WHAT A PLANK

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Getting the wife a bottle of wine at scotmid.Barnton

MOD EDIT in front has a packet of crisps what does he do tries to pay with a debit card.

Was told by me, want a sub mate.

Told by the server over a pound.

He brought 2s and 1s out his pocket and paid.

WTF i want a super-market.

East Craigs has nothing.

Gorgie- LIDL,SOMERFIELD,SAINSBURY,and loads of small shops.

Going to move, passed off

chester copperpot

MOD EDIT in front has a packet of crisps what does he do tries to pay with a debit card.

East Craigs has nothing.

Doug hate to make your night worse, but the guy in front of you was most probably a student.

Drain on society, hate paying my taxes for those feckers. :)

Ah to be a poor student again, paying by switch for 2 bottles of White Lightning again outta Iceland. Happy days.

Miller Jambo 60
Doug hate to make your night worse, but the guy in front of you was most probably a student.

Drain on society, hate paying my taxes for those feckers. :)

Ah to be a poor student again, paying by switch for 2 bottles of White Lightning again outta Iceland. Happy days.

was going to pay for his crisps.

aye 2 bottles of plonk more than 30 odd pence.

MA HA

chester copperpot
was going to pay for his crisps.

aye 2 bottles of plonk more than 30 odd pence.

MA HA

Aye but I paid for them in 2's and 1's from my paint tin which was converted into a piggy bank during my skint days.

Dont move because you live in East Craigs. Tell Tam I have allowed you back in the Mid, as I know the owner. ;)

Chris Evans

East Craigs has nothing.

A bit much to sell up mate.

'Aye,lovely hoose,great neighbours,brilliant access to the toon but bloody gits in the shop buy crisps on debit cards'.

Your right,get moving! Love your rants mate!:)

Miller Jambo 60
Aye but I paid for them in 2's and 1's from my paint tin which was converted into a piggy bank during my skint days.

Dont move because you live in East Craigs. Tell Tam I have allowed you back in the Mid, as I know the owner. ;)

You are winding me up ,you know tam

Marmeladent?rtchen

How about this, I was at Ikea in Germany buying a 330? worth stuff. Rocked up to the till, handed over the VISA due to the large amount and got,, "sorry we dont take VISA"!!! They only take cash or EC cards. (geman SWITCH/ VISA DEBIT)

I would had to walked out redfaced and empty handed if I was not with my Misses, who had to pay for me.

Turns out that alot of stores in Gemany have stopped taking Visa/Master cards as the charges are to much for them. Wonder if this will come to the UK.

chester copperpot
You are winding me up ,you know tam

Used to work with him mate.

He's alright. Bit of a hot head but ok otherwise.

I agree on one thing MJ 60,since somerfield closed east craigs,clermiston,drum brae have not got enough shops.

Most of the shops at duart cres have been empty for years aswell.

See that big hill if you walk over to the other side of it there is a HUGE tescos :P:p:p:p:p or go the other way to the gyle they have a HUGE Morrisons

See that big hill if you walk over to the other side of it there is a HUGE tescos :P:p:p:p:p or go the other way to the gyle they have a HUGE Morrisons

How big are they Ted?

Miller Jambo 60
How big are they Ted?

You okay Kenny talking to me.

ALL Big supermarkets are a bus or drive for me.

A joke.

Still go to scotmid with the old ones and spend 10 mins in a queue.:mad:

The People's Chimp

Honestly, what is the world coming to.

The end of civilisation is nigh.

Miller Jambo 60
Honestly, what is the world coming to.

The end of civilisation is nigh.

Is when you have to walk a mile for milk.

East Craigs and their so called SDP council dont GAF.

SNP now the border line boys are out

Im raging

Is when you have to walk a mile for milk.

East Craigs and their so called SDP council dont GAF.

SNP now the border line boys are out

Im raging

Bizarre.

When you moved into your house I assume you were aware of your local amenities?

I see no issue in paying for a small item with a debit card. Debit/Credit cards are acceptable payment and using them instead of cash does not make a person any worse.

Bizarre.

Tbf East Craigs local shop has changed name several times, and now lies empty.

Tbf East Craigs local shop has changed name several times, and now lies empty.

If there was only one local shop then there was always a chance that it would close down etc.

If it lies empty and he thinks there is demand for it .... perhaps he should open a shop .... I know he is looking for work. ;)

HUGE m8 sorry have i taken that to far.

Not at all just wasnt sure of you meant HUGE or HUGE.

;)

Enjoy belfast lucky cant.

I'm having to work :(

Miller Jambo 60
Bizarre.

Aye 1987 you for real

Not at all just wasnt sure of you meant HUGE or HUGE.

;)

Enjoy belfast lucky cant.

I'm having to work :(

no definatly the second one m8 yeah we will try ;););) did yer mrs tell yeah she bumped into us the other day (unlucky for her)

no definatly the second one m8 yeah we will try ;););) did yer mrs tell yeah she bumped into us the other day (unlucky for her)

Aye she said.... milling about George Street looking dodgy... ;)

Hopefully see you soon, will be thru at Ibrox so will hopefuly see you on the bus... if not maybe before then.

Aye she said.... milling about George Street looking dodgy... ;)

Hopefully see you soon, will be thru at Ibrox so will hopefuly see you on the bus... if not maybe before then.

not going to that hole mate so maybe before me dodgy never lol.

Bizarre.

Poor argument. East Craigs had a Safeway for years and years.

Hope this helps. :)

Poor argument. East Craigs had a Safeway for years and years.

Hope this helps. :)

However if it closed down ......... then why?

Poor argument. :) ... hence my point.

Pleasure doing business you walked right into that one. ;)

This is easy.

However if it closed down ......... then why?

No idea. However, you didn't ask that originally, did you?

I'd left home (2006) before it had happened; can't be 100% sure, but I think the last incarnation (Somerfield) closed in 2007.

So, Doug was entirely right to be confident that the supermarket wouldn't immediately close when he got the house in 1987.

You're right; this is easy. :rolleyes:

I'd left home (2006) before it had happened; can't be 100% sure, but I think the last incarnation (Somerfield) closed in 2007.

So, Doug was entirely right to be confident that the supermarket wouldn't immediately close when he got the house in 1987.

You're right; this is easy. :rolleyes:

Look at you all defensive.

Like its right for any shop or supermarket to remain in residence for the term of anyone that lives in the close proximity. :rolleyes:

Its fairly simple ...... its called business.

Look at you all defensive.

Like its right for any shop or supermarket to remain in residence for the term of anyone that lives in the close proximity. :rolleyes:

Its fairly simple ...... its called business;

I wouldn't call it "defensive"; since when have I ever defended Doug before? :rolleyes:

No - it's more contemptuous than that, on account of your incredibly poor and irrelevant argument. You acted the big man by coming out with "You should have known it'd close", when, in fact, the shop was occupied for twenty years after Doug got his house there. The reason why it closed has nothing to do with anything on this thread.

Sorry, but your wee snide trolling attempt has fallen flat on its face here.

:)

I wouldn't call it "defensive"; since when have I ever defended Doug before? :rolleyes:

No - it's more contemptuous than that, on account of your incredibly poor and irrelevant argument. You acted the big man by coming out with "You should have known it'd close", when, in fact, the shop was occupied for twenty years after Doug got his house there. Sorry, but your wee snide trolling attempt has fallen flat on its face here. The reason why it closed has nothing to do with anything on this thread.

:)

If there was demand for such a shop then there would have been one, however there is not... oh look there is my point, its business.

Clearly you have a sentimental affection with the area and this is clouding your judgement. That is clear and easy to see :).

Generic Username

I'm just glad Doug never beat the boy to death with the bag of crisps for wasting his time.

I'm just glad Doug never beat the boy to death with the bag of crisps for wasting his time.

I think we can all take comfort in that. :)

If there was demand for such a shop then there would have been one, however there is not... oh look there is my point, its business.

Clearly you have a sentimental affection with the area and this is clouding your judgement. That is clear and easy to see :).

I don't understand how you're still not getting this. It's not very difficult.

Yes, I agree, if there were demand, there'd be a shop. There clearly was sufficient demand for the twenty years that Doug has been in East Craigs. Your point was (look, here it is again):

Yes, he was aware of his local amenities when he moved into his house. Obviously, demand didn't significantly decline for twenty years. So, you look a bit silly for having a go at him for this.

Your point was never about business. Fair enough, if Doug were a shareholder in whatever supermarket there was in East Craigs, you could have a go at him for not selling his shares when demand started to decline. For your average East Craigs resident, though, he's entitled to be disappointed that the shop which was there when he moved into his house, and remained occupied for the following twenty years has closed.

So, I hope we can now agree that you will retract your earlier sarcy wee dig, as clearly Doug was aware of the immediate future of the local amenities in 1987. To not do so would make you look even sillier than you already do. :)

p.s. I've put the important bits of the above bold, so you've really go no excuse for missing the point yet again.

p.p.s. My judgement isn't clouded by East Craigs (why would it be? I'm not particularly passionate about it). I just find your posts to be simultaneously smarmy and a bit ignorant. :)

I don't understand how you're still not getting this. It's not very difficult.

Yes, I agree, if there were demand, there'd be a shop. There clearly was sufficient demand for the twenty years that Doug has been in East Craigs. Your point was (look, here it is again):

Yes, he was aware of his local amenities when he moved into his house. Obviously, demand didn't significantly decline for twenty years. So, you look a bit silly for having a go at him for this.

Your point was never about business. Fair enough, if Doug were a shareholder in whatever supermarket there was in East Craigs, you could have a go at him for not selling his shares when demand started to decline. For your average East Craigs resident, though, he's entitled to be disappointed that the shop which was there when he moved into his house, and remained occupied for the following twenty years has closed.

So, I hope we can now agree that you will retract your earlier sarcy wee dig, as clearly Doug was aware of the immediate future of the local amenities in 1987. To not do so would make you look even sillier than you already do. :)

p.s. I've put the important bits of the above bold, so you've really go no excuse for missing the point yet again.

p.p.s. My judgement isn't clouded by East Craigs (why would it be? I'm not particularly passionate about it). I just find your posts to be simultaneously smarmy and a bit ignorant. :)

I am unsure if you fail to follow logic? ... I posted my comment BEFORE he posted when he declared he lived there from.

Since he has said he lived in East Craigs from 1987 I have used the following argument ...... they have closed down as no other business has taken the lease is because there is NO DEMAND for trade in this area. <--- wow is this the point I am making, wait; oh yes ... it is!

Thus making your silly little arguement invalid.

I find your posts petty and silly; a junior trying to learn law and practising on here whilst failing; it does not make good reading.

Keep going,

I await you comment, like "Go away neobis" <-- now that was comical and childish! :);)

I am unsure if you fail to follow logic? ... I posted my comment BEFORE he posted when he declared he lived there from.

Since he has said he lived in East Craigs from 1987 I have used the following argument ...... they have closed down as no other business has taken the lease is because there is NO DEMAND for trade in this area. <--- wow is this the point I am making, wait; oh yes ... it is!

Thus making your silly little arguement invalid.

I find your posts petty and silly; a junior trying to learn law and practising on here whilst failing; it does not make good reading.

Keep going,

I await you comment, like "Go away neobis" <-- now that was comical and childish! :);)

All you said was "there was always a chance it'd close". Good call, man; the only thing's that it took twenty years for that to happen. I'm just saying that you have no right to have a go at Doug for lack of foresight or whatever, when in actual fact nobody thinks that far down the line if you're judging the amenities in the local area when buying a house.

My argument had nothing to do with business; if you'd actually read what I posted (as opposed to telling me what you think I posted) you'd know that I agreed with you re. supply and demand. You tried to make Doug look stupid, and you've failed. That's been my argument all along, by the way - go ahead, have a wee recap.

Next time, you might want to debate what's actually on the table, as opposed to dedicating yourself to your strawmen.

Anyway; night night neobis; I've got work in the morning, so I've got to leave you now. Have fun doing whatever it is you do*; I bet you don't feel very fulfilled doing it, though. :(

[mod edit]

All you said was "there was always a chance it'd close". Good call, man; the only thing's that it took twenty years for that to happen. I'm just saying that you have no right to have a go at Doug for lack of foresight or whatever, when in actual fact nobody thinks that far down the line if you're judging the amenities in the local area when buying a house.

My argument had nothing to do with business; if you'd actually read what I posted (as opposed to telling me what you think I posted) you'd know that I agreed with you re. supply and demand. You tried to make Doug look stupid, and you've failed. That's been my argument all along, by the way - go ahead, have a wee recap.

Next time, you might want to debate what's actually on the table, as opposed to dedicating yourself to your strawmen.

Anyway; night night neobis; I've got work in the morning, so I've got to leave you now. Have fun doing whatever it is you do; I bet you don't feel very fulfilled doing it, though. :(

Re-read my last post!

I made a comment then he replied with his; his reply being he had being living there since 1987; I then since changed my stance and stated the reason it closed was because there was no demand for business; as I stated the last few posts; keep going ......

I am sure you love being in the limelight and trying to cause arguments to try and hone your already poor lawyer stance; that said you stick your point and don't let go despite being proved otherwise. Its all very characteristic.

as far as i can see Acey went fishing and caught an absolute MONSTER.

Good work young man

Say What Again
I find the direction this thread has taken rather sad :(

Really? :mw_confused:

I thought the way the thread developed made it slightly more interesting.

Unless you'd much rather have stuck to the original topic and had 2 pages about paying for crisps with a debit card? ;)

Unless you'd much rather have stuck to the original topic and had 2 pages about paying for crisps with a debit card? ;)

I was hoping to find out if it was McCoys or Monster Munch.

Debit or mastercard

these things are important.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Really? :mw_confused:

I thought the way the thread developed made it slightly more interesting.

I just want more Doug. All the time!

Archived