Hibs.net.. PMSL

Mad Bad and Dangerous

Vlad Magic
18 minutes ago, Yoda said:

100% into Ron the Con's account.  He's milking them dry, before our eyes.

We don’t know.

Im not saying either way but if I was Hibs I would want clarification.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Unknown user

• RobNox

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

20180907_180607.jpg.2d272be973f87d6f2a81ec21edaf6ade.jpg

What else could it possibly be?

Nailed it, bud. 😊

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

20180907_180607.jpg.2d272be973f87d6f2a81ec21edaf6ade.jpg

What else could it possibly be?

👆 As inspired by Marvin from 'The Scheme'.

Screenshot_20220511-201712_Google.jpg

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Possibly worthy of a new thread possibly not?

Who will be the next Hibs manager?

I have posted on more than one occasion about Hibs fans fascination with all things Hearts and their ability to take their eye off their club. To their own detriment. I would not want to be accuse of hypocrisy on this matter.

However.

I’m struggling to see what manager worth his salt would currently take on the Hibs manger role?

There for a no apparent structure. 

No apparent business plan.

No apparent signing policy.

No apparent leadership.

Nothing?

It appears completely haphazard and amateurish.

With the above ⬆️ in mind what calibre of manager is going to apply?

I genuinely couldn’t care less because it’s apparent we are now years ahead. However it’s worthy of discussion for city rivalry purposes.

Could be a fun thread.  😉   Anyone know who the other 2 candidates being considered are ?  Fat Brian only mentioned Appleton & Johnston but said there were 4  in the running ?

Who knows - maybe Ron might pull a rabbit out the hat by offering the job to  .............

...........Jack Ross !    :rofl:

28 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

👆 As inspired by Marvin from 'The Scheme'.

Screenshot_20220511-201712_Google.jpg

😄

Lone Striker
8 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Scottish Premiership 2021-22 Prize Money

JANUARY 5, 2022 BY SPORTEKZ

Scottish Premiership Winners Share 2020

Scottish Premiership sponsored by (Ladbrokes) increase prize money for the clubs. The SPFL recently announced (£25 million) paid to all 42 clubs. The clubs from Premiership, Championship, league 1 and league 2 received fixed amount of prize fund. The winner of 2021-22 Premiership received (£3.35 million) prize money share.

LEAGUE STANDINGS PRIZE MONEY SHARE FOR EACH CLUB
1st Position £3.35 million 13.40%
2nd Position  £2.4 million 9.60%
3rd Position £2.06 million 8.25%
4th Position £1.81 million 7.25%
5th Position £1.68 million 6.75%
6th Position £1.56 million 6.25%
7th Position  £1.43 million  5.75%
8th Position £1.37 million 5.50%
9th Position £1.31 million 5.25%
10th Position £1.25 million 5.00%
11th Position £1.18 million 4.75%
12th Position £1.12 million 4.50%

Given that the winner (always one of the Bigot Brothers) gets very  lucrative Champions League football - likely to earn them several £million and enable them to buy star players to give a  boost to their chances of  doing  the same next season -   what is the moral justification for  the SPFL winner receiving almost £1m more than 2nd  ?

1st & 2nd between them receive £5.75m   - thats almost a quarter of the entire prize pot

Just another example of how Scottish football is rigged in favour of the OF, imo.   The converse being that everyone else is p1ss1ing into the wind.  😡

RustyRightPeg

Which bookies are offering odds on their next manager? Can’t find anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Ron based on what we have seen so far appears to be happy to put his money in.

Well he certainly seems to be happy to lend his money to Hibs, secured over the club's assets.  I'm not sure how much of his own money he has put in.  

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Say what you like about our sense of entitlement and expectations but I just could not imagine ever being so satisfied with mediocrity What are your expectations season to season? (hibs.net)

Christ that was an uninspiring read.

“Roll up, roll up, get your season tickets to see if we can finish top 6!”

I see their POTY awards are on Sunday, funny that Boyle is probably the leading candidate, and if there was such an award as manager of the year, it would be Jack Ross who would win that too.

They’re just so much of a mess the now that I almost pity them, almost.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Christ that was an uninspiring read.

“Roll up, roll up, get your season tickets to see if we can finish top 6!”

I see their POTY awards are on Sunday, funny that Boyle is probably the leading candidate, and if there was such an award as manager of the year, it would be Jack Ross who would win that too.

They’re just so much of a mess the now that I almost pity them, almost.

I was humming Starsailor as i read it

Hibs have a bit of a problem in setting aside 2016 which I think they should.

Winning the Cup for us in 2012 then transitioned quickly into saving the club so we had a big momentum in supporting the club. And the club has gradually developed and improved. 

But 2016 is a bit of a millstone partly hiding big problems certainly since they changed everything after Leanne Dempster left. 

They are in big danger of entering  terminal decline.

Percival King
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Winning the Cup for us in 2012 then transitioned quickly into saving the club so we had a big momentum in supporting the club. And the club has gradually developed and improved. 

But 2016 is a bit of a millstone partly hiding big problems certainly since they changed everything after Leanne Dempster left. 

I think the Docksiders are entitled to batter on about their big cup win, perhaps for 114 years, as I think it was the first time in decades that a lower league team had won it, albeit it was another lower league team they beat. Suppose it was a bit like the Petrofac Cup final.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot of truth in this

1 hour ago, Percival King said:

I think the Docksiders are entitled to batter on about their big cup win, perhaps for 114 years, as I think it was the first time in decades that a lower league team had won it, albeit it was another lower league team they beat. Suppose it was a bit like the Petrofac Cup final.

Maybe get to the million hours this time which was only missed by about 70 hours in 2016. 

This is the kind of deluded stuff that makes them such a great rival ………….. they have managed some thing like three third place finishes in the last quarter of a century and they have won one Scottish Cup in a hundred and thirteen years ………………. Where does this delusion come from

6A701546-0D93-4948-A952-F6124FB067C6.png

Don't you all forget their POTY dinner is on tomorrow.  Don't know where and don't know how much it costs.  Can't find a thing on the thread or their website.  Quite possible I missed it.

Would love a Jambo who was at ours would attend and then post their comparison.  Otherwise we will never know.

I'm not obsessing.  I'm just at a loose end.

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They and the sheep too which dramatically reduces the typically expected opposition for Euro spots.  

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is the kind of deluded stuff that makes them such a great rival ………….. they have managed some thing like three third place finishes in the last quarter of a century and they have won one Scottish Cup in a hundred and thirteen years ………………. Where does this delusion come from

6A701546-0D93-4948-A952-F6124FB067C6.png

I don't honestly think it's too much to ask.

Don't want to ruin the laughing at hibs vibe but in general the Edinburgh punter has been sold short by both clubs.

Hearts and Hibs should definitely be aiming for top 4 .

Cup semis and finals.

For me top 6 is minimum .

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Don't want to ruin the laughing at hibs vibe but in general the Edinburgh punter has been sold short by both clubs.

Cup semis and finals.

This is my take on it except I always expect top 5. 

Without significant financial investment in the playing squad it would take a remarkably flukey season for us to move one of the old firm 

11 minutes ago, Ked said:

Cup semis and finals.

I do not even think you can compare the two clubs Ked ………………. they have no right to expect third place because historically they are just as likely or more likely to finish bottom six

Have we underachieved yes probably fair if you take in to account the years where the gap was not as big between the old firm and our selfs in terms of resources but that was a long time a go now ……………… we are massively behind the old firm in terms of resources now and the table this season is as good an indicator of the job we have on our hands to get closer 

Hibs on the other hand have been total garbage for decades and their struggle is getting closer to us not the old firm

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This is my take on it except I always expect top 5. 

Without significant financial investment in the playing squad it would take a remarkably flukey season for us to move one of the old firm 

We need to look at reality vs expectation.

Hearts have the 3rd best league and cup record in Scotland, that leads us classically to EXPECT top 3 and ACCEPT top 4 (5 reluctantly)

Hibs are a mid table team. Expectation of more belies their historic place.

Where it is skewed is finance. With the money they've been spending, yeah maybe they start to think top 4/5.

Also the cup thing where they reach latter stages a lot. But lift the lid and you see year after year if easy runs until they play OF or us (or St J, Ross Co....)

Both teams should be a bit more succesful in that we're both too big in our pool to have had such poor spells but the respective expectations shouldnt be the same at all. Hibs thinking they're anywhere near us or Aberdeen is part of the fun though!!!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I do not even think you can compare the two clubs Ked ………………. they have no right to expect third place because historically they are just as likely or more likely to finish bottom six

Have we underachieved yes probably fair if you take in to account the years where the gap was not as big between the old firm and our selfs in terms of resources but that was a long time a go now ……………… we are massively behind the old firm in terms of resources now and the table this season is as good an indicator of the job we have on our hands to get closer 

Hibs on the other hand have been total garbage for decades and their struggle is getting closer to us not the old firm

Great minds!

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Hearts have the 3rd best league and cup record in Scotland, that leads us classically to EXPECT top 3 and ACCEPT top 4 (5 reluctantly)

Where it is skewed is finance. With the money they've been spending, yeah maybe they start to think top 4/5.

Also the cup thing where they reach latter stages a lot. But lift the lid and you see year after year if easy runs until they play OF or us (or St J, Ross Co....)

Both teams should be a bit more succesful in that we're both too big in our pool to have had such poor spells but the respective expectations shouldnt be the same at all. Hibs thinking they're anywhere near us or Aberdeen is part of the fun though!!!

Well put Mr Orbison 

21 minutes ago, Ked said:

Cup semis and finals.

Well, through quite a bit of turmoil at least we've delivered as regards cup semi-finals and finals over the recent seasons so that box is ticked. Now, having secured 3rd by quite a margin plus the awful state of both H1b5 and Aberdeen, I honestly think that we'll make significant progress whilst leaving those two (and the others) in our wake

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yup, H1b5 have one almighty task ahead to close the gap between them and us.

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I don’t compare us to Hibs. I think we’re 3rd on our own by quite a margin, as shown this year. I couldn’t care less about Hibs if I’m honest. 

part_time_jambo
On 11/05/2022 at 21:04, Lone Striker said:

Given that the winner (always one of the Bigot Brothers) gets very  lucrative Champions League football - likely to earn them several £million and enable them to buy star players to give a  boost to their chances of  doing  the same next season -   what is the moral justification for  the SPFL winner receiving almost £1m more than 2nd  ?

1st & 2nd between them receive £5.75m   - thats almost a quarter of the entire prize pot

Just another example of how Scottish football is rigged in favour of the OF, imo.   The converse being that everyone else is p1ss1ing into the wind.  😡

At first look, £2.06m for 3rd v £2.4m for 2nd doesn't look too bad, but the jump to 1st does.

From 12th to 7th prize increase 0.25% per place. Why not make it that for the full league, or at most 0.5% per place for the top 6.

On 01/05/2022 at 16:27, InternationalJambo said:

The 5 year period of us being off it has given them all a false sense of their place and it’s all coming to a head now. 

By season 25/26, the disparity will be the greatest it has ever been. 

This is only the beginning. 

The league tells no lies, right now there's a massive gap between Hearts, hubz and the sheep too. They will have their work well cut out trying to reduce that and if Hearts strengthen then they're chasing a moving target.

Consecutive season in a Euro group while none of those two had it and maybe even no one else outside the OF having it could truly cement a gap. Maybe DU could do something if they qualify for a group. I don't see Motherwell qualifying.

22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's a fairly Rose tinted view given the mess we were in for 3-4 years.

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

That's a fairly Rose tinted view given the mess we were in for 3-4 years.

Which part is rose tinted

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Which part is rose tinted

The suggestion we have gradually developed and improved. 

We're in a really good place now but it's been a bit of a roller coaster.

14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The suggestion we have gradually developed and improved. 

We're in a really good place now but it's been a bit of a roller coaster.

It's all thanks to Savage things have improved. We would still be getting players like popescu if he never turned up.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?357538-Hsl-agm&p=6963166#post6963166

It is their failed fans groups annual general meeting today where they will discuss and vote on whether or not to kick the official Hibs representatives off their board and instead become unaffiliated with the club …………….. all read talk a bout them trying to buy shares from un named share holders due to dis quiet over Rons leadership

adambraejambo

29 replies to this and 2 of them were bumps to keep it on page 1. Hope they not booked some lounge for this . They could have it at  someones dining room table back home.  

1 minute ago, adambraejambo said:

29 replies to this and 2 of them were bumps to keep it on page 1. Hope they not booked some lounge for this . They could have it at  someones dining room table back home.  

The late fat criminal Brad Welsh went after HSL when it first started out and made sure that it never took off by chucking dirt at it ……………… it split their support and many saw it as a ponzi con job and this meant they did not get enough people signed up to buy enough shares to protect them from Rons take over 

All a bit too late now but there should be a few laughs along the way

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The late fat criminal Brad Welsh went after HSL when it first started out and made sure that it never took off by chucking dirt at it ……………… it split their support and many saw it as a ponzi con job and this meant they did not get enough people signed up to buy enough shares to protect them from Rons take over 

All a bit too late now but there should be a few laughs along the way

They are always going to be on lookers from the side lines. Gordon has made sure of that. He must be having a quiet chuckle to himself over the way he has managed to side line them and take a few bob off them.

wentworth jambo

A wee bird told me that HSL had stopped releasing monthly updates / updating their website with donation levels. They have done so recently and the figures suggest that for the last 6 months, they've received just over £50k - an average of under £10k per month....the ar5e appears to have fallen out of it. :greggy:

8 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

A wee bird told me that HSL had stopped releasing monthly updates / updating their website with donation levels. They have done so recently and the figures suggest that for the last 6 months, they've received just over £50k - an average of under £10k per month....the ar5e appears to have fallen out of it. :greggy:

Even if you were a rabid hobbo why would you put money into it?  At least when we are putting out money into FOH is based on the knowledge its professionally managed and it's making a difference.

2 minutes ago, briever said:

Even if you were a rabid hobbo why would you put money into it?  At least when we are putting out money into FOH is based on the knowledge its professionally managed and it's making a difference.

We also know that our owners are not looking to take any money out of the club unlike them with their owner

Just now, Sooks said:

We also know that our owners are not looking to take any money out of the club unlike them with their owner

Indeed, they'd be better setting aside their money from the club - try to build up a war chest for the future. 

On the other hand FTH.

Just now, briever said:

Indeed, they'd be better setting aside their money from the club - try to build up a war chest for the future. 

On the other hand FTH.

I think that that is what this desperate attempt to bolt the stable door tonight is all about .................. some of the brighter ones among them have sussed that they need to build up a fund to try and offer an alternative to Gordon

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We also know that being the  owners we are not looking to take any money out of the club unlike them with their owner

FTFY 😎

...know what you mean though.👍

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

FTFY 😎

...know what you mean though.👍

That is exactly what i meant but it does no harm what so ever to high light the point : - )