bored - so watching Ben Hur

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I am back home in Edinburgh as new flat in Glasgow has not had things moved in yet. My parents are away for the night so have the house to my self. All my edinburgh friends are away or busy, all my glasgow friends are in Glasgow. None of my friends are online at the momment. I am bored except for the banter of kickback.

So thought I would watch ben hur (as no other decent movies) and the free previews on the "special" channels are not on for another hour.

Seen it before but it is actully a good film. Loving the rowing bit as being a rower I am glad I dont have to row arms only. RAMMING SPEED. Charlton Heston is great in it and he knows how to do a crazy look.

Has anyone else got anything else I can do apart from ben hur and kickback,

oh and having a few cans of carling as well.

Gigolo-Aunt

There is a program on BBC2 later on tonight about Kenneth Williams. It looks excellent.

jamboinglasgow
There is a program on BBC2 later on tonight about Kenneth Williams. It looks excellent.

if thats the drama about him I have seen it before. Just realised if I need a girlfriend then there would be at least someone to at least phone.

Gigolo-Aunt
if thats the drama about him I have seen it before. Just realised if I need a girlfriend then there would be at least someone to at least phone.

Aye, its a repeat from BBC4.

As for the second part..

You do sound down in the dumps mate, chin up.

jamboinglasgow
Aye, its a repeat from BBC4.

As for the second part..

You do sound down in the dumps mate, chin up.

dont worry not down in the dumps just realising how its much better in glasgow these days. More that I am free but there is nothing really to do. I haven't had a decent pint in a pub for a week or two only stuff from the fridge. Have 6 cans left to drink so no problem getting drunk.

chester copperpot
dont worry not down in the dumps just realising how its much better in glasgow these days. More that I am free but there is nothing really to do. I haven't had a decent pint in a pub for a week or two only stuff from the fridge. Have 6 cans left to drink so no problem getting drunk.

Glasgow is by far the better city. Especially im the city centre. Much better shops, pubs/clubs.

I live out in the sticks, and the local boozer is dynamite. In edinburgh, I always used to stay in if one of my mates didn't come out with me. My local boozer is full of huns, but they're very welcoming to me seen as I have a Hearts tattoo on my arm.

The only fecker that doesn't like me is a guy from (originally) from Falkirk, he got a bit upset that he took 15years to get accepted in the pub, whereas it took me 4 months.

He actually challenged me to a fight in the pub one night, until the locals stepped in to tell him not to be daft. He'd either have lost (which he would've) and been beaten up, or won, and the rest of the pub would've kicked his ass. I guess I'm just a good guy that everyone likes. Especially protestant Rangers fans. ;)

Glasgow is by far the better city. Especially im the city centre. Much better shops, pubs/clubs.

I live out in the sticks, and the local boozer is dynamite. In edinburgh, I always used to stay in if one of my mates didn't come out with me. My local boozer is full of huns, but they're very welcoming to me seen as I have a Hearts tattoo on my arm.

The only fecker that doesn't like me is a guy from (originally) from Falkirk, he got a bit upset that he took 15years to get accepted in the pub, whereas it took me 4 months.

He actually challenged me to a fight in the pub one night, until the locals stepped in to tell him not to be daft. He'd either have lost (which he would've) and been beaten up, or won, and the rest of the pub would've kicked his ass. I guess I'm just a good guy that everyone likes. Especially protestant Rangers fans. ;)

I assume you've kept your religious origins under cover then;)

chester copperpot
I assume you've kept your religious origins under cover then;)

I think the fact I'm a fenion, orange, monarchist would send the Glasgow underworld into freefall.

And that is true.

A catholic (not by choice) is a monarchist sits pretty badly with my parents.

My mother especially.

jamboinglasgow

aye, my new flat, I was supposed to move things into it today but the stupid agency got the keys wrong so I am the only one with keys and my two others cant move in till early this comming week. I am so happy there are two pubs 50m up the road from me and 1 50m down. THink I might be in glasgow alot this summer unless I get a job in edinburgh.

Archived