Ryan Giggs

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

I see Ryan Giggs has announced his resignation as manager of Wales. Not exactly a surprise as Page done the job for them.

Don't suppose he will be missed.

Just now, Morgan said:

Well done Wales, well done for reaching the World Cup.  👍

:spoton:

I hope they travel in great number to Qatar. The world cup needs the wonderful welsh support. 

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:spoton:

I hope they travel in great number to Qatar. The world cup needs the wonderful welsh support. 

Cheers, Des. 👍

MtS won’t be happy.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.

A dark soul is being polite. I’m sure he had some fling with his brothers wife a while back. I mean there are lines and there are lines. 

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

A dark soul is being polite. I’m sure he had some fling with his brothers wife a while back. I mean there are lines and there are lines. 

Yep, what a rat and it seems he is no stranger to being a shit to some 

Be interesting to see  what pans out at Court

Edited by SCFHearts

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

👀.  

Edited by Morgan

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Ryan Giggs is a total prick of a person - source former Manchester Utd player from Dalkeith. 

Common for that to be the case with serial winners. Football is not a personality contest. Even though it seems to have gone that way in the social media age. Miss the days of watching absolute relentless competitive animals like Giggs, Keane, Cantona go at it hammer and tongs against the Vieras, Tony Adam’s (renowned prick) etc proper football. None of this follow me on Instagram pish.

Not to say you need to be a prick to be a winner mind, definitely not. But that spite and bite is completely gone from the game. Must say this seasons Real Madrid was a throwback to it with Benzema, there’s another complete prick. But just pure desire to win on the pitch 

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Common for that to be the case with serial winners. Football is not a personality contest. Even though it seems to have gone that way in the social media age. Miss the days of watching absolute relentless competitive animals like Giggs, Keane, Cantona go at it hammer and tongs against the Vieras, Tony Adam’s (renowned prick) etc proper football. None of this follow me on Instagram pish.

Not to say you need to be a prick to be a winner mind, definitely not. But that spite and bite is completely gone from the game. Must say this seasons Real Madrid was a throwback to it with Benzema, there’s another complete prick. But just pure desire to win on the pitch 

I think deep down we all admire winners. Guys that shag their brother’s wife, not so much. Not sure but it could be the reason folk think he’s a prick? 

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

natashagiggs5_363x646.thumb.jpg.35b728c1f5b934aed8fe62a1e7e4f9d2.jpg

I vaguely recall an EEN headline linking us with Rhodri back in the day.

Natasha wouldn't have had that type of leg room in the old main stand.

Edited by martoon

Pretty sure he paid his brother £250,000 to compensate.  Someone on here suggested he should have upped it to £500,000 and had a second go. 😂

A_A wehatethehibs
5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I think deep down we all admire winners. Guys that shag their brother’s wife, not so much. Not sure but it could be the reason folk think he’s a prick? 

I’m sure that’s part of it, but mainly folk think he is a prick because he is a prick - in the way he speaks to people and behaves. The guy from Dalkeith the previous poster mentioned is a former team mate of Giggs. He tells fans to **** off when they want an autograph or whatever, there’s been stories and videos. To the point where folk walk up to him and take the piss out of him etc to try to get a rise out of him which is in all likelihood what happened when he assaulted someone. The affair story would’ve multiplied that by 10

There def seems to be a pattern of it with guys who are all about winning to a crazed extent. It’s pathological. They become selfish and contemptuous toward others including family and their wives. But it’s that same personality trait which can make them such selfish nasty people, that drives them on to exceptional levels of performance in sport. Djokovic, Tiger Woods other examples. Plenty others 

A_A wehatethehibs

Just saw, the assault case isn’t some random it’s an ex girlfriend 😨 the guy is definitely up there on the prick scale no doubt about that 

Was he not with Imogen Thomas for a while too , she is a very pretty girl

He really does seem to be a total though yes

Incredible player in his day and played at the highest level to quite a good age as well

Bazzas right boot

Shagged his brothers wife and hits woman. 

If he played for hibs or celtic not sure many folk would be saying he's a winner. 

Bungalow Bill

It’s amazing how he managed to hide his behaviour for years, I wouldn’t think SAF will be party to keeping it under wraps. It’s a bit like when we discovered Tiger’s marital affairs (without the domestic violence), how he managed to keep that hush for so long was incredible. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Was he not with Imogen Thomas for a while too , she is a very pretty girl

He really does seem to be a total though yes

Incredible player in his day and played at the highest level to quite a good age as well

A word was edited out by the swear catcher i think

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shagged his brothers wife and hits woman. 

If he played for hibs or celtic not sure many folk would be saying he's a winner. 

He’s the most decorated player in English football history with 34 trophies. 

We’ve had folk lauding Benzema just this season convicted of blackmail and he’s on for a ballon d’or

Winner != nice guy 

LeylandJambo

Some guy that Giggs. Assaults a woman has an affair with his brothers wife I'm sure I read somewhere that he got her pregnant then told her to get rid of it. And then as far as I read in the press he's trying to do the decent thing by resigning as the Welsh National Manager. They should've sacked him in the first instance. I hope he's found guilty and sent away.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s the most decorated player in English football history with 34 trophies. 

We’ve had folk lauding Benzema just this season convicted of blackmail and he’s on for a ballon d’or

Winner != nice guy 

Loads of players win things without shagging thier sister in law, shagging prostitutes/ under age or hitting women etc. 

There is a line. 

Shagging yer brothers wife is crossing it. 

There's being focused, selfish, determined etc. Then there is deviant behaviour. 

Being good at football isn't an excuse for it. 

He may be a winner at football, but there is also something very wrong with him. 

This is world overpaid, pampered, hero worshipped footballers live in. Not reality. They think they can do as they please.

One day(if not already)an elite footballer will cross the line with a psychotic, blow torch and pliers loving torturer. Then they can play football in the Trans league.

Bindy Badgy
11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’m sure that’s part of it, but mainly folk think he is a prick because he is a prick - in the way he speaks to people and behaves. The guy from Dalkeith the previous poster mentioned is a former team mate of Giggs. He tells fans to **** off when they want an autograph or whatever, there’s been stories and videos. To the point where folk walk up to him and take the piss out of him etc to try to get a rise out of him which is in all likelihood what happened when he assaulted someone. The affair story would’ve multiplied that by 10

There def seems to be a pattern of it with guys who are all about winning to a crazed extent. It’s pathological. They become selfish and contemptuous toward others including family and their wives. But it’s that same personality trait which can make them such selfish nasty people, that drives them on to exceptional levels of performance in sport. Djokovic, Tiger Woods other examples. Plenty others 

I've trained with a few people that have won medals at World and Olympic level. None of them behave like this. The fact they're in low profile sports where they don't make much money and aren't high profile may have something to do with this.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

This is world overpaid, pampered, hero worshipped footballers live in. Not reality. They think they can do as they please.

One day(if not already)an elite footballer will cross the line with a psychotic, blow torch and pliers loving torturer. Then they can play football in the Trans league.

Where do you keep your pliers and blow torch?

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Where do you keep your pliers and blow torch?

Shaka Demus looks after them.

i wish jj was my dad

I'm sure there was talk of him undermining Moyes when he replaced Ferguson. Not quite same as battering a woman but he definitely comes over as a prick

Byyy The Light
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He was one of my idols as a kid,fantastic footballer unfortunately he seems to be a complete fud of a man. 

Same. Disappointing to learn that he’s such a prick 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Shaka Demus looks after them.

Don't be cruel, walk away from trouble. 

Ainsley Harriott
19 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Ryan Giggs is a total prick of a person - source former Manchester Utd player from Dalkeith. 

I don't think you would need a source to back up what your saying. His well documented behavior confirms he's very much a prick

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I've trained with a few people that have won medals at World and Olympic level. None of them behave like this. The fact they're in low profile sports where they don't make much money and aren't high profile may have something to do with this.

Money is probably the key thought there, without doubt. Think about Man United win bonuses, goal bonuses, trophy bonuses, would be a sizeable sums of money for players. And the consequences / fear of poor performance, massive as well. Guys like Giggs and Scholes literally grew up as young players within that culture of intensity & desire to win. The other factor you’d have to say, is part of Giggs behaviour linked to Ferguson’s management style, rule by fear and iron fist? You’d have to say maybe. Ferguson had full control over them, their daily work life and their incentive structure through the large part of their careers. A huge influence. They did what it took to win, pure desire, pure passion. I do think it’s a lot softer now on players. I personally don’t find it as entertaining anymore. Compare Liverpool 2-2 Man City, with all the tippy tappy wonder ball you could imagine and opposition players all kisses and cuddles. Give me Arsenal 2-4 Man U, with the fracas in the tunnel Keane vs entire Highbury, any day of the week. But clearly you have to reflect on whether it might have actually damaged someone like Ryan Giggs, given he would’ve already had signs of these deviant personality traits as a young man. The sports psychology and mental

health stuff being adopted by clubs (including ours) is a pretty fascinating topic. 

4 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

There are plenty of high profile successful sports people who make sheds load of money but still seem to have some humility about them.  Guys like Van Dijk, Kante, Son to name but 3 top footballers who don't feel the need to act the Billy Bigbaws.

There are many more and it's more to do with the character of the individual than their level of success / fame / wealth.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a theme going on recently with big name footballers getting accused of this stuff but getting cleared. 

Giggs seems like an utter scum bag but ultimately innocent of anything illegal. 

I don't know where I stand with this because the women are not willing to take this to a conclusion. One half says he was innocent all along the other half says nothing has been proved. However what I hate most is these women using the excuse that THEY don't want to go through the process again... what about the man they accused? Sadly shit sticks and they threw the shit. Many people will view Giggs as being guilty , which seems unfair to me.

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Bit of a theme going on recently with big name footballers getting accused of this stuff but getting cleared. 

Giggs seems like an utter scum bag but ultimately innocent of anything illegal. 

See above. There are many people who will claim that it has not been proved he is innocent of the charges brought against him> He still has a cloud hanging over him and that is unjust. The women have combed their hair and said nah we are not going to lose this case lets leave it in limbo .

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't know where I stand with this because the women are not willing to take this to a conclusion. One half says he was innocent all along the other half says nothing has been proved. However what I hate most is these women using the excuse that THEY don't want to go through the process again... what about the man they accused? Sadly shit sticks and they threw the shit. Many people will view Giggs as being guilty , which seems unfair to me.

Some on the jury of the original trial clearly thought he was guilty, just as some thought he was innocent, hence the hung jury.

16 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Or the woman told the truth. 

12 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

See above. There are many people who will claim that it has not been proved he is innocent of the charges brought against him> He still has a cloud hanging over him and that is unjust. The women have combed their hair and said nah we are not going to lose this case lets leave it in limbo .

Not guilty = innocent in my eyes. If the women don’t want to pursue this because they might lose then that just reiterates IMO how strong their evidence really is. 

All we have to go on is the end outcome of a trial. Giggs is NOT guilty of anything criminal and should be allowed to continue his life as an innocent man. 

His reputation and career are in taters fair or not. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or the woman told the truth. 

Well they should have seen it through then. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not guilty = innocent in my eyes. If the women don’t want to pursue this because they might lose then that just reiterates IMO how strong their evidence really is. 

All we have to go on is the end outcome of a trial. Giggs is NOT guilty of anything criminal and should be allowed to continue his life as an innocent man. 

His reputation and career are in taters fair or not. 

Thing is he has not be found not guilty the case was set for retrial. I agree with some of what you have said but the way I see it these women raise a case then when the initial trial did not reach a verdict decide to not appear in court for the retrial to prove their case... this leaves a dark cloud over Giggs IMO and the women continue their lives as though nothing had happened. Giggs probably feels exactly as they do having to go through the trial again BUT unlike them he was the accused and did not have their soft option to not appear.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I agree .

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not always that simple though. I'm sure there's plenty of men and women who've gone to court over a matter and told the truth only to see a vastly unjust outcome happen. They've maybe been advised that due to media attention  etc then a fair outcome might not occur.

IF they've told the truth, they might be happy with the reputational damage and satisfied that folk know what he's like.