Season Ticket/Live streaming

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

Had a look in the T&C's but couldn't see any reference to free live streaming of home games for season ticket holders.

Presume that has been removed now that Covid is 'over'.

Was handy 

Edited by Perth to Paisley

3 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Had a look in the T&C's but couldn't see any reference to free live streaming of home games for season ticket holders.

Presume that has been removed now that Covid is 'over'.

Was handy 

Live streaming was allowed by the spfl to the end of this season . Then it is back to normal with no live streaming for UK viewers 

Edited by Rockwell

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Live streaming was allowed by the spfl to the end of this season . Then it is back to normal with no live streaming for UK viewers 

That seems a shame and a backward step.

As far as I can see it has has had no impact on actual attendances but gives people a chance to see the game, if for various reasons, they can't be there in person.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

As far as I can see it has has had no impact on actual attendances but gives people a chance to see the game, if for various reasons, they can't be there in person.

I agree with this. I know a few people who have being paying season ticket price but only viewing the matches on line as a way of continuing to support the club. Covid is not over and some people are not yet ready to return.

There seems to be no good reason for stopping this. Have I missed something?

Yet another example of the fans, the paying public who keep the game alive, being ignored? How very Scottish Football.

David McCaig
20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Hearts International and a VPN is all thats required.

This would be a shame, particularly around the PPV arrangements. There must be a market for people who would like to watch the game but can't afford the time every week or for family, work or other reasons can't commit to a season ticket? I watched Hearts on PPV selectively this season almost all home games and some away - money going into these clubs that otherwise wouldn't have. And that wasn't just during lockdown. As it happens, I'm up for a season ticket this year so it doesn't necessarily follow that it will pull fans away from attending in person either. Surely there is a mutual benefit if Sky don't object to streaming/PPV for games they aren't covering, and let clubs make a bit of money by selling their own viewing rights on a game by game basis? No conflict of interest and more winners than losers?

hmfc_liam06

Pity that it's to be scraped. I don't think it's had any adverse affect on clubs attendances. Well, other than Hibs.

john thomas
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It was a concession from the rights holders ( Sky ).  I think they’ve taken that concession away. 

Not until next season 

been here before
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pity that it's to be scraped. I don't think it's had any adverse affect on clubs attendances. Well, other than Hibs.

It seemed to increase the Hibs attendances. While we could all see 1000s of empty seats it was actually a sell out.

Screenshot_20211201-202409_Gallery.thumb.jpg.86d8cdc9535ab030e12e42839b1e517f.jpg

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Not until next season 

That’s what I meant. 👍

Hopefuly they can include it in the next tv deal as I think clubs will see the value in having ppv. 

Saint Jambo

It required a concession from the broadcasters who hold the rights.

It also required a concession from the UK Government who have legislation that prevents football being broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday. That is designed to protect smaller teams. It is feasible that someone that pre-pandemic went to their local lower league ground will currently be paying to watch a Premier League team instead via streaming options.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

It required a concession from the broadcasters who hold the rights.

It also required a concession from the UK Government who have legislation that prevents football being broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday. That is designed to protect smaller teams. It is feasible that someone that pre-pandemic went to their local lower league ground will currently be paying to watch a Premier League team instead via streaming options.

Obviously I don't have any figures but I would imagine the majority of those willing to pay for PPV games would only shell out to watch their own team (if they were unable to attend the game) and not to watch random EPL games.

It's swings and roundabouts I guess. There were a few games I was going to buy on PPV this year to watch us but we were region blocked if in England. 

So rather than Hearts or the away club pocketing £15 quid or so, they got nothing. I didn't go and watch my local English non-league team instead.

I probably spent it on takeouts and watching the evening EPL game on TV. The only winner is was my local Chinese carry out.

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's swings and roundabouts I guess. There were a few games I was going to buy on PPV this year to watch us but we were region blocked if in England. 

...well maybe you shouldn't be living there???!!!!!

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Adam & Joe go into this scene in great detail. Hilarious stuff!

Adam and Joe was excellent. I love Adam's new podcast but it's hit or miss depending on the guest. The 6 music stuff was magic!

41 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Adam and Joe was excellent. I love Adam's new podcast but it's hit or miss depending on the guest. The 6 music stuff was magic!

It's brilliant.

Jools Holland at home. Genius!

Jambo in Bathgate
8 hours ago, Daktari said:

This would be a shame, particularly around the PPV arrangements. There must be a market for people who would like to watch the game but can't afford the time every week or for family, work or other reasons can't commit to a season ticket? I watched Hearts on PPV selectively this season almost all home games and some away - money going into these clubs that otherwise wouldn't have. And that wasn't just during lockdown. As it happens, I'm up for a season ticket this year so it doesn't necessarily follow that it will pull fans away from attending in person either. Surely there is a mutual benefit if Sky don't object to streaming/PPV for games they aren't covering, and let clubs make a bit of money by selling their own viewing rights on a game by game basis? No conflict of interest and more winners than losers?

I watched most away games on PPV last season and also this season. I’m sure it would have boosted clubs financially. It’s a shame that this will end especially when Sky is basically PPV for Rangers and Celtic. Poor marketing of the game in Scotland by the SPFL. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Depends how you count “attendances”

Hearts attendances have definitely been higher than bums on seats this season.

Not because of apathy of our fans I am certain - I am sure because of the continual stigma of Covid.

Next season we need to accept that Covid as something to live with - unless something mental happens with a variant. I would also say it’s mental now to miss a game if you have Covid to be honest, unless you don’t feel well enough to attend.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I loved it, I'm not getting any younger and being able to watch from home with my season ticket avoids the cost and difficulty of travelling for six hours to every game, and also lets me release my ticket for resale while also going to select games. I was unable to travel for about four months this year due to health issues, so it was such a good idea (as far as I'm concerned) that there's no doubt that the SPFL will scrap it next season.

Lone Striker
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s what I meant. 👍

Hopefuly they can include it in the next tv deal as I think clubs will see the value in having ppv. 

Hopefully Deloitte's report on delivering more income for SPL clubs includes something like this.  For example if you've bought a ST but can't attend for whatever reason, it seems reasonable that you should get a  discount on the full PPV price for each match regardless of whether you're in the UK or abroad.    If a PPV price is £15, give it to ST holders for £10 - everyone benefits, imo. Especially if your seat can be re-sold by the club for that game.    

10 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Hopefully Hesgoal continue their fine coverage of the Scottish game.

Somebody has too

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Next season we need to accept that Covid as something to live with

While I agree with you to an extent, I'll change my mind and disagree again when I see the 80+ year old frail guy that sits next to me in Section C.

Should definitely be a stream-at-home option for folk like him.