Rangers Budget

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

Just been speaking to a Rangers Supporter (family relation) 😞 who said that they haven’t spent mega bucks and that their recruitment is good, the two goal scorers today cost next to nothing from Aberdeen. Am I missing something are they not in debt? paying out on big salaries. 

Edited by JennytheJambo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Winstons Da

• Bazzas right boot

• Nookie Bear

Shoosh now.  You’re not allowed to talk about financial disparity between the OF and the rest of Scottish football (the ‘ballast’).  You’re only allowed to discuss financial disparity  if either of them are getting beat abroad.  Then it’s A Thing.

south morocco
9 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Shoosh now.  You’re not allowed to talk about financial disparity between the OF and the rest of Scottish football (the ‘ballast’).  You’re only allowed to discuss financial disparity  if either of them are getting beat abroad.  Then it’s A Thing.

😂😂😂 definitely 

Unfortunately they made a shit load in Europe which likely saved them from another shitstorm. Their budget is massive. Todays game is the financial equivalent of us playing Raith Rovers. Simple as that

The idea that Rangers don't spend money is a joke.

They can potentially bring in some players for free but their advantage is when they are able to pay out big wages.

This video explains all that is wrong with the finances of the finances in league. 

Naisys Tackle
34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Biggest gap that I can remember. 

3 minutes ago, His name is said:

Probably 10 x what we pay in wages

3 minutes ago, His name is said:

Probably 10 x what we pay in wages

About 4x and nowhere near as much as it was from the 90s to 2010. 

heartsfc_fan
38 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Biggest gap that I can remember. 

I'd say 20 years ago it was bigger when the Old Firm were 40+ points ahead.

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

About 4x and nowhere near as much as it was from the 90s to 2010. 

You sure? What do Hearts pay on average? Maybe about 3K a week? I'm fairly confident Morelos for one is paid comfortably more than 4x that.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, JFK-1 said:

You sure? What do Hearts pay on average? Maybe about 3K a week? I'm fairly confident Morelos for one is paid comfortably more than 4x that.

Rangers are about £650,000.  We are £140,000. So just over 4x.  

Back in the 90s or under Advocaat when we almost had to sell Tynie to keep afloat it would have been a lot more. 

It's irrelevant for me in Cup football at times anyway.  We will have well more than 10x the budget of Alloa or Broara that we lost to last season.   

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, JennytheJambo said:

Just been speaking to a Rangers Supporter (family relation) 😞 who said that they haven’t spent mega bucks and that their recruitment is good, the two goal scorers today cost next to nothing from Aberdeen. Am I missing something are they not in debt? paying out on big salaries. 

There recruitment has been good they paid money for a few player's like Goldson etc Kent was paid in instalments. 

Overall there squad cost about £13mil to put together, Kent being the big transfer in that. 

But as I said they paid the Kent transfer in instalments. 

and I'm sure they are still due to make a final payment to Liverpool. 

The Gerrard factor brought respect and admiration back to there club, for years there player's took the piss when he came in that changed. 

The transition from Gerrard to Gio was easy as both play a formation of 433 with it sometimes changing to a 4231.

Rangers have also changed to a back three, when coming up against better teams in Europe. 

The point im making Gerrard and Gio command respect due to there stature in football. 

Gerrard you know he's a god at Liverpool. 

And Gio won titles at Rangers and Barcelona. 

Hope you are well 👍

See you're second team got promoted today. 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

They spent 6.5m just on Kent.

Haven't spent mega bucks my arse!

Kent £6.5M

Roofe £4.5M

Hagi £3.15M

Itten £2.7M

Bacuna £2M

Helander £3M

Goldson £3M

Barisic £2.2M

Katic £2M

And god only knows what they spent on loaning Ramsay.

JennytheJambo
4 hours ago, south morocco said:

😂😂😂 definitely 

Well said, my thoughts exactly but as soon as any budget is mentioned, it hits a raw nerve just like the words “you let your club die”

ToadKiller Dog
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL.jpeg

Thats a bit misleading as the wage bill between both clubs is not massively different . And they are certainly closer to frankfurt than we are closer to them in terms of wages on offer .

They could afford to take a punt on paying a ridiculous amount on Ramsey we could never to that ,just a shame his signing didn't work out for them on that night .

Credit to the orcs in the sense they must have a very good recruitment set up .

Ron Burgundy
5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Rangers are about £650,000.  We are £140,000. So just over 4x.  

Back in the 90s or under Advocaat when we almost had to sell Tynie to keep afloat it would have been a lot more. 

It's irrelevant for me in Cup football at times anyway.  We will have well more than 10x the budget of Alloa or Broara that we lost to last season.   

Your last sentence is spot on. 
Using budgets to justify spineless cup final performances is very Hibs. 

Might as well just let the old firm contest every final from now on. 

kingantti1874

To be fair theyve done well in the free transfer market. Sadly their wage bill is 4/5 times the size of ours.  

we just need to increase the money we spend on players and wages and spend it well and get a bit closer.

Jack and Wright are 2 great examples.. and they’ve done it to us with Souttar.  

btw quite a few of those foaming the most were telling us Scott Wright wouldn’t be good enough for hearts back in jan when a swap for Souttar was suggested. 🤣 

RedStarRiot
7 hours ago, Mysterion said:

The idea that Rangers don't spend money is a joke.

They can potentially bring in some players for free but their advantage is when they are able to pay out big wages.

This video explains all that is wrong with the finances of the finances in league. 

I think more folk on this thread need to watch this video rather than spouting just pish

Fitzroy Pointon
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL.jpeg

I still can't get my head round 55K for Kamara. 

BackOfTheNet

Of course there’s financial disparity, but I refuse to believe that this means we are to lose every game we play against them. And it seems for some fans this is just an accepted reality. Listen, we got beat by the better team on the day, I have no qualms about that. But what I do have qualms about is tactics. While they recognised McKay and Simms are our biggest threats and tactically nullified both, we didn’t nullify Bassey or Kent. (I think Halliday on the right was an attempt to nullify Bassey, but it was a stupid move that done nothing for us offensively) We had an opportunity to face a team that 2 and half days earlier played 120 minutes and penalties in sweltering heat, and had to travel back in that time. We should have pressed them from the off and not allowed them time to settle, and to make their bodies work even more. We didn’t, we let them set the pace and stood off them.

I suppose you could say that financial disparity does pay for better coaching teams and therefore better tactical coaching and implementation. But with those two sides that lined up yesterday - after what happened Wednesday - that was an opportunity well and truly missed.

Bazzas right boot

****ing strange op. 

They've just snapped up Souttar on free. 

Is the op aware of the bosman or just new to football. 

Is there a point to the op or just teeth gnashing? 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

To be fair theyve done well in the free transfer market. Sadly their wage bill is 4/5 times the size of ours.  

we just need to increase the money we spend on players and wages and spend it well and get a bit closer.

Jack and Wright are 2 great examples.. and they’ve done it to us with Souttar.  

btw quite a few of those foaming the most were telling us Scott Wright wouldn’t be good enough for hearts back in jan when a swap for Souttar was suggested. 🤣 

Same with Jack. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't think half the folk on here watch football. 

The op clearly has just found out what the bosman ruling is. 

AC Mallin_51
8 hours ago, FWJ said:

I remember when PSG murdered Celtic, all you heard about is how poor Celtic didn’t stand a chance, you just can’t be expected to compete with that sort of financial gulf. But when they put 7 in against St Johnstone they’re absolute world beaters 

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I remember when PSG murdered Celtic, all you heard about is how poor Celtic didn’t stand a chance, you just can’t be expected to compete with that sort of financial gulf. But when they put 7 in against St Johnstone they’re absolute world beaters 

Aye, and try to explain that to any of them and they don't understand. Most of them think their players play for them for the love of the jersey and not the massive wages they pay. 

JennytheJambo
2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Exactly 

Shooter McGavin

They might sign a few players on the cheap or free transfers, but it’s the wages they pay.

That’s the killer.

Them and Celtics wage bill absolutely dwarfs everybody else's in the league.

indianajones
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL.jpeg

Perhaps a bargain in UEL context. 

In Scotland 13.56 million is mental money. Plus whatever was on the bench. Then add the wages on top. 

No one other than Celtic can come close. 

Shooter McGavin

There was an EEN report done a few years ago that broke it down based on average annual salary for each club in the premiership:

- Hearts: £137k

- Rangers: £649k

- Celtic: £895k

So based on those figures, for every £1 we spend on wages, Rangers spend roughly £4.7, and Celtic spend roughly £6.5

And although those figures may be slightly different now than back in 2020, it just paints a picture on what the gap in finances between us and the Old Firm is really like.

11 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

The big difference is the wages the OF shell out attracting players way out of our bracket!

It has always been the same and as long us busloads head out of Edinburgh every other week to Ibrox and Parkhead it will never change!

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL.jpeg

and what wages are they shelling out?

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There was an EEN report done a few years ago that broke it down based on average annual salary for each club in the premiership:

- Hearts: £137k

- Rangers: £649k

- Celtic: £895k

So based on those figures, for every £1 we spend on wages, Rangers spend roughly £4.7, and Celtic spend roughly £6.5

And although those figures may be slightly different now than back in 2020, it just paints a picture on what the gap in finances between us and the Old Firm is really like.

On top of that both Celtic and Rangers have larger squads, so the average per player is not the only difference. They are also paying that average to more players.

Saint Jambo
9 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Kent £6.5M

Roofe £4.5M

Hagi £3.15M

Itten £2.7M

Bacuna £2M

Helander £3M

Goldson £3M

Barisic £2.2M

Katic £2M

And god only knows what they spent on loaning Ramsay.

This shows that the 'Bargain XI' graphic is a bit misleading. The squad got them to the final, not the starting XI. Also shows that not every big money signing ends up in your starting XI, so to get the hits you also have to be able to afford the misses.

Assuming it is correct, it also shows the £13m for the squad is also way out.

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Of course there’s financial disparity, but I refuse to believe that this means we are to lose every game we play against them. And it seems for some fans this is just an accepted reality. 

We don't lose every game to them. We lost the majority of our games to them. That really isn't surprising.

LarrysRightFoot

Was there not something somewhere through the week that said Aberdeen had the 3rd biggest budget this season and it was around x8 less than Rangers. 

Also I’m sure there was a comment which alluded to Celtic’s wage ratio to income not being sustainable. 

12 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

Obviously another one living in complete denial of the financial realities inside that club. 

PortyBeach
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL.jpeg

As the video above points out, it’s not about the level of the transfer fee (not that the transfer fee is insignificant), but the ability to pay your mercenaries a bigger wage than they’d get elsewhere.

We need another Romanov - this time, preferably sane.

buzzbomb1958
12 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

Since their rebirth it is estimated that the plastic club have spent over 100 million in transfers wages and loan deals  , this season they’ve spent over 30 million in wages loan deals and transfers that’s before they pay back the soft loans and the money to Ashley which in itself is estimated at 10 -15 million so even their money they made in Europe will be swallowed up it’s eye watering money they go through if FPP was in place in Scotland they’re be ****ed.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Since their rebirth it is estimated that the plastic club have spent over 100 million in transfers wages and loan deals  , this season they’ve spent over 30 million in wages loan deals and transfers that’s before they pay back the soft loans and the money to Ashley which in itself is estimated at 10 -15 million so even their money they made in Europe will be swallowed up it’s eye watering money they go through if FPP was in place in Scotland they’re be ****ed.

FFP applies to European competitions does it not? If so they’ve obviously passed whatever the requirements are. 

I think FFP is being scrapped abs replaced with something else anyway. 

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

We don't lose every game to them. We lost the majority of our games to them. That really isn't surprising.

It’s not, and likewise I’m not expecting us to beat them every time either. But there’s a mentality that we just accept defeat to them since it was inevitable anyway. That sort of attitude means we should forfeit the points in the league every season to them. Just start on -18, and it we make the top six take another 6 points off our total. We can save money on not having to travel through and we can reduce chances of injury. Oh, and we can just give them a bye if we draw them in the cup.

I’m being entirely facetious of course, but that seems to be where some are coming from. I can accept losing most if not all games to them if it’s purely down to the ability and performance of the OF team on the day. What I can’t find acceptable is barely turning up and not exploiting obvious weaknesses. I want them to earn their wins, but some performances this season showed we may as well have not turned up. Not so much yesterday, but yesterday was a huge chance and we blew it.

Look at the budget of the 4 clubs in the Europa League Quarter finals, Rangers budget was miniscule in comparison to the others, then ask yourself why cant that gap be bridged in Scotland between the arse cheeks and the rest.

Look at Bodo Glimt as an example of what you can do with the right structure and coaching within a club.

Ostersunds another example.

buzzbomb1958
10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

FFP applies to European competitions does it not? If so they’ve obviously passed whatever the requirements are. 

I think FFP is being scrapped abs replaced with something else anyway. 

Don’t think it applies in Scotland I may be wrong but I thought FPP was that the club could not spend more than 70% of their income , going by all the soft loans etc Can’t see the plastic club passing that

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

Don’t think it applies in Scotland I may be wrong but I thought FPP was that the club could not spend more than 70% of their income , going by all the soft loans etc Can’t see the plastic clubs passing that

They need to meet the rules to be able to play in Europe is my understanding 

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They need to meet the rules to be able to play in Europe is my understanding 

There must be a lot of jiggery pokery going on if that’s true

johnking123
11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Morelos is on 35k a week!

AC Mallin_51
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

FSEH4j1WYAMi4EL.jpeg

The free agent label is so misleading. What wages are they on? Any club can approach any player out of contract, doesn’t mean they’re going to sign though does it? What’s the biggest thing to sway a player to sign nowadays? Money