amazed at some of the paper reception to Csaba

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Got the daily mail and scotsman today to be amazed that there main take on the appointment of Csaba is that he has not Romanov in person. Amazed that was the angle they took, it was almost like they were trying to look for something bad in yesterdays appointment. Like if Csaba had met Romanov in person he would be running away.

not the Sun though, got him in a picture with the kid on puppet strings.

No I dont buy it. Wife does.

Gigolo-Aunt

I find it rather strange he has not spoken face to face with VR.

Would have thought that should have been a must.

JamboGraham

Or hopefully a clear sign that Romanov is leaving the football side of the business to the guys that know about football......

Gigolo-Aunt
Or hopefully a clear sign that Romanov is leaving the football side of the business to the guys that know about football......

Fingers crossed.

VR taking a more of a back seat or not, would have exepcted him to meet the chap face to face.

jamboinglasgow

well the articles were saying he has spoken to Vlad over the phone a few times so its not like they have not spoken. In this day and age face to face is not so important.

Thought the hearld has been very good in its reporting (as it usually is) may consider buying it instead of the Scotsman in the future.

Drylaw Hearts

Just posted this on another thread :

I'm positive Donkey said on Talk 107 last night that VR and Csaba met during Euro 2008.

There is no way VR would employ someone without meeting them imo.

I got the impression it wasn't a chance meeting either.

And I'm sure this was confirmed by some Ugandan reporter aswell.

Gigolo-Aunt
well the articles were saying he has spoken to Vlad over the phone a few times so its not like they have not spoken. In this day and age face to face is not so important.

Thought the hearld has been very good in its reporting (as it usually is) may consider buying it instead of the Scotsman in the future.

Phone conversations or not, the relationship between the two is the most important at the club. Would have thought it would have been vital that the two met face to face. To spend time in each others company and build a relationship from the start.

Not trying to be a negative neddy, just rather surprised at this.

Buffalo Bill

I sure they must have Skype in Uganda!

Buffalo Bill

Gigolo-Aunt
Just posted this on another thread :

I got the impression it wasn't a chance meeting either.

And I'm sure this was confirmed by some Ugandan reporter aswell.

Hope so DH.

I dont think VR would appoint someone without meeting them either.

Drylaw Hearts
I sure they must have Skype in Uganda!

Buffalo Bill

Is that a disease ?

Nucky Thompson

I'm embarrassed that I get the Scottish Sun delivered to my door( I'm not in walking distance to the shop) I'm going to cancel tomorrow and I advice every Jambo to do the same:cool: LET'S BOYCOTT THE SUN.

Drylaw Hearts
Hope so DH.

Not a chance.

He always wants to "see the whites of their eyes".

Or some shiiit like that.

good point and we can live in hope:)

Charlie-Brown

Does it really matter? Csaba's here and he wouldn't even be here unless VR wanted him to be here.

jamboinglasgow
Hope so DH.

considering he wanted McGhee to fly out to lithuania for 8 days before signing tells me he has met Csaba before. Hopefully this means vlad really likes him and feels he is the person who get on with it and vlad doesn't need to interfere.

Auld Reekin'

Let's face it: it is pretty strange that they haven't met face-to-face for an interview or to discuss what Romanov expects of Laszlo and what Laszlo expects of his role at Hearts. I'm not at all surprised that the media have picked-up on this, or that they attempted to ask so many questions about the likelyhood that Romanov will attempt to influence team matters in the future. Questions of this nature are inevitable given the waters we now sail in with Romanov at the helm.

Anyone can have a go at the Scottish media hacks if they like but, in general, they are only asking the same questions (albeit to the wrong person) that most of us have wanted answers to for some time...

I just hope that Laszlo is the strong, determined and motivated character he has come across as so far, because we desperately need that at Hearts right now.

jamboinglasgow
I'm embarrassed that I get the Scottish Sun delivered to my door( I'm not in walking distance to the shop) I'm going to cancel tomorrow and I advice every Jambo to do the same:cool: LET'S BOYCOTT THE SUN.

decided never to buy the sun (not that I normally do) after they put the disgraceful picture which was either doctored or perspective played a part of Skacel spitting at lennon.

Miller Jambo 60

Oh dear the biggest load of rubbish to your door cancel.

and they hate HEARTS

Nucky Thompson
Oh dear the biggest load of rubbish to your door cancel.

and they hate HEARTS

I know Doug mate:)

britneyandlily

whats lothar matthaus speakn about csaba in that light for anyway whats he done in management just cause u were a good player doesnt mean your a good manager eg ruud gullit(article in sat sun slating csaba)

Buffalo Bill
Is that a disease ?

Well it's a pain in the arse!

Buffalo Bill

Skacel'sLeftFoot
Let's face it: it is pretty strange that they haven't met face-to-face for an interview or to discuss what Romanov expects of Laszlo and what Laszlo expects of his role at Hearts. I'm not at all surprised that the media have picked-up on this, or that they attempted to ask so many questions about the likelyhood that Romanov will attempt to influence team matters in the future. Questions of this nature are inevitable given the waters we now sail in with Romanov at the helm.

Anyone can have a go at the Scottish media hacks if they like but, in general, they are only asking the same questions (albeit to the wrong person) that most of us have wanted answers to for some time...

I just hope that Laszlo is the strong, determined and motivated character he has come across as so far, because we desperately need that at Hearts right now. [/QUOT.

Agreed. From his press conferences I didn't get the impression Shabba was either a puppet or a muppet. Time will tell of course, but he ain't from Kaunas or Ripo and I'm happy at that. If he signs Idi Amin Jnr then it may show VR is having an influence.

Drylaw Hearts
Romanov didn't interview him 'for the job'.

But he did meet VR.

Or has Donkey got that wrong ?

Ryan Gosling
But he did meet VR.

Or has Donkey got that wrong ?

Oh I have no doubt he did.

But he just wasn't part of the 'panel' who interviewed him.

jamboinglasgow

after reading the quote in the Daily mail it did seem he was talking that vlad did not meet face to face in negotiations but it did sound like he had met him before.

Drylaw Hearts

So VR met the guy and liked him enough to give him a chance to be interviewed ?

Seems ok to me.

As disappointed as I thought I would be, I am honestly getting excited about this.

I try not to think about why, because if I get to the conclusion that "it is because we have a manager" then I am demeaning Laszlo. I hope that it is for the best, I hope that it is because I believe that VR has changed, I hope that it is because I believe that CL is the man.

I hope.

Ryan Gosling
As disappointed as I thought I would be, I am honestly getting excited about this.

I try not to think about why, because if I get to the conclusion that "it is because we have a manager" then I am demeaning Laszlo. I hope that it is for the best, I hope that it is because I believe that VR has changed, I hope that it is because I believe that CL is the man.

I hope.

I know what you mean.

Besides last time we had a manager with the initials CL it went well.

I know what you mean.

Besides last time we had a manager with the initials CL it went well.

See, the thing is, I WANT to believe, I WANT to follow, I WANT it to work.

I am simply scared it won't.

He has taken the first step and hired a manager, it is all about if he lets him do it. See if he does, and the manager is rubbish, then at very least it would mean that it was a poor manager and not the thing that makes us different from every other British club that was the problem.

Seymour M Hersh
Well it's a pain in the arse!

Buffalo Bill

Meanwhile on JKB Mr BB "piles" on the advice to members!!:o

Seymour M Hersh

Shaba Zulu!!!

A prayer's as good as bayonet on a day like this!!

grumpyjambo
Not a chance.

He always wants to "see the whites of their eyes".

Or some shiiit like that.

To see "the hunger in their eyes" :eek:

I just hope that Laszlo is the strong, determined and motivated character he has come across as so far, because we desperately need that at Hearts right now.

:Agree: :Agree: :Agree:

The writers on the Scottish papers get a lot of stick on here. Some of it is justified for the sensationalism. But they worked out Romanov's methods a long time before most on here.

And given that the 'full responsibility for first team' statement was dropped (just like the 'work with Frail' and the 'preferably experience of British football') from the 'introduce the manager' compared to the January 1st website statement - they are quite right to be suspicious now.

I am fully prepared to give my support to Laslo's team when they run out. I hope that he is going to be our first decent manager since Burley. But I have a nagging suspicion that it very much smacks of Valdas.

Fat Striker
Valdas was a Romanov protege - I don't see how Csaba compares with him?

Exactly.

Apart from being a tall, dark haired guy from Eastern Europe I think that's where the similarity ends.

Valdas was a Romanov protege - I don't see how Csaba compares with him?

Valdas played at a very high level. Much higher than Laslo. Both have experience of coaching at international level. Both have coached teams in European competitions and taken their teams to winning leagues. As you say the difference is that Valdas had worked for Kaunas and Lithuania. But presumably he was not born into the pyramid like some sort of golden child. All these guys have to enter the pyramid at some point.

Valdas came in at Hearts - and people were carried away with his 'passion' and his hardman act. This was after the fans were softened up with the mess with Rix and coffeegate. Valdas used to blether the same sorts of things as Laslo did in his press conference.

And then it became clear that Valdas was fronting Romanov's decisions. And lying to the fans etc.

Why would Romanov change the way he does business?

I am not defending VR, but anyone that reads the Scottish paper and beleives they will write anything good about VR needs to waken up. If and I am hopeful, Csaba makes good, then the paper will get worse. There is no point reading these paapers full stop.

Possibly because he has realised it's not working for Hearts?

(Well, that's what I'm hoping, anyway. We won't know for a while one way or the other).

ford donald

Thought the herald interveiw was excellent,get the impression this man does not take prisoners!much needed at hearts,think the players will very quickly get the message.Also liked the way he said final decision will be his!

he might surprise us all.fingers crossed!:)

Valdas played at a very high level. Much higher than Laslo. Both have experience of coaching at international level. Both have coached teams in European competitions and taken their teams to winning leagues. As you say the difference is that Valdas had worked for Kaunas and Lithuania. But presumably he was not born into the pyramid like some sort of golden child. All these guys have to enter the pyramid at some point.

Valdas came in at Hearts - and people were carried away with his 'passion' and his hardman act. This was after the fans were softened up with the mess with Rix and coffeegate. Valdas used to blether the same sorts of things as Laslo did in his press conference.

And then it became clear that Valdas was fronting Romanov's decisions. And lying to the fans etc.

Kvestyun next.

marshallschunkychicken
Kvestyun next.

Ah, a 'hibs.net takes the p*ss out of Valdas' phrase.

Good luck...

Ah, a 'hibs.net takes the p*ss out of Valdas' phrase.

Good luck...

No. Merely the phrase that epitomised the fact that Vlads hand was up his erse pulling his strings.

Sorry but Valdas was a puppet. I hope Czaba isn't but it's Vlad...

Ron Burgundy

Who was on the panel?

I would imagine the final decision was Vlad's.

Ryan Gosling
Who was on the panel?

I would imagine the final decision was Vlad's.

Just some of the 'lieutenants'.

Archived