Jump to content

Sportemon Go


Walter Bishop
 Share

Recommended Posts

jamboinglasgow

To show how quick clubs are to jump in with cryptocurrency companies, I see Atletico Madrid have announced a 5 year sponsorship from the Cryptocurrency trading platform Whalefin for 42m Euros a year. That is three times more than their current sponsor. Having a quick look online at Whale fin, its a company who have been rebranded from a different company. That original company was created in 2019. So one of the biggest clubs in the world has signed a deal with a company who are been around for a fewer years than the length of the sponsorship is due to be.

 

I doubt that sponsorship deal will ever reach the end of the 5 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To show how quick clubs are to jump in with cryptocurrency companies, I see Atletico Madrid have announced a 5 year sponsorship from the Cryptocurrency trading platform Whalefin for 42m Euros a year. That is three times more than their current sponsor. Having a quick look online at Whale fin, its a company who have been rebranded from a different company. That original company was created in 2019. So one of the biggest clubs in the world has signed a deal with a company who are been around for a fewer years than the length of the sponsorship is due to be.

 

I doubt that sponsorship deal will ever reach the end of the 5 years.

Thry won’t care as long as they get some of the money up front. 
 

it all makes Wonga appear a giant of moral and financial probity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To show how quick clubs are to jump in with cryptocurrency companies, I see Atletico Madrid have announced a 5 year sponsorship from the Cryptocurrency trading platform Whalefin for 42m Euros a year. That is three times more than their current sponsor. Having a quick look online at Whale fin, its a company who have been rebranded from a different company. That original company was created in 2019. So one of the biggest clubs in the world has signed a deal with a company who are been around for a fewer years than the length of the sponsorship is due to be.

 

I doubt that sponsorship deal will ever reach the end of the 5 years.

€42m a year

:cornette:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pans Jambo

Can hibs get anymore embarrassing? Can they? 

 

I think theres still some ways to go yet :jj:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Old Tolbooth

The Hibs demise just gets better and better :rofl: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Sidebottom

Just who on earth is buying NFTs associated with Scottish football? Absolute madness.  Seems clubs and the authorities will stop at nothing to exploit those who can least afford to lose it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thry won’t care as long as they get some of the money up front. 
 

it all makes Wonga appear a giant of moral and financial probity. 

 

Problem comes when they budget for 42m euros per year and it's suddenly removed after 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo92

Hibs commercial strategy is simply to take any money no matter long term implications or welfare of their supporters.

 

All very American..

 

Sadly fans are blinded by their love for their clubs so won't bat an eyelid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

doctor jambo

About time governments cracked down on this crypto/ nft guff

all of it

its a total scam 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Dastardly

So are these just online panini  sticker album kinda things? I don't really understand

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
42 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So are these just online panini  sticker album kinda things? I don't really understand

 

Kind of, you don't actually own anything when you buy an NFT. It just gets written down in the official record that you own the non thing in question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

boag1874
16 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Who could possibly have seen this coming?

 

 

Great find. Quite amazing to get to 27 having never been wrong once :jj:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jonesy
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

Kind of, you don't actually own anything when you buy an NFT. It just gets written down in the official record that you own the non thing in question.

Was Kurskis an NFT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hughesie27
10 hours ago, Sid said:

“Not a scam”. 
what % swe’re they offered in the £? 
Where is all the money? 
where is the website? 
where are those behind it? 
how long until they phoenix into their next poko-crypto-nft-gtf-honest deal-guaranteed return-non-scam? 
and all the money innocently disappears into the ether…..again 

They were offered an exact same £ value exchange as what they held in the platofrms own coin. They also still have the NFTs that they bought which they can trade elsewhere if they like.

 

Other than the fluctuation of trading (which is what anyone who bought into it were signing up to) nobody has lost money.

The website is back up.

I dont know who "the people" are but where they are is irrelevant.

No money has disappeared.

Anyone can set up one kf these companies if they have the money to do so. So a phoenix project is probably already in the works.

 

Anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

Kind of, you don't actually own anything when you buy an NFT. It just gets written down in the official record that you own the non thing in question.

I'll just give up there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jonesy said:

What was it? One giro = 1 token?

That's for Rangers fans.  H1b5 fans it's a tenner bag = 1 token.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

They were offered an exact same £ value exchange as what they held in the platofrms own coin. They also still have the NFTs that they bought which they can trade elsewhere if they like.

 

Other than the fluctuation of trading (which is what anyone who bought into it were signing up to) nobody has lost money.

The website is back up.

I dont know who "the people" are but where they are is irrelevant.

No money has disappeared.

Anyone can set up one kf these companies if they have the money to do so. So a phoenix project is probably already in the works.

 

Anything else?

Nope. I’m sold completely. Can you arrange a mortgage for me so it’s not just everything I own I lose. I’d like to lose someone else’s money too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Daveandal

A scam doesn't mean it has to be illegal.

 

Was Sportemon GO a scam? Yes. It was designed to make a few people rich.

 

No better than a digital version of a pyramid scheme IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

A scam doesn't mean it has to be illegal.

 

Was Sportemon GO a scam? Yes. It was designed to make a few people rich.

 

No better than a digital version of a pyramid scheme IMO.

Where do you think seed capital for the next iteration mentioned has come from?  
Timeshare, Harlequin Seychelles, Store pods, Madoff, tarring drives. All same principle.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

A scam doesn't mean it has to be illegal.

 

Was Sportemon GO a scam? Yes. It was designed to make a few people rich.

 

No better than a digital version of a pyramid scheme IMO.

 

Exactly. It starts with 2 guys and a computer, they ask themselves, what marketing can we do that will result in people giving us money with absolutely nothing in return except that the transaction's been recorded?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...