Czaba to take up where Burley left off?

The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer

No doubt about it, he's the first proper manager we've had since Burley left (which should be cause for optimism in itself) but can he take us back to those heady days of George Burley's reign? Having tasted success in both club football with Ferencvaros and internationally with Uganda his coaching credentials seem very sound and given he's only 44 there's plenty of potential. A disciplinarian who won't take any ***** - qualities that should help him instil the spirit and togetherness in the squad that has been sorely missing since Burley left. Being fluent in several languages will be a huge advantage in the dugout, not to mention the office. It remains to be seen whether he can even come close to replicating what Burley achieved but I think the potential is there, we'll just have to wait and see.

The biggest question is how will he cope with Romanov? And it's here that he would seem to have the clear advantage over Burley. Firstly I think Vlad himself has changed since Burley left, his willingness to appoint McGhee being a clear indicator on that front. But even disregarding that factor there are others in Czaba'a favour. Being from Eastern Europe is the obvious one and it should breed far greater understanding between the two than Burley ever had (or didn't have as the case may be). Furthermore his work in Uganda should prepare him for any of the politics he has to put up with at Tynecastle.

So the club fly off to Ireland on Monday with a new manager in place and then there'll be the rush to get new players signed before the season kicks off - sound vaguely familiar?

I don't think the OF are much stronger than they were that infamous season and if anything the rest of the league has improved in the meantime. Maybe, just maybe, Shabba can finish what Burley began. I know my fivers down already!

Archived