Only in America????

Benny Factor

• 2 weeks later...
A Boy Named Crow

Interesting,  so what if you get an STI from a knee trembler in a pub toilet, can you sue the pub? Or if you were at it in a public toilet, are the council on the hook if you get the clap???

Dick Dastardly
On 27/06/2022 at 14:38, A Boy Named Crow said:

Interesting,  so what if you get an STI from a knee trembler in a pub toilet, can you sue the pub? Or if you were at it in a public toilet, are the council on the hook if you get the clap???

Could you sue the manufacturer of your bed if you caught something at home? The worlds gone mad, i tell ya! 

Same country where a women spilt her McDonalds coffee on her legs sitting in her car....and they had to pay her damages. Batshit crazy that place.

(I got a blow job on a National Express coach once. Not sure if my damages case is against National Express for their poor quality shock absorbers on that coach or the local authorities poor road surfacing management.....Ironically I think it was around Cumbria)

17 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Same country where a women spilt her McDonalds coffee on her legs sitting in her car....and they had to pay her damages. Batshit crazy that place.

(I got a blow job on a National Express coach once. Not sure if my damages case is against National Express for their poor quality shock absorbers on that coach or the local authorities poor road surfacing management.....Ironically I think it was around Cumbria)

I watched a documentary about that and it convinced me she had a case. The photos of the burns are horrific and the coffee was boiled to an extreme temperature. The reason they set temperature limits is in case someone spills it on themselves it doesn’t do damage. These limits were ignored in that case and the result was horrendous 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Surely the passengers onboard would have a strong claim against the boy not driving with due care and attention to the road ahead.

4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I watched a documentary about that and it convinced me she had a case. The photos of the burns are horrific and the coffee was boiled to an extreme temperature. The reason they set temperature limits is in case someone spills it on themselves it doesn’t do damage. These limits were ignored in that case and the result was horrendous 

If I remember correctly, all she wanted was her medical bills covered. Maccy Ds were dicks, refused, and ending up losing the court case and costing them even more. I'm sure they'd been warned before about their coffee temperature and ignored it. She was entitled to every penny, I say. 

14 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

If I remember correctly, all she wanted was her medical bills covered. Maccy Ds were dicks, refused, and ending up losing the court case and costing them even more. I'm sure they'd been warned before about their coffee temperature and ignored it. She was entitled to every penny, I say. 

both spot on. the woman was in hospital for 8 days due to the third degree burns she received and took around 2 years to recover. she was left with lifelong effects due to the injuries. 

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Surely the passengers onboard would have a strong claim against the boy not driving with due care and attention to the road ahead.

Maybe a service the taxis could start offering to differentiate from Uber?

Unknown user
On 27/06/2022 at 08:46, Dick Dastardly said:

That is absolutely bonkers! Why should the insurance company have to pay out for that ffs? 

I suppose because the insurance covers damage or injury caused by the driver while in charge of the vehicle. I mind the police telling us in school that being in the car with the key is legally deemed to be in charge of the vehicle.

Don't fancy his premiums next year though.

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I suppose because the insurance covers damage or injury caused by the driver while in charge of the vehicle. I mind the police telling us in school that being in the car with the key is legally deemed to be in charge of the vehicle.

Don't fancy his premiums next year though.

I was under the impression that just having the keys on you made you legally in charge of the car, in it or not. If your sitting in the pub drunk with car keys in your pocket you can be charged. I'm wrong all the time though. 

This is still a bizarre thing for an insurance company to be liable for, though.