Mark E Smith (AH C)

Costanza

In the excellent nothingelseon twitter account (basically screengrabs of old NME and Melody Maker) the latest issue has Mark E Smith saying he was a Hearts fan which I'd heard mentioned but never seen actually confirmed before.

Was anyone aware of him actually going to games?

This is a song about him staying in Edinburgh, one of my favourite Fa songs.

Салатные палочки

Was it not something to do with Arthur Mann being his favourite City player? 

Thurlaston
37 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I have posted this before. I am a big Fall fan and I read this somewhere many years ago and it made my day. I think it came up when Mark was living not far from Easter Road and was asked in an interview if he had been going to see Hibs and he said he had not and that if anything his Scottish football allegiance was to Hearts due to the Arthur Mann connection. He then said FTH (I might have made this bit up).

Салатные палочки
30 minutes ago, Thurlaston said:

I have posted this before. I am a big Fall fan and I read this somewhere many years ago and it made my day. I think it came up when Mark was living not far from Easter Road and was asked in an interview if he had been going to see Hibs and he said he had not and that if anything his Scottish football allegiance was to Hearts due to the Arthur Mann connection. He then said FTH (I might have made this bit up).

"**** the Hibs-uh"

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

34 minutes ago, Thurlaston said:

Ah wasn't aware of that,  thought it may have been because of his time up here but anyway, good lad was MES with impeccable taste.

Another Robbo

One of his friends was a big Jambo (and may be a poster on here) so there is that link.

That said because of that and MES being such a contrary guy fully expected him to be a Hibby.

The guy is the world's biggest contrarian. I'd always presumed his support for Hearts was driven by nothing more than the desire to wind people up.

Remnants of Standards

Never saw him at a game as i'd have recognised him being a fan of sorts. Did see him up town at a couple of indie clubs where i think he was chasing a late drink or seventeen.

I saw a pic of Mark in the 1987/88 shirt not long ago but couldn't find it.

1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Totally wired reading that 

It's barmy, in my opinion

Theme From Sparta F.C.
21 hours ago, the general said:

Hearts City and The Fall

What a guy

Aye you can't get much better than Hearts, Citeh, and The Fall.