Jump to content

Kebab pies


The Dragon Reborn
 Share

Recommended Posts

sunblestjambo
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Same places you buy any pie at tynecastle. 

Cheers. Never noticed on Saturday. Thought it might have been specific to one area of the ground like the curry thing that used to be (maybe still is?) in the wheatfield. 
 

That’s my scran sorted for last game of the league then.  
 

Edit: Just seen Dave’s reply earlier on in the thread - the curry shed is no more - so much has changed since I moved to the main stand 😜

Edited by sunblestjambo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheBigO
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

I remember one in Bellshill and a guy asking for a roll with a Scotch Pie in it which was a new one on me. 🤣

Pie roll. Guid! Chippy fare tho.

 

Got a pal who didnt mind an entire viennetta on a roll back in the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theme From Sparta F.C.
23 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

I remember one in Bellshill and a guy asking for a roll with a Scotch Pie in it which was a new one on me. 🤣

That's known as a Glasgow Oyster over in the West. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sooks
19 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

From memory and it was a long time ago but I think there may have been a wee bit of neeps and tatties in there too. Nice.

 

I would take some of that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wavydavy
1 hour ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

That's known as a Glasgow Oyster over in the West. :lol:

 

It's known as heart attack food in the East. 😍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

broxburnjambo
On 01/05/2022 at 15:12, wavydavy said:

 

I remember one in Bellshill and a guy asking for a roll with a Scotch Pie in it which was a new one on me. 🤣

A pie on a roll was my go to in the vending machine in the Naafi in Werl when I was stationed there back in the mid 80's. Takes me back to good times serving with The Royal Scots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Defender
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Orgasmic btw.

received_1204254196646157.jpeg

That today? Was thinking I'd missed out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Defender said:

That today? Was thinking I'd missed out!

 

It is mate, main stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered on line 

turned up within 2 days 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
On 01/05/2022 at 07:55, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Only a fool chooses an alternative when macaroni pie is on the menu. With wallopings of ketchup. 

NO just no.  ketchup on macaroni :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heartsofgold

Sampled this today. Highly impressed!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dragon Reborn
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sampled this today. Highly impressed!!!


You’re welcome 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kendoll

2 cheeky kebab pies at half time were undoubtedly the highlight of the day 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before
Posted (edited)

Braved a Wheatfield Scotch pie. Solidified lump of grey and beige sludge encased in an over cooked pastry that some how managed to be crunchy and soggy along with way too hot and still cold all at the same time.

 

Absolute shit as expected and the lassie tried to overcharge me by 60p.

 

40 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

2 cheeky kebab pies at half time were undoubtedly the highlight of the day 

 

In what way were they cheeky?

Edited by been here before
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kendoll
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Braved a Wheatfield Scotch pie. Solidified lump of grey and beige sludge encased in an over cooked pastry that some how managed to be crunchy and soggy along with way too hot and still cold all at the same time.

 

Absolute shit as expected and the lassie tried to overcharge me by 60p.

 

 

In what way were they cheeky?

 

Cheeky because I'm meant to be on a diet under the wife's instruction, and that ain't helping 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sunblestjambo

Gutted… pitched up at main stand before kick off only to be told the kebab pies had sold out. 
 

 Been looking forward to one since this thread started.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sassenach

I was in the ground early today but didn't see the kebab pie.  It seems like it was only on sale in the main stand, but I was in the Wheatfield and I didn't think to go round.

 

I usually get my pre-match pies in Diggers, but I drove today instead of travelling by rail so I had a steak pie in the ground instead.  It was made with hot water pastry in the style of a scotch pie.  It was OK, but it just seemed a bit wrong.  Probably because I'm used to shortcrust pastry in a steak pie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

arfurdaley
26 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I was in the ground early today but didn't see the kebab pie.  It seems like it was only on sale in the main stand, but I was in the Wheatfield and I didn't think to go round.

 

I usually get my pre-match pies in Diggers, but I drove today instead of travelling by rail so I had a steak pie in the ground instead.  It was made with hot water pastry in the style of a scotch pie.  It was OK, but it just seemed a bit wrong.  Probably because I'm used to shortcrust pastry in a steak pie.

Got one in the Gorgie before the game. Highlight of the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

letsmakesomenoise

Had a cheeky wee kebab pie today!  Highlight (not difficult) of the afternoon!  Won’t be my last!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Masonic

is it the white van outside the gorgie that sells them? wanted to try but ended up with a chippy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gashauskis9

I would add that, as much as I enjoyed it, my arse now sounds like Scooby Doo being castrated in a tunnel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jamstomorrow

Had one today.  I enjoyed it.  Thought the crust was a tad hard though.  You notice that sort of thing when you have no teeth.  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/05/2022 at 20:51, The Spy Who Loved Me said:


Does killing an animal such as lamb by cutting it’s throat and waiting for it bleed to death cause unnecessary suffering?

 

Yes. Then it is cruel.

 

It is avoidable? Yes.

 

Then it is cruel.

 

Just my opinion that’s all.

I assume you make sure the meat used in Scotch and Steak pies at Tynecastle are also in line with your ethics?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I would add that, as much as I enjoyed it, my arse now sounds like Scooby Doo being castrated in a tunnel.

FFS. :rofl: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I would add that, as much as I enjoyed it, my arse now sounds like Scooby Doo being castrated in a tunnel.

 

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Spy Who Loved Me
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Locky said:

I assume you make sure the meat used in Scotch and Steak pies at Tynecastle are also in line with your ethics?


Tynecastle’ pies are fine except for halal kebab.

 

Everyone has their own opinions so I will respect their views.

 

I’ve already gave my opinion so I will just leave it like that.

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...