Budapest Hotels

gavsmith

Can anyone recommend any decent hotels in Budapest which are pretty central and cheap?

Cheers in advance

Gav

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Can anyone recommend any decent hotels in Budapest which are pretty central and cheap?

Cheers in advance

Gav

The Hungry Inn on the Plazza

cheap and cheerful , however they do not do food

yvonnejambo

Cheers in advance

Gav

Wheres the invite? ;)

Wheres the invite? ;)

erm........it was supposed to be a surprise :P;)

Any other suggestions for accommodation?

Depends on your definition of cheap, but I am staying at the Hotel Budapest, which is 4* and at the foot of the castle hill, so about 4 km from Vatci Utca

Can book it online for about 45 quid a night for a double room, excluding breakfast

I P Knightley

When I used to go there regularly, we were put up in the Hotel Flamenco which is round the back of the castle hill. About a 20-30 minute walk from Vaggie Utca. Don't know where it would sit price-wise but suspect it would be better value that the hotels bang in the centre of town.

Was also put up at the Hotel Gellert a few times - now that would be a budget buster! But - worth getting into the pools/baths for an afternoon or so.

Cheers for all the suggestions - looking at the Casa Sol Hotel at the moment - anyone stayed there?

Archived