Jump to content

Wayne Rooney (NHC)


The Goalscoring Knee
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Goalscoring Knee

Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

 

Probably expected by most, I should think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought he did the right thing to see out the season. Shame he's not going to stick around for the rebuild but probably no shortage of other offers. He got a lot of praise despite them going down right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Shame he's not going to stick around for the rebuild but probably no shortage of other offers. He got a lot of praise despite them going down right?

Yeah, spent most of the season trying to do hsi job with one hand behind his back, I guess. It did take a lot longer for them to be relegated than I thought it would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

db211833

He did well. He has surprised me as I thought he would be a car crash of a manager. Speaks pretty well now too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is he only thirty six it feels like he should be about mid forties 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Done a good job at Derby all things considered. Be interesting to see where he goes next. Can't imagine it'll take long to get a gig in management again but worth noting that there's no jobs available in the top 2 tiers atm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambos_1874
11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Done a good job at Derby all things considered. Be interesting to see where he goes next. Can't imagine it'll take long to get a gig in management again but worth noting that there's no jobs available in the top 2 tiers atm.

He'll be gutted the Hibs vacancy has been filled (for now).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How is he only thirty six it feels like he should be about mid forties 

20 years since his Everton debut!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

20 years since his Everton debut!

I can barely get to grips with that to be honest seems way more recent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can barely get to grips with that to be honest seems way more recent

That goal he scored against arsenal when he was 16 - it was Seaman in goal, that's how long ago it was. Davie Weir was in the team. Mental eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That goal he scored against arsenal when he was 16 - it was Seaman in goal, that's how long ago it was. Davie Weir was in the team. Mental eh?


McFadden probably still there too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:


McFadden probably still there too

mcfadden joined everton the season after. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

mcfadden joined everton the season after. 

:laugh2: bloody hell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlimOzturk

Should still be playing if he looked after himself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BigAlim

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

Pep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

mcfadden joined everton the season after. 


Hell man 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb


Bobby Robson is just about the best I can do …………… Tommy Walker may be but I never saw him play or manage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

How is he only thirty six it feels like he should be about mid forties 

Younger than Ronaldo aswell.

Not aged well 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga

Shit manager who, having seen his team relegated, jumped ship to try and avoid his reputation suffering.

He knew what he had to do with Derby and he failed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

Dave Mackay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jam doughnut

The appreciation for Rooney’s stint at Derby is due apparently to how he stuck with them through the never ending administration, embargoes and points reductions.
 

Not for his management abilities. He did his best to relegate them 2 seasons ago and only survived on the last day due to Rotherham losing a goal in the last minute. He finally managed to relegate them this year despite the challenges, still having a more than capable squad in a league lacking in quality. His inability to set up and galvanise the team to grind out away wins is what killed them off in the end.

 

Him and his agent seemed to be embedded in the American’s tyre kicker camp and when that preferred bidder status went belly up that was maybe a game changer or coincidentally the news today that it looks like they have new owners at last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Younger than Ronaldo aswell.

Not aged well 😂


Ronaldo is a freak of nature tho!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin_T
16 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

 

If we're talking world cup winners, Zagallo, Beckenbauer, Deschamps.

 

Capello was a top player as was Guardiola.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

 

If we're talking world cup winners, Zagallo, Beckenbauer, Deschamps.

 

Capello was a top player as was Guardiola.

ancelotti, conte, trapattoni

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ScottieMac17
34 minutes ago, jam doughnut said:

The appreciation for Rooney’s stint at Derby is due apparently to how he stuck with them through the never ending administration, embargoes and points reductions.
 

Not for his management abilities. He did his best to relegate them 2 seasons ago and only survived on the last day due to Rotherham losing a goal in the last minute. He finally managed to relegate them this year despite the challenges, still having a more than capable squad in a league lacking in quality. His inability to set up and galvanise the team to grind out away wins is what killed them off in the end.

 

Him and his agent seemed to be embedded in the American’s tyre kicker camp and when that preferred bidder status went belly up that was maybe a game changer or coincidentally the news today that it looks like they have new owners at last.

Did he not also injure a player in training when they were struggling for a starring 11?

 

I don't think his managerial abilities are good at all, just living off his reputation as a player in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

 

Jim ‘Mr Jim’ Jefferies. 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BigAlim
26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Jim ‘Mr Jim’ Jefferies. 😎

:jjyay:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Wayne, hope he makes it as a good coach. He was a wonderful footballer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

 

Pep wasn't bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I like Wayne, hope he makes it as a good coach. He was a wonderful footballer. 

 

Same here. 

 

Scottish Football wise I would have to say Martin O'Neil. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jam doughnut
3 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Did he not also injure a player in training when they were struggling for a starring 11?

 

I don't think his managerial abilities are good at all, just living off his reputation as a player in my opinion.

Yes, took out Jason Knight for 3 months. Incidentally, Knight played well for Ireland against Scotland the other week. 
 

Management wise, he only has his reputation to live off- though that alone will get him a decent gig elsewhere. Reported that he is on £90k a week at Derby- interesting that he wants his contract terminating by mutual agreement rather than resigning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Section Q
On 25/06/2022 at 05:15, heartsfc_fan said:

Younger than Ronaldo aswell.

Not aged well 😂

All that shagging and the fags.....!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

DEE2D4C0-39FD-4F7E-93F8-BB38ADED1AD0.jpeg.fb2293a53b06a2533a5d2628f38d2c49.jpeg

16/1 to be next Man U manager after they've just appointed Ten Hag!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

Johan Cruyff, went to Barcelona as a player, then later as manager he transformed their fortunes and put in place the club's identity that prevails to this day.  He set up their school of football and introduced the tiki taka style of play amongst other things.

 

Very possibly the best example of a great player who went on to become a great manager, as his legacy at Barcelona lives on to this day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ri Alban

Zagallo

10 hours ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bickfest
11 hours ago, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

Matt Busby

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamtartan74

Rob Rab Robbie Bob Boab Bobby Neilson

great player and manager for us 🇱🇻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He'll be gutted the Hibs vacancy has been filled (for now).

He's too tall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PsychocAndy
On 24/06/2022 at 20:09, BigAlim said:

can anyone think of great players who went on to be great managers?

 

Obviously Ancelotti and Zidane spring to mind, maybe Dalglish?

 

It's certainly not a rule of thumb

Dino Zoff

Cesare Maldini?

Didier Dechamp

Roberto Mancini

Is Kenny Dalglish still the only player/Manager to win the Double?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a2c582865d902e95cf83a9635bd7d106.jpeg
 

Apparently, to spend more time with his family.

 

Which is more weird, Wayne's huge napper or Coleen's plastic chebs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...