The Unalloyed Optimism Thread

topcat

Sport is about hopes, dreams and aspirations and while inevitably they can't all be realised it would be nothing without them and the pre-season is the biggest time for, hoping, dreaming and aspiring.

Hearts are currently joint top of the league, still in both cup competitions, yet to concede a goal and confident of not losing a meaningful fixture for at least another four weeks.

We don't know a great deal about this new manager but he talks a good game and he speaks English as a fourth language more coherently then Falkirk's manager does as his first.

The finances look stabilised and we Csaba should be able to look forward to some new signings and while few could argue with the need for fresh faces we do know that many of the players still there are at least capable of fine performances if the team as a whole is functioning well. Ibi Tall is the only one missing from the team that demolished Rangers at home. Kingston won?t be away on Ghana duty, Bruno -The thinking man's Brellier- Aguiar?s going to be back, The likes of Driver and Berra have one year more maturity. Berra may even see sense and grow a beard.

Like any sporting endeavour It could all go wrong, but I for one will only worry about that if and when it happens.

This has the makings of a cracking season.

Snake Plissken

I'm going to sit in the happy train too.

We wanted a manager we waited a loooooong time for a manager and we have one.

With Romanov's scouting network, Csaba's record with youngster and his substantial knowledge of African football I think we may well have a good chance for some sacciss :)

AT LAST a kindred spirit!

Optimism, isn't it great?

As I've stated on another thread, I'm going to give this guy a chance, my full backing and judge him on results.

COME ON THE HEARTS!

Midloth_Iain

Thanks TC for those words of optimism.

This has been the longest toughest pre-season I can remember and I aint talking about Gullane sand dunes !

All the majority of us are interested in is supporting our team and I will be giving that 100% as always. Blind optimism is what Hearts fans do best.

Hopefully we (the fans) can move on and forget about criticising Shabba,Vlad, et al until at least our first defeat of the new campaign.

Unfortunately I just know that within 20 or so posts we will have the usual doom merchants and attention seekers reminding us of how it will all end in tears :cool:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I'm going to sit in the happy train too.

We wanted a manager we waited a loooooong time for a manager and we have one.

With Romanov's scouting network, Csaba's record with youngster and his substantial knowledge of African football I think we may well have a good chance for some sacciss :)

I'm not on board the train yet, but I'm at the station and thinking about buying a ticket!

(This has nothing to do with my season ticket, I've already got that.)

Not my first choice but i was just delighted to finally get a manager. Since listening to what he has to say he has lifted my spirits even more. The guy talks a good game and has got me looking forward to the new season. I have made my way to platform 4.5 and am considering boarding the happy train. :)

Sport is about hopes, dreams and aspirations and while inevitably they can't all be realised it would be nothing without them and the pre-season is the biggest time for, hoping, dreaming and aspiring.

Hearts are currently joint top of the league, still in both cup competitions, yet to concede a goal and confident of not losing a meaningful fixture for at least another four weeks.

We don't know a great deal about this new manager but he talks a good game and he speaks English as a fourth language more coherently then Falkirk's manager does as his first.

The finances look stabilised and we Csaba should be able to look forward to some new signings and while few could argue with the need for fresh faces we do know that many of the players still there are at least capable of fine performances if the team as a whole is functioning well. Ibi Tall is the only one missing from the team that demolished Rangers at home. Kingston won?t be away on Ghana duty, Bruno -The thinking man's Brellier- Aguiar?s going to be back, The likes of Driver and Berra have one year more maturity. Berra may even see sense and grow a beard.

Like any sporting endeavour It could all go wrong, but I for one will only worry about that if and when it happens.

This has the makings of a cracking season.

Sounds good. Let's put it into working practice...:)

Archived