which tend to regard punitive damages of more than 4-5 times compensatory damages as excessive.  A ratio of 10 or 11 to 1 would generally be regarded as (borderline) unconstitutional - although there have been rare exceptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Boy Named Crow

I may be wrong, but was there not some rocket on here, who used to base his posts on stories lifted from Infowars? There's that many rockets on here now,  I can't remember which one it was!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I may be wrong, but was there not some rocket on here, who used to base his posts on stories lifted from Infowars? There's that many rockets on here now,  I can't remember which one it was!

He's not been on for a while. Thought that Sandy Hook was bollocks, the US was going to invade the US during Jade Helm and convinced 9/11 was bollocks and a fair few other batshit things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I may be wrong, but was there not some rocket on here, who used to base his posts on stories lifted from Infowars? There's that many rockets on here now,  I can't remember which one it was!

 

Against board rules to name another poster unless he's posted so I won't, but yep. It was kind of sad to watch—he was clearly somewhat coherent when it all started, but you could watch his connection to reality go further and further down the drain. I don't know if he ever posted actual Q*non stuff on here but I am 99% sure he was full on Q by the end of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

 

Against board rules to name another poster unless he's posted so I won't, but yep. It was kind of sad to watch—he was clearly somewhat coherent when it all started, but you could watch his connection to reality go further and further down the drain. I don't know if he ever posted actual Q*non stuff on here but I am 99% sure he was full on Q by the end of it.

 

You can @ them, the rules were updated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I P Knightley

I hadn't realised that the case involved the parents of one kid; I'd thought it was a whole bunch of them. Hopefully more are after him in a similar way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

I hadn't realised that the case involved the parents of one kid; I'd thought it was a whole bunch of them. Hopefully more are after him in a similar way. 

 

According to this article, ten familes are suing him in four separate lawsuits. This is going to get very expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I hadn't realised that the case involved the parents of one kid; I'd thought it was a whole bunch of them. Hopefully more are after him in a similar way. 

 

Oh yes, this is just the first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Punitive damages are capped by Texas law.
 

He’s getting away very lightly.

 

Was just thinking that! After the Amber Heard trial, I figured it was worth asking the question!

 

Hopefully the other parents sue him now too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OTT said:

 

Was just thinking that! After the Amber Heard trial, I figured it was worth asking the question!

 

Hopefully the other parents sue him now too.

 

Think its a given since they have a guaranteed win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

Think its a given since they have a guaranteed win.

26 people were shot at the school, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

26 people were shot at the school, I think. 

20 kids and 6 staff died and two others were injured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

20 kids and 6 staff died and two others were injured.

Aye, that's a lot of families who will now be going after him. 

 

EDIT: Had to fix some seriously unfortunate wording!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They should sue him individually. Wipe him and people like him right out. Scumbag.

Edited by ri Alban
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

This is some take…

:cornette:

She's a nutjob, how Americans can be persuaded to put these people into positions of power is beyond me. And that goes for working class people over here , who think the Tories give a shit about them and the Scots who think they have things in common with Mogg, Johnson and the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

She's a nutjob, how Americans can be persuaded to put these people into positions of power is beyond me. And that goes for working class people over here , who think the Tories give a shit about them and the Scots who think they have things in common with Mogg, Johnson and the rest.

Several Congressmembers were interviewed about their relationships with people on the opposite side of the aisle. I remember AOC mentioning several very conservative representatives that she'd had tense and adversarial but nonetheless respectful and thoughtful discussions with. When asked about MTG, she said the woman has never had two original thoughts to rub together.

 

And yes, she's absolutely off the wall and has no business anywhere near leadership, but I would have thought a country with BoJo, Truss, Jacob Rees-Moog, and George Galloway would understand that it's not strictly an American phenomenon . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Several Congressmembers were interviewed about their relationships with people on the opposite side of the aisle. I remember AOC mentioning several very conservative representatives that she'd had tense and adversarial but nonetheless respectful and thoughtful discussions with. When asked about MTG, she said the woman has never had two original thoughts to rub together.

 

And yes, she's absolutely off the wall and has no business anywhere near leadership, but I would have thought a country with BoJo, Truss, Jacob Rees-Moog, and George Galloway would understand that it's not strictly an American phenomenon . . .

It's not, but you're bigger and have more :nuts: 🥜.  

 

 

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Was it nibbles was it?

He was the biggest one, certainly. Always denied that he was getting his shite from InfoWars but oddly he was always going on about the exact same thing that Jones was on about at any given time.

 

There were a couple other Sandy Hook denialists on here, but I didn't commit them to memory because I put them on ignore as soon as they started spouting it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...