Hearts/ Chelsea/Leeds

SCFHearts

The Hogfather

While I'm entirely sceptical that we'd be playing either of those teams in pre-season, let alone away from home, they would be extremely good days out.

7 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Good guys / wanks / wanks ?

How crude.

Why are Chelsea and Leeds that?  🤷🏿‍♂️

GlasgoJambo

I mind going in the Leeds end at Easter Road for a pre-season friendly against Hibs. Think Brian Deane scored but the star of the show was a young Noel Whelan 😄

Plenty of pavement dancing before and after the game.

Ah, good times. 

I remember a pre-season friendly vs. Leeds that we won 1-0. 

1982, iirc, and a Leeds player, named Hart, scored an og.

Don't recall any bother but we played Hibs at ER a few days later and there was plenty. 

40 years ago!

Feck me.

Edited by martoon

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, martoon said:

I remember a pre-season friendly vs. Leeds that we won 1-0. 

1982, iirc, and a Leeds player, named Hart, scored an og.

Don't recall any bother but we played Hibs at ER a few days later and there was plenty. 

40 years ago!

Feck me.

There was bother on Gorgie Road 10 minutes after the game ended.

Not crazy olde school but enough to bring Lothians finest in to clean it up.

Chelsea wouldn't waste their time playing us and if they did it would be their C team.

They will be too busy prostituting out the last remaining morsels of their club in the far East in some nauseating glamour competition (a competition in name only)  with other Asian billionaire owned clubs to an audience of Asians who would not undersrand football fandom if it hit them in their glory hunting faces.

Edited by i8hibsh

Jambo na hÉireann
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

How crude.

Why are Chelsea and Leeds that?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Because they're not Hearts 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Chelsea wouldn't waste their time playing us and if they did it would be their C team.

They will be too busy prostituting out the last remaining morsels of their club in the far East in some nauseating glamour competition (a competition in name only)  with other Asian billionaire owned clubs to an audience of Asians who would not undersrand football fandom if it hit them in their glory hunting faces.

The only reason English football is the power house it is today is because of the over seas TV contracts that cater for those glory hunting Asians ……….. and Americans ………… and Africans …………….. Europeans ………….. oh and Scots of course

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The only reason English football is the power house it is today is because of the over seas TV contracts that cater for those glory hunting Asians ……….. and Americans ………… and Africans …………….. Europeans ………….. oh and Scots of course

What's the easiest way to confuse a Manchester United fan?

Show them a map of Manchester

Just now, Sertse said:

Yes they played a part for sure but Liverpool Chelsea Manchester City and Arsenal too ……………. I always find it a bit amusing when Scottish people with EPL teams moan about the modern game and glory hunters from around the world before sitting down yelling at the TV while referring to EPL teams as we and us

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

How do you know a real Manchester United fan? By their cockney accent.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

4 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

There was bother on Gorgie Road 10 minutes after the game ended.

Not crazy olde school but enough to bring Lothians finest in to clean it up.

Damn it, I missed it. 😄

51 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Encountered many United fans on holiday in Spain etc. Must have been about 20 years and 3 dozen attempts before I found a Mancunian, though.

A bloke from Salford who on hearing my accent asked "Okay, is it Celtic or Rangers"?

Eejit.

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

🤣🤣🤣

King of the North

Biggest myth in football is that there are no Utd fans in Manchester. If you ever spend any time in Manchester or with actual Mancunians, you'd quickly find that almost everyone you meet is a red.

City fans are more prevalent in Stockport but virtually nowhere else in the city. Which is why even now, despite their massive success and their incredible football team, they cannot regularly sell out their stadium. 

Their 'welcome to Manchester' campaign was as ridiculous as Hibs claiming 'this is our city'. Utd fans from Manchester probably outnumber City fans from Manchester by four or five to one. If not more. 

1 hour ago, King of the North said:

Biggest myth in football is that there are no Utd fans in Manchester. If you ever spend any time in Manchester or with actual Mancunians, you'd quickly find that almost everyone you meet is a red.

City fans are more prevalent in Stockport but virtually nowhere else in the city. Which is why even now, despite their massive success and their incredible football team, they cannot regularly sell out their stadium. 

Their 'welcome to Manchester' campaign was as ridiculous as Hibs claiming 'this is our city'. Utd fans from Manchester probably outnumber City fans from Manchester by four or five to one. If not more. 

Correct. Incredible support even after being relegated. That was nearly 50 years ago…jeez…but took huge numbers everywhere.

1 hour ago, King of the North said:

4 years ago, Utd published a survey of their ST holders by postcode. 67% had M as their postcode. 15% had other Lancashire postcodes. In other words it’s an urban myth and they’ve proved it

the general
2 hours ago, King of the North said:

Aye right  :)

4 hours ago, King of the North said:

Pish both sets of fans have a big support in Manchester.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

4 years ago, Utd published a survey of their ST holders by postcode. 67% had M as their postcode. 15% had other Lancashire postcodes. In other words it’s an urban myth and they’ve proved it

Is that not what the guy you replied to, said.

17 minutes ago, benny said:

Pish both sets of fans have a big support in Manchester.

True. It's a big city with a big catchment area.

5 hours ago, King of the North said:

There are certainly Manc United fans, no doubt.

A couple of maps - courtesy of the Manchester Evening News - showing the main pockets of support…

0B191FC0-EBED-4860-B08D-72A2D08B836D.jpeg

025E5916-ADBB-4B17-9C3D-9C377D38F40C.jpeg

Makes me laugh when folk who have an EPL team that they chose for no historical or current geographical personal reason slag other glory hunters for being Manchester United fans 😄 

6 hours ago, King of the North said:

What absolute nonsense 😂 Have you lived in Manchester? Theres Utd and City fans all over the city and surrounding areas.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Makes me laugh when folk who have an EPL team that they chose for no historical or current geographical personal reason slag other glory hunters for being Manchester United fans 😄 

Odd how EPL fans from outside England never seem to support clubs like Burnley or Brighton. 
In terms of the Man Utd cockney red stuff you always hear I know more Liverpool “fans” from all over the British Isles than Man Utd fans. Yet Liverpool fans are the loudest at going on about Utd fans not being from Manchester. 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Odd how EPL fans from outside England never seem to support clubs like Burnley or Brighton. 
In terms of the Man Utd cockney red stuff you always hear I know more Liverpool “fans” from all over the British Isles than Man Utd fans. Yet Liverpool fans are the loudest at going on about Utd fans not being from Manchester. 

Totally 😄 

On 12/06/2022 at 15:40, Tazio said:

Think i've met more plastic scousers than plastic mancs tbh

TorinoJambo
On 12/06/2022 at 09:17, King of the North said:

That's my understanding from a mate who worked in Manchester but was a Bolton fan (therefore no love for United). He even said that, much to his annoyance, there were loads of United fans in Bolton, which is loosely Greater Manchester.