Barry Ferguson EBT

buzzbomb1958

buzzbomb1958

Barry Ferguson being shot down for his piece on Calvin Bassey after talking about suitor coming in for him saying that he would CHAIN HIM UP ,I knew Barry was thick but surely this should have been flagged up to him or is it just me

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

lost in space
18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Barry Ferguson being shot down for his piece on Calvin Bassey after talking about suitor coming in for him saying that he would CHAIN HIM UP ,I knew Barry was thick but surely this should have been flagged up to him or is it just me

Very happy for Bassey - that he has a suitor coming in for him. Don't think the suitor should chain him up tho - well unless he likes that sort of thing.

buzzbomb1958
8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Very happy for Bassey - that he has a suitor coming in for him. Don't think the suitor should chain him up tho - well unless he likes that sort of thing.

I don’t think it’s a very bright thing to say about a black player in todays climate

lost in space
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I don’t think it’s a very bright thing to say about a black player in todays climate

Are you suggesting I shouldn't have said  "dont think think suitor should chain him up tho"? Are you suggesting I should have said the opposite?

buzzbomb1958
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Are you suggesting I shouldn't have said  "dont think think suitor should chain him up tho"? Are you suggesting I should have said the opposite?

Not at all I was pointing out that dim Barry should think about what he says before he opens his gob

lost in space
6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not at all I was pointing out that dim Barry should think about what he says before he opens his gob

Ah, I see. As you quoted me and said that it wasn't a bright thing to say - thought you were having a go at me.

I will reduce my position from "outraged of Gorgie".

Barry seems to be very dim.

buzzbomb1958
19 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Ah, I see. As you quoted me and said that it wasn't a bright thing to say - thought you were having a go at me.

I will reduce my position from "outraged of Gorgie".

Barry seems to be very dim.

👍

Barry Ferguson is a pee-rick and clearly isn't very smart but I highly doubt he's intended to cause offence with the article. I agree that it's not a bright thing to say when talking about a black player but Jesus man, come on! If anyone is in the wrong it's the editor who should have proof read the article and advised him to use a more suitable choice of words. Some people are just ready and waiting to be offended by nonsense.

Tasavallan

What is the function of Newspaper Editors?  The clue is the word "EDIT"

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, MyWay said:

Barry Ferguson is a pee-rick and clearly isn't very smart but I highly doubt he's intended to cause offence with the article. I agree that it's not a bright thing to say when talking about a black player but Jesus man, come on! If anyone is in the wrong it's the editor who should have proof read the article and advised him to use a more suitable choice of words. Some people are just ready and waiting to be offended by nonsense.

This. 

Harry Redknapp used to say he had players locked in his cupboard until the window closes.  I'm not certain, but don't think he was being entirely serious or offensive to people that have had the misfortune of suffering that. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Glamorgan Jambo

The point is that Barry is thick but he's also money driven.

That's why he mysteriously went bankrupt just before his EBT payments to HMRC were due. Having transferred everything to his wife's name years earlier. A cynic would say he was lucky with how he timed everything.

And he, and the rest of the Glasgow press, are trying to drum up money for Rangers by selling Bassey or anyone else they think has value. There will be some sort of quid pro quo if he can help get the sale through (possibly for whoever it is that actually writes Barry's column - which is probably Keith Jackson).

It's almost laughable the transfer hype that emerges from Ibrox, and recently Easter Road, every time the window opens.

Tommy Brown

The Thread title has Barry Ferguson EBT

I assumed it was to do with that. If I remember correctly, he declared himself bankrupt to avoid paying back his EBT.

The thread is really a thick Barry thread, doesn't realise that he could cause offense it making a remark like that.

That is not a surprise and it isn't a surprise that the editor didn't see it either.

Seriously , do you believe that any footballer/ ex footballer pens these articles. These are written by journalists same as any auto biography  

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Largo said:

Seriously , do you believe that any footballer/ ex footballer pens these articles. These are written by journalists same as any auto biography  

I thought they quoted him from Go Radio? 

Bazzas right boot

Under rated player. 

Thick as pig shit and a proper dirty hun cheating ******* type tho. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Barry F used to strut around the pitch looking like he was holding a flat screen telly under each arm. 🤮

The Gorgie

Ex player makes comment about chaining up one of the clubs best players so he remains at the club, somehow turns into a racial discussion. I guess that's just the world we live in now.

6 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Ex player makes comment about chaining up one of the clubs best players so he remains at the club, somehow turns into a racial discussion. I guess that's just the world we live in now.

Bizarre from the OP. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

It's mad, plenty of examples of this OTT behaviour. 

Man swears at a football match his misdemeanour gets picked up by a microphone and TV Commentator 

has to apologise to the Nation in case somebody is offended. 

We could make a new thread with this madness. 😂

The Tackle
19 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Exactly this. Imagine looking for reasons to be offended all the time… it must be fecking exhausting 

26 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Bizarre from the OP. 

👍

When I read the OP, I was like ‘move along, nothing to see here’.

Pretty soon everything we say will need to be followed by an apology. Barry is a wee dick but he's done nowt wrong here.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Exactly this. Imagine looking for reasons to be offended all the time… it must be fecking exhausting 

I'm convinced there are a group of people ( probably with a newly categorised modern mental label) who wake up sweating, rush to their computers, switch on their telly, check their mobiles and rabidly scan everything in order to get their first " offended by anything" fix. Then,  after voicing their hurt, flabbergastation, fury and offendedness, do they happily sit down to  a cup of their favourite poncey fruit tea. 

Apologies if I've..............na **** it.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Uncle Buck
4 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Just you.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Pretty soon everything we say will need to be followed by an apology. Barry is a wee dick but he's done nowt wrong here.

You've just offended folk that are wee dicks or folk with wee dicks. 

And folk that are wee dicks with wee dicks. 

been here before

Barry Ferguson decent player, thick as **** but there's nothing unusual there.

Desperate attempt to play the rascist card by the OP though.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Annnd,what about the ones in these categories that are called Richard? They must feel very offended indeed.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Annnd,what about the ones in these categories that are called Richard? They must feel very offended indeed.

Good point - Richard who is a wee dick with a wee dick. 

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm not offended and I'm not called Dick.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'm not offended and I'm not called Dick.

🤣Fair admission that. 

See if you are sitting near the front rows at the football, you have to be very careful with expressing your emotions these days. 

Mind that Kilmarnock player that got so offended at being called an Irish prick he got the culprit arrested. 

Good job linesman have a thicker skin and don't take the advice of the fans too literally 😏

Edited by luckydug

The Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Even more exhausting having to listen/read their bullshit. They must see it as some kind of sport.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Except FTH, of course.