Quitting smoking

Chris Evans

Chris Evans

Was just wondering if anyone has any good tips or success stories to share. I gave up a couple of years ago for 7 months then started again. Seem to remember it not being too difficult to stop then. Have now not had a tab for 6 days by using lozenges but it seems much more difficult now. Having a beer at home doesnt help but theres only so much tea you can drink!

So any advice would be good. Cheers

Miller Jambo 60
Was just wondering if anyone has any good tips or success stories to share. I gave up a couple of years ago for 7 months then started again. Seem to remember it not being too difficult to stop then. Have now not had a tab for 6 days by using lozenges but it seems much more difficult now. Having a beer at home doesnt help but theres only so much tea you can drink!

Get a bird and a good ram:)

I've been stopped for about 5 and a half years now. I'm afraid it was just willpower for me - no gum, no patches or hypnotism etc etc. I tried all of them over the years but none of them agreed with me until I found my own reasons for wanting to stop. There were at least 40 to 50 of those "reasons" ranging from the obvious - money saved / the health benefits for myself (and family) type things to some really quite bizarre and trivial things that I wont go into the details of here, but all perfectly valid and sensible when I needed them.

What made the difference? To be honest, I think it was as simple as I really wanted to stop this time!!!

Don't get me wrong I still get the cravings occasionally - admittedly decreasing in intensity and frequency. It wasn't easy and this post probably hasn't been any use to you what so ever, but good luck, find your own motivators and use whatever help suits you.

south morocco

I tried 6 or 7 times using patches but started again, but now i haven't had a smoke for over 18 months now,i used the patches and it worked for me,i smoked for around 25 years but really dont miss it,i think the smoking ban really helped me because we all know a fag and a pint go hand in hand,keep on trying buddy thats what i done and you'll nail it

I went 3 weeks with out one bit of tobac entering my system and got bored so started again.... never used any patches of gum, I think you have to just cut it out completely.. mind I'm prob best not to ask.

I've been a non smoker for three weeks now.

Champix - the miracle cure.

Weird side affects though. Dreams are very vivid.

I've stopped for over a year and a half now. I used the Lozenges. The 4mg ones do the trick. Put the old beef on as well tho. Stoppin smokin and stoppin deliverin mail hasnae helped the weight!

aitcheeayartees

Stopped after reading alan carr's book! the easy way to stop smoking.

Actually completely stopped after only half way through it.... just changed the way i thought about being so called "addicted" to cigs and that like non smokers, I did not really "need" to smoke. I had smoked for over 30 years.

It was changing the thought process about smoking that made me quit so easily......never thought i could until then. Dont miss it at all.

PsychocAndy

Dont do it you'll just become cancer thieves of the good honest tax paying smokers, and my taxes will pay for your treatment. your all just selfish.

PsychocAndy
Stopped after reading alan carr's book! the easy way to stop smoking.

Not the one I'm thinking of surely.

Mind you being an unfunny comedian he'd need something else to get some money in.

Stopped 3 yrs ago. Hypnotized then I used the patches just to stop me having the withdrawal syptoms.Has worked a treat.

Someone above mentioned having vivid dreams. I had some stonking night mares with the patches.

200milesfromgorgie

stopped smoking a couple of years back but being in a pub after a few jars made me sneak a couple into my lungs then back in march/april for no reason i thought this is pointless. went cold turkey, never had a drunken urge (for a tab) since.

Archived