how long

peebles jambo

peebles jambo

before we get the team playing like they did when a certain george burley took over?

i hope we've got the right man, although i think he will be better than shaggy

let's hope it's not to long till we're back where we belong

good luck, csaba

The squad is so different from Georges few months. Severe lack of attacking options and a manager with german experience makes me think we'll play a complete opposite style of football.

Mind you we might not.

colinmaroon

PLease! Please! Please! Don't set those few months as the standard! GB couldn't have maintained that if he'd stayed!

What we need desperately is to get Tynie back to being a fortress, and to playing with passion and commitment.

I would think that the first priority is the spine of the team - goalkeeper, central defence, central midfield and a striker!

One big thing over the last few years has ben the lack of discipline on and off the pitch. Reading the papers this morning the new boss seems very high on discipline which I think is a huge step in the right direction.

None of us know for certain hoe Lazlo will go about his style of play at hearts but from what I've picked up so far is think less George Burley and more Craig Levein. The team just needs some discipline and organisation, I'll be happy just to see the team have a bit of fight about them again and grind out some results.

Horatio Caine

Yes. Csaba said in the PC that `nice football` is all very well but it usually doesn't win anything (ask any Hobo). What he will go for is effective football - making us hard to beat. No doubt it won't be too long before the Hobos are accusing us of playing industrial hoofball.

On another note - surprised to see news of Csaba's appointment has reached Peebles. I'd have thought they'd have set this weekend aside for celebrating our Cup win.

Snake Plissken
Can anyone remember from the game at Murrayfield what style of football Ferencvaros played?

If I remember right they kept the ball well and limited the chances we had, seemed very well organised. I can't be certain of that though.

peebles jambo
Yes. Csaba said in the PC that `nice football` is all very well but it usually doesn't win anything (ask any Hobo). What he will go for is effective football - making us hard to beat. No doubt it won't be too long before the Hobos are accusing us of playing industrial hoofball.

On another note - surprised to see news of Csaba's appointment has reached Peebles. I'd have thought they'd have set this weekend aside for celebrating our Cup win.

when did we win the cup?

Captain Lithuania

Well I don't think we will be playing the ever popular 10-0-0 formation like the rangkers, however I do think we will be a force to be reckoned with this season. There is no lack of attacking options, we have Aguiar, Driver, Glen, Elliot (I think he will improve), Makela (Who I hope will get a fresh start with Csaba), Miko, Chesny, Kingston (Who better pull his finger out if he wants a game). We have a good side, I will post my prefered starting 11. Also on the bench: Mole + Elliot

Pref XI_thumb.JPG

Captain Lithuania
Well I don't think we will be playing the ever popular 10-0-0 formation like the rangkers, however I do think we will be a force to be reckoned with this season. There is no lack of attacking options, we have Aguiar, Driver, Glen, Elliot (I think he will improve), Makela (Who I hope will get a fresh start with Csaba), Miko, Chesny, Kingston (Who better pull his finger out if he wants a game). We have a good side, I will post my prefered starting 11. Also on the bench: Mole + Elliot

Anyway.. The :hobofish:'s are out of europe :)

DuffKirkMacKenzie
[/b]

when did we win the cup?

Are you gaun senile PJ. 56' of course ;)

Imeantasong
If I remember right they kept the ball well and limited the chances we had, seemed very well organised. I can't be certain of that though.

That's what I remember, and lots of time-wasting down to a T.

He seems to think that if you're 1-0 up with 30 mins to go, you don't let it slip rather than going all-out for a second.

You don't do that by whacking a ball up the park and gifting it to the opposition.

So we'll maybe need players who are comfortable passing / keeping the ball. Nowt wrong with that if you're good at it

Oh, and probably time-wasting.

Ach well, we get slaughtered for anything anyway, even if everybody else does it.

Jambo.Craig
PLease! Please! Please! Don't set those few months as the standard! GB couldn't have maintained that if he'd stayed!

What we need desperately is to get Tynie back to being a fortress, and to playing with passion and commitment.

I would think that the first priority is the spine of the team - goalkeeper, central defence, central midfield and a striker!

Agreed! We shouldn't use this as the standard we have to achieve. From my understanding of the Burley era, the players were on a seriously lucrative win bonus. Not sure of the value but the payout doubled each time they won - ?1000, ?2000, ?4000, ?8000 etc. Not a bad motivator!!! I also explains the blistering start to games!!!

The team and supporters (us) need to get Tynie rocking again.

I think the one thing he'll be looking for as a continental coach is more goals from midfield. We seem to struggle in this respect. Eggert and Kinston seem the only ones keen on having a pop.

Csaba has a weaker squad and is unlikely to be given a wage budget to sign players of the calibre of Bednar, Jankauskas, Fyssas and Skacel. Any hopes of replicating Burley's start should be discarded right now. The aim for this season must be to reclaim our position as the third best team in Scotland. Aiming any higher than that this season is completely unrealistic.

It's ridiculous that certain posters on Kickback seem to think that a twelve game period during which we were far, far better than we have been for the vast majority of our 134 year existence should be the benchmark for all future Hearts teams.

Lochend Brazil

I remember that they had a boy in centre mid that won everything and ran the show. Hopefully VR brings in about 6/7 players of quality for a trial as he did for the Boro game.

Ryan Gosling
ANYBODY KNOW WHAT HIS FAVOURITE FORMATION IS?

4-4-1-1

He prefers to have a shorter second striker, preferably in their 30s and left footed.

WE NEED A HARTLEY TYPE TO GET FORWARD FI MIDFIELD THEN. MAYBE KINGSTON COULD DO THAT . WOULD THEN SOMEONE RIGHT MID.

It's ridiculous that certain posters on Kickback seem to think that a twelve game period during which we were far, far better than we have been for the vast majority of our 134 year existence should be the benchmark for all future Hearts teams.

Indeed. No doubt the boo boys will be baying for Csaba's blood if we aren't top of the league 1/4 way through the season. The guy has got to be given time. We were a shambles last year and should be delighted if we manage to bag a UEFA Cup spot.

WE NEED A HARTLEY TYPE TO GET FORWARD FI MIDFIELD THEN. MAYBE KINGSTON COULD DO THAT . WOULD THEN SOMEONE RIGHT MID.

YEAH

Patrick Bateman
16/F/UR ROOM

MA HA :dribble:

4-4-1-1

He prefers to have a shorter second striker, preferably in their 30s and left footed.

Huh and just after Neil McCann left.

Unfortunate.

4-4-1-1

I'm sure we have one of those.;)

peebles jambo
IM 14 F AIRDRIE WONNA MEAT

with spelling like that, i think you're a 14 year old half wit ;)

LarrysRightFoot

Its unrealistic and unfair to expect us to start this season the way we did in 2005.

I think Csaba will start with the bascis and build from the back, so first of all we will need a keeper or will he give McDonald a chance?

Personally I would love to see us play good quick passing football but to begin with we have be realistic and get results and if that mean 'industrial' football so be it.

With a few signings my prefered team for next season would be.

Szmatulski - I thought he was good at United and is unattached

New Right Back/ Neilson - Robbie may do for another season as Csaba will probably like his commitment.

McGowan - I think he has real potential

Berra - if he stays. If not Id like us to go for Darren Barr

Wallace - hopefully Csaba can get him to fufill his potential

Kingston

Ruben/Eggert - not sure they compliment each other enough to play in the same midfeild

New Attacking Midfeilder - maybe Dorman or Rosa?

Driver - if he stays

Gow - would be a good link between midfeild and striker IMO

Glen/New Striker - I hope Glen can play a big role this season but we may still need another striker maybe one with a physical presence.

with spelling like that, i think you're a 14 year old half wit ;)

How old are you? There's really no need to go picking on a wee lassie like me. :mad:

Miller Jambo 60
before we get the team playing like they did when a certain george burley took over?

i hope we've got the right man, although i think he will be better than shaggy

let's hope it's not to long till we're back where we belong

good luck, csaba

Burley had to go THE BOOZE or birds:107years:

Archived