Hermes/Evri

RoyCropper

Received an email today whilst I was at work to say this mob had safely delivered my parcel. The email was complete with picture of where they had left it. Problem was, they left it just outside the front door of my busy street. Unsurprisingly, I returned  home at 6pm to find no parcel. 

The front door has never been instructed as a safe place to leave this or previous parcels. Where do I stand with this? New name, same terrible service. 

Contact the vendor. Shouldn't have any issues getting a refund or a replacement. 

I used to have massive issues with them not delivering to the point where I wouldn't order from a company that used them unless I could get them to agree to sending stuff through another courier.

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Contact the vendor. Shouldn't have any issues getting a refund or a replacement. 

I used to have massive issues with them not delivering to the point where I wouldn't order from a company that used them unless I could get them to agree to sending stuff through another courier.

This.  Hermes are diabolical.  The best way to ensure they disappear is to avoid them,  both as a buyer and certainly as a merchant.  Some of their drivers seem to think it's a great idea to dispense with the parcel delivery part of their function of being a parcel delivery agent.

Doctor FinnBarr

I worked with Hermes for about a month 7/8 years ago (Newbridge). Fragile on a parcel translates into see how far you can throw it

37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This.  Hermes are diabolical.  The best way to ensure they disappear is to avoid them,  both as a buyer and certainly as a merchant.  Some of their drivers seem to think it's a great idea to dispense with the parcel delivery part of their function of being a parcel delivery agent.

In the end I wrote a very diplomatic email to their UK CEO asking him why they didn't deliver my parcels. I gave him 12 tracking numbers of items that were a mixture of lost and going in circles. 

His PA had addressed every one of them by 9am the next morning and they promised a fix. A few were outright lost and the rest were in my hands by the end of that day. They've actually been ok since then but with the odd blip. 

I see the Post Office are getting into the act - you can return parcels via your Postie 

Think this is a decent move tbh 

6 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I see the Post Office are getting into the act - you can return parcels via your Postie 

Think this is a decent move tbh 

You'll just get a card in the door......"I was going to collect your parcel but you were out/I couldn't be arsed" 

I get these guys delivering are under pressure but some of them are just stupid arseholes. On time they didn't even bother to knock on our door, he just threw our delivery over our back fence.

I never trust them to deliver.

When I have the option, I always choose click and collect from one of their locker things in local shops.  

Too many times I've had packages simply dumped outside the front door in plain view of anyone passing by (even when I've been in), with no attempt made to ring the bell and hand the package over.

My neighbourhood social media groups are full of people with missing packages, packages delivered to the wrong addresses or packages being stolen (doorbell cameras catching the act).

I don't even trust Royal Mail. Sometimes they've not even attempted to deliver a package but posted the "sorry you were out" cards through my door and asked me to go pick up my parcel from the sorting office. Even when I've been in the house.

Challenged a postie once as soon as he put the card through the door. He never even had the parcel on him. They had no intention of even trying to deliver. I paid for delivery but was forced into click&collect. 

I can only speak for myself, but I'd happily pay an extra couple of quid in P&P costs to get a proper service.

Hermes/Evri are utter shite and Royal Mail are only slightly better.

Seen the other day that that the driver covering our area (duloch in Dunfermline) has set up a Facebook group so folk can get in touch with him directly about their parcels

I want to know why delivery drivers think a safe place is on the front doorstep? I have 4 steps going upto the door and instead of leaving it at the side of the steps in a gap between the wall and stairs they leave it in full view. 

5 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Hermes?  Now there was a carrier.  ;)

Now I went to the Docs with rash and spots round my mouth GP said you have a bad case of Hermes I replied Doc You mean HERPES! he replied no your a carrier