Cup Final Display

This is My Story Podcast

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

What wrong with Herts?  It’s local dialect.  Had this debate before. 

As in “He’s a guid Herts man!”

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• luckyBatistuta

• This is My Story Podcast

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Which is why we don't sing that. The club uses Hearts FC all over its website and commercially. Why not take it up with them?

The club often use the term "jambos" on it's website, it even calls our younger supporters Junior Jambos,  I assume you have taken this up with them.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, graygo said:

The club often use the term "jambos" on it's website, it even calls our younger supporters Junior Jambos,  I assume you have taken this up with them.

Why would I? I used "Jambos" myself earlier in the thread. I prefer Jam Tarts just  because I am old and a traditionalist.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Why would I? I used "Jambos" myself earlier in the thread. I prefer Jam Tarts just  because I am old and a traditionalist.

You did use it, the post I replied to was before you used it so I missed it or I wouldn't have commented. You were pretty scathing about it's use earlier though.

Anyway, we've both got bigger things to concern ourselves with today 👍🇵🇪

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, graygo said:

You did use it, the post I replied to was before you used it so I missed it or I wouldn't have commented. You were pretty scathing about it's use earlier though.

Anyway, we've both got bigger things to concern ourselves with today 👍🇵🇪

Sorry I have a tendency to exaggerate for effect. Of course Jambo is not an abomination. Just not my favourite. 

But c'mon the Jambos!!!

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry I have a tendency to exaggerate for effect. Of course Jambo is not an abomination. Just not my favourite. 

But c'mon the Jambos!!!

👍

Anyone got any photos of it? 

Only just managed to get the TV on now! 

9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

We won the display contest and the singing but was downhill after that

According to Hibs fans thats basically a win :D 

I thought our fans were magnificent and belting out the Hearts song 2-0 down was impressive. Disappointing result, but the season delivered in terms of expectation. 

Its not easy supporting a side outside the OF. Signing up for a lot of disappointment, but its a labour of love and we should be pleased with our first season back in the top flight. Now we have some money to play with and can really start to look forward. 

The White Cockade
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I thought our fans were magnificent and belting out the Hearts song 2-0 down was impressive. Disappointing result, but the season delivered in terms of expectation. 

Its not easy supporting a side outside the OF. Signing up for a lot of disappointment, but its a labour of love and we should be pleased with our first season back in the top flight. Now we have some money to play with and can really start to look forward. 

Hope so mate really hope so 

Has anybody ever lost 3 finals in 4 seasons?

Even for a realist/pessimist like me it’s hard to take 

I was mostly expecting it but my 22 year old lad is still slamming doors and kicking cats! 😂

The Hogfather
18 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Clubs official website address is heartsfc.co.uk

Cool, we’ll just drop the ‘M’ from our badge and just go by ‘HFC’ then. 

26 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I was mostly expecting it but my 22 year old lad is still slamming doors and kicking cats! 😂

Its horrible, but I think circumstances have stood in the way again. Like, if this was next season, we'd have a few million to spend, so we're less paper thin up front. 

I'm gutted but also really proud of Robbie and the boys. To be upset about losing a final, you need to be in the final. So we've came close but lacked that bit of quality in the final 3rd. 

With how qualifying for Europe works, we need to be finishing 3rd and making sure we're getting to the semi final stage at a minimum so we don't have any freak results like St Johnstone somehow beating the OF or something, so I think we'll be at Hampden again next season and its just about making sure we have a squad that can push the OF all the way. 

Did it get much of a mention on TV?

Thanks to Thomaso for posting that, first time I've managed to see how it looked

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

6D49FE8E-8A46-410B-AC6B-286E558B0254.jpeg

Thanks, I was in section I and couldn't see the display properly. Looks great as well, shame about the result. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

6D49FE8E-8A46-410B-AC6B-286E558B0254.jpeg

What is the gold? Was in G4 and couldn't see it.

Got it now

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What is the gold? Was in G4 and couldn't see it.

❤️ 26

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Agree. We're in a great place as a club and the Team and Robbie have delivered a great season. But... I'm 42 and for most of the last 25 years I've seen us play like that versus the Old Firm. It virtually always ends the same way so it's frustrating and disappointing. Onwards and upwards Jambos. 

Edited by Snorri1

Gav Aitchison
3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Dundee Utd lost the finals in 85, 87 and 88. Can’t think of another example until now. 

23 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More work needed

That’s incredible, imagine the work thats gone into that

I get that these aren’t everyones cup of tea, each to their own etc but IMO they’ve been cracking & really got the atmosphere going pre match, it’d be awesome to see another one for the Europa League qualifier at Tynie. The guys from the podcast & the club have done a tremendous job with both displays this season especially considering it’s a new thing for us. I’m sure there’s plenty jambos who would be happy to chip in to keep these going for the big televised games next year

Percival King

I thought the displays at the semi and final were fabulous and do add to the event. As much as I dislike Hampden, the atmosphere in the 10 minutes leading up to kick off was superb (down to the fans, not the venue). When you go to a final, you want to feel you're at something different, something special and that's what it felt like and both the display on Saturday (ours and there's) contributed to that. But we don't need folk chucking flares about as was highlighted on another thread.