Europe Travel Thread βœˆοΈπŸšπŸšŒπŸš—πŸš΄πŸš’

Ked

Bit previous but thought I'd start ball rolling.

For example if there was interest in chartering a plane or if its cost effective group bookings .

That kind of thing.

Β 

What I'm really meaning was if any of you arseholez were thinking of organising anything like that.

😁

Β 

And for general chat about going to away games in Europe.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsmad1874

• davemclaren

• Ribble

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Ked said:

Bit previous but thought I'd start ball rolling.

For example if there was interest in chartering a plane or if its cost effective group bookings .

That kind of thing.

Β 

What I'm really meaning was if any of you arseholez were thinking of organising anything like that.

😁

Β 

And for general chat about going to away games in Europe.

I’m not sure it’s possible to do a private charter now with changes in air regulations etc…. @Gambo

• davemclaren changed the title to Europe Travel Thread βœˆοΈπŸšπŸšŒπŸš—πŸš΄πŸš’

Sports options who runΒ  day trips and overnight trips are keen to run trips for hearts . Will know more in fullness of time.

asomerville
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not sure it’s possible to do a private charter now with changes in air regulations etc…. @Gambo

There is a company based in Edinburgh that does plane charters. Rangers had 5 planes to Belgrade through this company for team, press & supporters.Β 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Flight to anywhere in central Europe then train to destination.

Easy peasy

I was just trying to suss out an economic way of doing it.

Would like to go to as many as affordable.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Liking the thread title change and picsπŸ˜€

CloustonHMFC
27 minutes ago, Ked said:

I was just trying to suss out an economic way of doing it.

Would like to go to as many as affordable.

Β 

Train travel in Europe is cheap as ****, compared to the UK. Cheap flight with Ryan Air and then train to wherever the destination. You might end up with 4 different trains, changing at stations in the middle of nowhere but it all adds to the magic πŸ˜‚

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Β 

Train travel in Europe is cheap as ****, compared to the UK. Cheap flight with Ryan Air and then train to wherever the destination. You might end up with 4 different trains, changing at stations in the middle of nowhere but it all adds to the magic πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Would brexit not make that more of an issue now if going through different countries.Β 

Β 

Visas, paperwork etc.Β 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Β 

Β 

Would brexit not make that more of an issue now if going through different countries.Β 

Β 

Visas, paperwork etc.Β 

Β 

No. We still have visa free travel to pretty much every country we did before. Only potential spanner in the works is differing covid regulations in countries but by the time our games come around I'd expect them all to be mostly gone too.

Edited by Jamboross

Heartsmad1874
4 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Sports options who runΒ  day trips and overnight trips are keen to run trips for hearts . Will know more in fullness of time.

Thanks for this. Have seen them mentioned on twitter so would be keen to do a trip with them.

Heartsmad1874

Could we potentially merge both the Europe threads and just have one big mega thread for travel, likely opponents etc?

I've been to plenty of our home games in Europe but never away. Now that my kids are older we fancy doing a trip.

Β 

I know it's very much dependant on who the opposition are and how easy to get to but what size of support have we taken in the past?

Will potentially only have 17 days notice to organise travel for the Europa playoff, draw is 1st August and 1st leg 18th/2nd leg 25thΒ 

Β 

Once we are in either Europa/Conference group stage the draw is 26th aug and should matchday 1 on the 8th September be an away game there will only be 13 days to organise travel

Just now, JayTeeJnr said:

I've been to plenty of our home games in Europe but never away. Now that my kids are older we fancy doing a trip.

Β 

I know it's very much dependant on who the opposition are and how easy to get to but what size of support have we taken in the past?

Β 

Sure we had around 800-1000 in athens, must have been 5000 in prague

2 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Β 

Just depends where we play really. Prauge, Feyenoord, Braga, Liverpool we took a good few thousand. Zagreb lucky if there was 600.

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Will potentially only have 17 days notice to organise travel for the Europa playoff, draw is 1st August and 1st leg 18th/2nd leg 25thΒ 

Β 

Once we are in either Europa/Conference group stage the draw is 26th aug and should matchday 1 on the 8th September be an away game there will only be 13 days to organise travel

All the group matchdays are tightly squeezed in aswell.Β 
Β 

8,15 September

6,13 October

27 October and 3 November.
Β 

Β 

Heartsmad1874

Never been to a European away game with Hearts due to work etc but should be able to do trips this year. How do tickets work? Do we collect over there or do Hearts sell them to collect from ticket office, or does it just depend who we play?
Β 

Seen that West Ham, Rangers etc have had to collect tickets when they arrive with ID etc.

Β 

Looked back a few years to the Infonet away game and Hearts were selling them from the ticket office.

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Never been to a European away game with Hearts due to work etc but should be able to do trips this year. How do tickets work? Do we collect over there or do Hearts sell them to collect from ticket office, or does it just depend who we play?
Β 

Seen that West Ham, Rangers etc have had to collect tickets when they arrive with ID etc.

Β 

Looked back a few years to the Infonet away game and Hearts were selling them from the ticket office.

Β 

Always had ticket in hand before travelling in the past

12 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

All the group matchdays are tightly squeezed in aswell.Β 
Β 

8,15 September

6,13 October

27 October and 3 November.
Β 

Β 

Β 

Correct and no guarantee that the fixtures land home, away, home etc could easily be away from home for both the early October games for example

Done Basle and Prague away.......great trips

This will be the first Euro trip for Junior though so hoping for somewhere nice...fancy a German trip...

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Β 

Always had ticket in hand before travelling in the past

Mostly without tickets as it used to be much cheaper to buy local. Think the tickets for Zelnicar Β were about 80p in the local bar and Β£15 from C Robinson enterprises for example. However I’d imagine most venues will be more controlled these days

Edited by scott herbertson

The Hogfather
25 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Just depends where we play really. Prauge, Feyenoord, Braga, Liverpool we took a good few thousand. Zagreb lucky if there was 600.

Β 

Just over 900 tickets sold for Zagreb if I remember correctly. Was a great trip and a pleasure to see a city I wouldn't have travelled to under any other circumstances.

Β 

42 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Could we potentially merge both the Europe threads and just have one big mega thread for travel, likely opponents etc?

Β 

Might be worth keeping the two separate for when the time comes for booking travel. Easier to look through a dedicated travel thread rather than a "mega-thread" that might see tips lost in amongst the general chit chat.

periodictabledancer
52 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Β 

No. We still have visa free travel to pretty much every country we did before. Only potential spanner in the works is differing covid regulations in countries but by the time our games come around I'd expect them all to be mostly gone too.

You'll still need to get your passport stamped on arrival and departure from each EU country if travelling thru one country to another. If nothing else, ensure your passport is stamped on departure from your final destination - or you could have big problems with future travel due to the 90 day rule. You don't need a visa but it's a pain in the ass until EU introduces it's version of the U SΒ  ESTA in 2024.

8 minutes ago, moz said:

Done Basle and Prague away.......great trips

This will be the first Euro trip for Junior though so hoping for somewhere nice...fancy a German trip...

Β 

Looking like it could be Freiburg, Union Berlin (Europa Group) or Koln if they get past the conference playoffΒ 

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Β 

Just over 900 tickets sold for Zagreb if I remember correctly. Was a great trip and a pleasure to see a city I wouldn't have travelled to under any other circumstances.

Β 

Β 

Might be worth keeping the two separate for when the time comes for booking travel. Easier to look through a dedicated travel thread rather than a "mega-thread" that might see tips lost in amongst the general chit chat.

That’s certainly my thoughts, at present.Β 

11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Β 

Looking like it could be Freiburg, Union Berlin (Europa Group) or Koln if they get past the conference playoffΒ 

Oooh.....Koln would be tremendous, been there a few times for work.....lovely place..!

Easy to get to as direct train from airport

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

What’s demand for tickets generally like? Are they easy to get or will it be a fight?Β 

Β 

Absolutely no way to tell what demand will be like until we know who our opponents are.

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, R1874 said:

What’s demand for tickets generally like? Are they easy to get or will it be a fight?Β 

For big games in Basle and Rotterdam, we sold out our entire allocation.Β  For Bordeaux we got all we wanted because the locals weren't interested. All depends on the opposition and size of the ground.

10 minutes ago, moz said:

Oooh.....Koln would be tremendous, been there a few times for work.....lovely place..!

Easy to get to as direct train from airport

Β 

I'm actually there for a gig in a couple of weeks so would be happy to get somewhere that I already knew the rough lay of the land

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Visas, paperwork etc.Β 

Nope. No paperwork required. You get a stamp in your passport and you can travel between the EU countries for 90 days within 180 without hassle.Β 

King Of The Cat Cafe
40 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You'll still need to get your passport stamped on arrival and departure from each EU country if travelling thru one country to another. If nothing else, ensure your passport is stamped on departure from your final destination - or you could have big problems with future travel due to the 90 day rule. You don't need a visa but it's a pain in the ass until EU introduces it's version of the U SΒ  ESTA in 2024.

Β 

Β 

Not for those of us who have Irish passports 🀩

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Nope. No paperwork required. You get a stamp in your passport and you can travel between the EU countries for 90 days within 180 without hassle.Β 

Β 

Also: Β "British citizens should have at least six months’ validity left on your UK passport and the passport should be less than ten years old or you may not be permitted to enter the host State." Β 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Β 

Ah good.Β 

Β 

Just my benidorm retirement plans that are canned then.Β 

Β 

Β 

15 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Β 

Also: Β "British citizens should have at least six months’ validity left on your UK passport and the passport should be less than ten years old or you may not be permitted to enter the host State." Β 

that bit about it being less than 10 years old is important as i read an article on the bbc website the other day where a family had to cancel their holiday as the mother was not allowed to travel as her passport had been extended by a couple of years meaning the 6 month validity took her to in excess of 10 years

Malinga the Swinga

Have done Dublin, Paris, Vienna, Prague and Munich.

Prague was great but 3 days in a bus to get there was hellish as was the three days back. 4p a pint on the other hand was fantastic. Russian soldiers at border weren't friendly but those in Prague were decent enough. Not sure serving caviar and egg to football supporters was a good idea though. Might be a delicacy but after 3 days on a bus, just wanted decent grub.

Paris was good but accomodation fell through and slept rough after game till bus home. Paris mighty cold when your wandering around trying to keep warm. Would have helped if bus had had a toilet as well. Think we made first stop at Penicuik after leaving Georgie.

Munich was memorable but disappointing result as we really should have beaten them. Met Archie McPherson in Munich as well.

All trips done by bus. Think I'd have to go by plane now as too old for long bus journeys and like my comforts.

Fxxx the SPFL

We did Bosnia Braga and Bordeaux all by coach organised by a lad called Derek Β  Crosbie had some great laughs and made some great friends.

Heartsmad1874
28 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

A trip to Spain or Portugal would be great in late summer, but more likely end up in Kazakhstan

FYI, Tobol are the Kazakhstan team in Europe, based in Kostanay close to the Russian border, a trip like that would be a disaster so no thanksπŸ˜‚. Β Course they'd have to parachute down out of UCL QR2 and win UEL QR3 to be in with a chance of playing us.