Vlad policy shift

Rods

Guys

Do any of you think we may start to see a lot of African players, arrive at tynie in the coming weeks.

I reckon that Vlad, has realised the Lithuanian dream has not worked.

He had a few test runs with south americans, which have not come good.

Bringing in Csaba, who has knowledge of the african nations.

This might be the long term plan, for scottish domination.

I reckon he sees african as cheap, and not tainted by the OF.

Drylaw Hearts

Concentrating on the African market wll do us no real good.

Kingston has been away too often for Internationals imo.

grumpyespana
Guys

Do any of you think we may start to see a lot of African players, arrive at tynie in the coming weeks.

Seems a good idea but the dreaded words come in to play WORK PERMIT.

Grumpy.

Only a Game
Guys

As has been said many times. The big issue with African players is getting work permits for them

As has been said many times. The big issue with African players is getting work permits for them

The big issue for me OAG is the amount of games they miss each season regardless of work permits. I hope we do not go after any African players.

Romanov has put too much into his pyramid system to simply abandon it and go after African players. The problem is not just Lithuanian players, its concentrating on any single nation in an attempt to discover some pot of undiscovered talent which we can sell on. It's not going to happen, if it were there far biggers clubs than Hearts would have discovered it by now.

What we need is to bring in good players regardless of where they come from.

Charlie-Brown

The Uganda player David Obua was on trial this week with West Ham so you'd imagine he must be of a decent standard and possibly qualifies for a work permit or holds dual passports - some decent quality African players would be okay provided they didn't cost too much.

Kingston only seems to dream about international during Hearts matches. There will be a lot of much more committed players in the African market place than Kingston.

Considering Vlad had Rober over looking at the Kaunus team and the fact that McGhee was supposed to be spending 8 days out there I very much doubt he's going to drop his Lith policy any time soon.

Agreed, no point bringing in Africans if they're going to be away at an important time of the season, it'll only hinder our progress if they're not here for games

Only a Game
The Uganda player David Obua was on trial this week with West Ham so you'd imagine he must be of a decent standard and possibly qualifies for a work permit or holds dual passports - some decent quality African players would be okay provided they didn't cost too much.

He doesnt qualify, we'd have to appeal a refusal. An appeal which goes to a committee nominated by the SFA.

Hardly anyone from Central Africa downwards holds dual passports these days

Charlie-Brown

No point in bringing Africans? the English Premiership clubs have loads of them playing in their teams.......

Drylaw Hearts
No point in bringing Africans? the English Premiership clubs have loads of them playing in their teams.......

But they have the resources to deal with it better.

Only a Game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Obua

says he spent some time in the USA and he managed to get into the UK for a trial with West Ham only last week so he probably has a more realistic chance than most of migrating.

He'll have no problem getting a visa into the UK for a trial, obviously he's got that already, but he will not get a work permit for West Ham, Hearts or any other club in the UK unless they sucessfully appeal the initial refusal. He doesnt meet the criteria to get one at the first time of asking.

Only a Game

Most of whom are regular internationals playing for countries in the top 80 in the ranking lists. (the criteria for getting a WP right away)

Charlie-Brown
But they have the resources to deal with it better.

We should sign the best players we can afford....I'd rather have a quality african kid at right back who can only play 30 games per season and let Robbie fill in the other 8 games than Robbie play all 38 games just cos he's always available. :)

Drylaw Hearts
We should sign the best players we can afford....I'd rather have a quality african kid at right back who can only play 30 games per season and let Robbie fill in the other 8 games than Robbie play all 38 games just cos he's always available. :)

I'd rather sign a player who has a chance of playing 38 matches a Season.

Charlie-Brown
I'd rather sign a player who has a chance of playing 38 matches a Season.

Even if the African / Other nation was a much better player? That doesn't make sense - it's not as if African's miss dozens of games per season if they did nobody would have them.

Nucky Thompson

I was having a debate with an older Jambo in the Roseburn bar this afternoon, his view is totally against VR. We were taking about how much control the new man will have, after about 30 minutes of trying to convince him to give it a chance and see, he came out with 'so if he has full control we'll be filled with 2nd rate Ugandans' :ahhhhhhh:

The Real Maroonblood
I was having a debate with an older Jambo in the Roseburn bar this afternoon, his view is totally against VR. We were taking about how much control the new man will have, after about 30 minutes of trying to convince him to give it a chance and see, he came out with 'so if he has full control we'll be filled with 2nd rate Ugandans' :ahhhhhhh:

They would probably be better than third rate Lithuanians.

I am afraid there are some who will only look at the bad side. They won't be happy until we fail and they can say told you so. Thankfully most of us want to see success that we can all enjoy together.

Drylaw Hearts
Even if the African / Other nation was a much better player? That doesn't make sense - it's not as if African's miss dozens of games per season if they did nobody would have them.

I think you have to weigh up a lot of factors NMH.

Eg

If we are cost cutting then we will be working with a very tight squad. We will have no room for players who will miss several matches due to Internationals.

We need to give ourself the best chance of putting our best team on the park every week.

That has been a major problem for us in the past 2 seasons.

Africans and South Americans should be a no no.

PresidentRomanov

Eg

If we are cost cutting then we will be working with a very tight squad. We will have no room for players who will miss several matches due to Internationals.

We need to give ourself the best chance of putting our best team on the park every week.

I agree Drylaw :)

Nucky Thompson
They would probably be better than third rate Lithuanians.
They probably would:) But the moral of the story is that there will be fans unhappy no matter what:rolleyes:

They probably would:) But the moral of the story is that there will be fans unhappy no matter what:rolleyes:

Never a truer word spoken.

Your team cant win everytime.

That is Football, Highs and Lows.

Charlie-Brown

Eg

I don't think we should be filling the team with Africans or South Americans but we shouldn't rule out signing them either, it depends on their individual ability and personality ie how committed they are - Camazolla had a good attitude / Pinilla had the worst traits imaginable......Ajax when they won the Champions League in 1995 had 9 home produced Dutch players but they also had 2 Nigerians Kanu & Finidi George whom they'd signed as relative unknowns for peanuts so I don't think we should ever rule them out. :)

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think we should be filling the team with Africans or South Americans but we shouldn't rule out signing them either, it depends on their individual ability and personality ie how committed they are - Camazolla had a good attitude / Pinilla had the worst traits imaginable......Ajax when they won the Champions League in 1995 had 9 home produced Dutch players but they also had 2 Nigerians Kanu & Finidi George whom they'd signed as relative unknowns for peanuts so I don't think we should ever rule them out. :)

1 or 2 would probably be ok NMH.

:)

Gigolo-Aunt

The most important thing is that the player is hungry and does not see Tynecastle as a place to pick up easy money and to sit in the comfort zone.

Pretty sure I read that South Americans were off the menu with the Scandinavian market now being looked at.

Again, I will say punt Kingston.

Take da money.

Nucky Thompson

Again, I will say punt Kingston.

Take da money.

With a coach that knows the African mentality, it might be worth keeping him on.

Gigolo-Aunt
With a coach that knows the African mentality, it might be worth keeping him on.

Would still punt him.

Definitely WOULDN'T get rid of Kingston right now.

So far he has only shown ability in flashes, but that was under a succession of hapless coaches (no disrespect to Shaggy, but he was more the players' mate than their boss).

He may look twice the player with some proper direction.

If he still looks lazy and half-interested by January, punt him then.

Drylaw Hearts
Would still punt him.

So would I.

18 months here and very little return imo.

Charlie-Brown

I'm with Doc Rob on this one - give Csaba till January to see if he can improve Kingston's productivity if not then sell him.....we'll have to sell him next summer anyway unless we want his contract to expire in 2010.....Kingston playing & playing well would attract much better bids than he would just now.

Dougie Masterton

I believe we will be concentrating on the Scandinavian market.

Nucky Thompson
There could be some gems there Dougie:)

Charlie-Brown

The Icelandic kids we've signed look promising players whilst Celtic had a good one in Bjarnason but he hardly got a look in and they sold him to Norway for ?250K ..... Northern European's like Scandinavians & Baltic players have a better mentality to settle in Scotland than 'warmer weather' players. :)

Definitely WOULDN'T get rid of Kingston right now.

So far he has only shown ability in flashes, but that was under a succession of hapless coaches (no disrespect to Shaggy, but he was more the players' mate than their boss).

He may look twice the player with some proper direction.

If he still looks lazy and half-interested by January, punt him then.

I'd go with that.

Kingston has the talent to rip sides apart single-handedly but his application is poor.

If he doesn't start giving 100% I'd punt him in January.

Drylaw Hearts

This was rumoured to be the market they were targeting a few weeks ago.

But since we have a new Manager I'm hopeful he have his own ideas of who we should be targeting.

Unless its Youth Players.

Drylaw Hearts
The Icelandic kids we've signed look promising players whilst Celtic had a good one in Bjarnason but he hardly got a look in and they sold him to Norway for ?250K ..... Northern European's like Scandinavians & Baltic players have a better mentality to settle in Scotland than 'warmer weather' players. :)

Like Africans or South Americans ?

Charlie-Brown
Like Africans or South Americans ?

Camazolla liked it so much here he even went to Norway :).....Velicka liked it here so much he came back. :o

Benny Factor
I'd go with that.

Kingston has the talent to rip sides apart single-handedly but his application is poor.

If he doesn't start giving 100% I'd punt him in January.

That's assuming some team will take him! :P

I'm with Doc Rob on this one - give Csaba till January to see if he can improve Kingston's productivity if not then sell him.....we'll have to sell him next summer anyway unless we want his contract to expire in 2010.....Kingston playing & playing well would attract much better bids than he would just now.

Who will buy him?

I thought that the idea was that after starring in the ANC he would be getting Premiership club bids?

Has there been any speculation about him this summer?

Charlie-Brown
Who will buy him?

I thought that the idea was that after starring in the ANC he would be getting Premiership club bids?

Has there been any speculation about him this summer?

There was some rubbish on football rumours that Newcastle & the Old Firm were interested but I think he'll have to put in some decent form for us before we'll get any decent interest.

Captain Lithuania

Like this guy lol fonejacker.

George_thumb.jpg

There was some rubbish on football rumours that Newcastle & the Old Firm were interested but I think he'll have to put in some decent form for us before we'll get any decent interest.

It is effort and application he has to put in, in my opinion.

Show he can be a team player instead of only playing for himself.

Gigolo-Aunt
It is effort and application he has to put in, in my opinion.

Show he can be a team player instead of only playing for himself.

Bingo.

The Old Tolbooth
There could be some gems there Dougie:)

Absolutely!

We could get the new Hans Eskillson or Harald Bratbakk :D

Charlie-Brown
Absolutely!

We could get the new Hans Eskillson or Harald Bratbakk :D

I'll raise you a Bo-Anderson and a Gottskaltsken :)

Archived