• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Absolute Scenes

• Locky

• dannymack

fabienleclerq

If he wasn't a celtic fan/player would he have chosen Ireland? 

He got abuse because a promising young player chose to play for Ireland over his own country. There is no doubt playing for celtic and choosing Ireland is the reason he was abused. 

He also said no one in glasgow supports Scotland, he's a dick. 

ScottieMac17

Saying that no one in Glasgow supports Scotland.... Just England and Ireland is probably very accurate and is extremely embarrassing.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Saying that no one in Glasgow supports Scotland.... Just England and Ireland is probably very accurate and is extremely embarrassing.

The thing is that is bull shite. 

It may be true for Celtic and rangers rabids who build thier life around Bigotory and sectarianism, but for the majority of Glasgow and many OF fans that isn't true. 

Only a OF gimp could compare  an entire city with the extremes of the support of two clubs fuelled  and marketed on hatred. 

His one included. 

58 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

It isn't remotely accurate.

PortyBeach
On 22/05/2022 at 23:30, Bob Loblaw said:

Not every fan that gave him abuse would have been for sectarian reasons, even the majority I'd assume. But there were definitely plenty who did, so why's he wrong to say it? Is he meant to just take bigoted abuse because we don't like him or the club/country he played for?

If he ignores it and pretends it never happened does that not just help sectarianism continue if it goes unchecked?

I hated him as a player, and as a big Scotland fan I gave him it tight as I can't see why you'd not want to play for your country. However, he quite clearly got it tight from a section of fans throughout Scotland for the wrong reasons.

I think that’s a balanced appraisal of what happened.

I was disappointed at his decision but I’d agree there were those who used that decision as an opportunity to express their anti-Irish/Catholic “views”.

Fozzyonthefence
19 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

It’s not accurate at all, it’s complete bullshit and shows how thick he is. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Riccarton3

Did people really boo him everywhere for the Ireland/Scotland choice or was he just someone with a face and scuttling style that reminded people of a cockroach. I also  think he must have started games with a poor mindset about fans and its never gone away.

Hearts1975
22 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

He is probably just trying to validate his own decision. 

I'm calling bullshit on Mcgeady. 

Absolutely no doubt in my mind why he made th decision he made. 

Regardless of what shite and excuses he makes. 

22 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

More Rangers fans supported the Scottish National team than Celtic in my time following them however that changed recently due to behaviour issues with the club and the SFA. 

There's no doubt theres a lot of Rangers fans wear England attire but since the late 80s early 90s I've never seen any Scottish stuff apart from the Saltire at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

More Rangers fans supported the Scottish National team than Celtic in my time following them however that changed recently due to behaviour issues with the club and the SFA. 

There's no doubt theres a lot of Rangers fans wear England attire but since the late 80s early 90s I've never seen any Scottish stuff apart from the Saltire at Ibrox. 

Saw a few lion rampant flags at their euro games, on the TV.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Saw a few lion rampant flags at their euro games, on the TV.

I've always wondered why they don't fly that flag more often than the Saltire given they share the Rampant Lion on the clubs crest with the Royal Standard. 

image.thumb.png.bddbbd911935cf06ea3b8b70268e25f0.png

image.thumb.png.731c94425d97d655104108364a90260f.png

image.thumb.png.855ea7b83b0de2f70eeda279922c6fb6.png

32 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I've always wondered why they don't fly that flag more often than the Saltire given they share the Rampant Lion on the clubs crest with the Royal Standard. 

image.thumb.png.bddbbd911935cf06ea3b8b70268e25f0.png

image.thumb.png.731c94425d97d655104108364a90260f.png

image.thumb.png.855ea7b83b0de2f70eeda279922c6fb6.png

Quite, given their monarchial tendencies.

For unionists, you would think they would revel in all aspects of the four nations.

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

Quite, given their monarchial tendencies.

For unionists, you would think they would revel in all aspects of the four nations.

They're very selective and for some uneducated about certain aspects of the Crown and Union. 

Anyway that's a different story, don't want the thread running off in a different direction 👍👍👍👍

Just now, dannymack said:

They're very selective and for some uneducated about certain aspects of the Crown and Union. 

Anyway that's a different story, don't want the thread running off in a different direction 👍👍👍👍

Indeed.

👍

The wee team need to get players in asap.

For the season ticket sales.

Hopefully they rush in again and sign shoite.

On 24/05/2022 at 11:14, indianajones said:

He's the definition of a rat. 

A 36 year old rat.

Imagine it on here if we signed him at that age?

indianajones
1 hour ago, Australis said:

A 36 year old rat.

Imagine it on here if we signed him at that age?

He is signing for Hibs?!

HeartsandonlyHearts

He’ll be the scumiest scumbag in Scottish football if he signs for #!bs.

Now that Broonaldo has quit.

Broonaldo? Yeah right.

I do find it quite hypocritical when a Rangers or Celtic player complains about getting sectarian abuse. Their own fans direct the same abuse at other teams yet the players don't complain about their own fans. News Flash for any player wishing to sign for either of those clubs, "your fans will spout secterian abuse at opposition players and you will receive it back from either of these clubs fans" So if you sign for them and you promote their brand then you become part of the problem, while being financially rewarded. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, 5-1Jambo said:

I do find it quite hypocritical when a Rangers or Celtic player complains about getting sectarian abuse. Their own fans direct the same abuse at other teams yet the players don't complain about their own fans. News Flash for any player wishing to sign for either of those clubs, "your fans will spout secterian abuse at opposition players and you will receive it back from either of these clubs fans" So if you sign for them and you promote their brand then you become part of the problem, while being financially rewarded. 

They go South and start telling everyone about the "special" atmosphere at an old firm game.

loveofthegame

Hasn't played at a decent level for about 5 years, managed 14 out of 46 league games in England's League One this season. Yesterday's man, once an unbelievable talent but age and injuries have caught up with him - hope Hibs break the bank for him.

Absolute Scenes

had a look on Hibs net - which of the absolute ******s on here were creaming over McGeady in the Sunderland Friendly??? They've taken direct quotes from the friendly thread. There were a lot of complete over-reactions that day, but some of the comments about McGeady are comical to read. He is 36 and is a wee diving fud. They are absolutely welcome to him

Absolute Scenes

judging BBC Sport it looks like Lee is only planning on adding 6 players. If i was a Hibs fan i would be quaking about this season. Two pensioners and a punt on an untested youth player. That means only three signings to go oh dear. 

fabienleclerq

Mcgeady was streets ahead in that friendly with Sunderland, no point lying about it. 

We are also streets ahead of where we were that day. 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Mcgeady was streets ahead in that friendly with Sunderland, no point lying about it. 

We are also streets ahead of where we were that day. 

he was not streets ahead in any shape or form dont lie.  He dived for a penalty (as per) and we had a team made up of youngsters, guys who arent playing for us anymore and we were missing half of our transfer targets. Really not a game you can highlight an opponents ability considering Hibs managed to beat Arsenal in a friendly. Highly doubt Arteta was on the phone to enquire about Boyle

Jambos_1874

Not seen all of Sunderland Til I Die, so didn't see him causing bother in the dressing room. What did he do?

fabienleclerq
18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

he was not streets ahead in any shape or form dont lie.  He dived for a penalty (as per) and we had a team made up of youngsters, guys who arent playing for us anymore and we were missing half of our transfer targets. Really not a game you can highlight an opponents ability considering Hibs managed to beat Arsenal in a friendly. Highly doubt Arteta was on the phone to enquire about Boyle

How can I lie about my opinion of the game and and his performance 😂

If you read the bit in bold it kind of backs up my point. 

He was well ahead on that day. 

14 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Not seen all of Sunderland Til I Die, so didn't see him causing bother in the dressing room. What did he do?

I did not watch it but he has a history of fall outs  .............................

Aiden McGeady Sunderland feud continues – SportsByte

Ex-Sunderland forward reveals truth behind Aiden McGeady and Chris Maguire 'McDonald's-gate' incident | Sunderland Echo

Aiden McGeady banished from Sunderland training ground by Phil Parkinson | Daily Mail Online

He also had a fall out with Lennon and Strachan at Celtic but that pair are not exactly known for their easy going personalities eaither

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

How can I lie about my opinion of the game and and his performance 😂

If you read the bit in bold it kind of backs up my point. 

He was well ahead on that day. 

Fair enough mate, I was a hit quick to jump there my apologies. I get far too triggered when it comes to any player linked with Hibs 😂

kingantti1874

Still thinks he was picked on becuase he’s a catholic? No Aidan.  You were born here, raised here, your education funded here, your football talent nourished here.

He was given dogs abuse becuase he was good. And at the time he’d have strolled into the Scotland team. the other players he beings up were not good enough.   Until McGeady arrived  the only player who was good enough to play for Scotland but didn’t was Ray Houghton. And Scotland rejected Ray so there was no issue there..

Mcgeady and McCarthy deserved the stick. If he comes back to play for hibs that will be delightful.  

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still thinks he was picked on becuase he’s a catholic? No Aidan.  You were born here, raised here, your education funded here, your football talent nourished here.

He was given dogs abuse becuase he was good. And at the time he’d have strolled into the Scotland team. the other players he beings up were not good enough.   Until McGeady arrived  the only player who was good enough to play for Scotland but didn’t was Ray Houghton. And Scotland rejected Ray so there was no issue there..

Mcgeady and McCarthy deserved the stick. If he comes back to play for hibs that will be delightful.  

Exactly, he was good, we were shite and not producing players. Why would we not be ragin at a rare promising youngster ****ing us off?

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, he was good, we were shite and not producing players. Why would we not be ragin at a rare promising youngster ****ing us off?

they can’t see it, too buried in their Glasgow west coast nonsense. Straight to the chip on his shoulder

Lone Striker
12 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

spoton.png.4f7b8d2f8b304176dee930ac6950e459.png

jamboinglasgow
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are saying Marshall and McGeady are Maloney signings. 

Yeah, but of a funny one that. Makes sense for Maloney, two guys he knows well have played with Celtic. Presumeably the aim was guys on his side in the changing room who can provide the experience and get his plans across. But bring them in with a new manager, McGeady played under him at Sunderland (and considering Johnson's time there cant imagine McGeady will have amazing words about Johnson.)

On 25/05/2022 at 13:41, Absolute Scenes said:

was always gong to end up at Hibs. Another Celtic journeyman

Just remembered that wee fat shite Commons was at Hibs briefly. :lol: He was garbage for them too.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Just remembered that wee fat shite Commons was at Hibs briefly. :lol: He was garbage for them too.

So he was, forgot all about that