Organisation

Sooks

I was reading this forum this morning and I went back a few pages and something really stood out for me …….. we are such a better organised club than in previous seasons

There are a lot of threads about our best players and usually after a pretty decent season like this one you expect those threads to be about interest in those players from the old firm

The back room staff and management have done such a good job of getting our best players signed up on long term deals to prevent this from happening and it is such a relief

Okay so Souttar is gone but those were pretty unusual circumstances due to his injury but Kingsley Halkett McKay Baningime and Devlin all tied down is fantastic

It is a good feeling that this team can not be picked a part by the cultures along the m8 unless they give us fair price 

Even under Romanov this was not the case we are in a very good place just now that if any club wants to take our players then they have to cough up a good price or we just keep them and hopefully win things with them

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was reading this forum this morning and I went back a few pages and something really stood out for me …….. we are such a better organised club than in previous seasons

There are a lot of threads about our best players and usually after a pretty decent season like this one you expect those threads to be about interest in those players from the old firm

The back room staff and management have done such a good job of getting our best players signed up on long term deals to prevent this from happening and it is such a relief

Okay so Souttar is gone but those were pretty unusual circumstances due to his injury but Kingsley Halkett McKay Baningime and Devlin all tied down is fantastic

It is a good feeling that this team can not be picked a part by the cultures along the m8 unless they give us fair price 

Even under Romanov this was not the case we are in a very good place just now that if any club wants to take our players then they have to cough up a good price or we just keep them and hopefully win things with them

* vultures not cultures 

Bang on the money . 
And although we are all gutted about Soapy, in the grand scheme of things losing one player (Haring still on the line) out of all those who re-signed is amazing business.

As you say to look back at previous (don’t want to mention names) is night and day.

What a place to be right now and next season Europe and the guaranteed groups. Hibs back in their box as are Aberdeen. It’s amazing.

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Bang on the money . 
And although we are all gutted about Soapy, in the grand scheme of things losing one player (Haring still on the line) out of all those who re-signed is amazing business.

As you say to look back at previous (don’t want to mention names) is night and day.

What a place to be right now and next season Europe and the guaranteed groups. Hibs back in their box as are Aberdeen. It’s amazing.

Yes totally and with Haring it is not that different from Souttars situation where injury has played a part in his time with us complicating his contract situation ………. So much rests on the recruitment team bringing in quality of equal or better standard than the few that do slip away for not much money and I am quietly confident they can do that

It's good knowing we have the right people at the club. Everyone is on board with the clubs vision. There was a time we'd sell our best players for bargain basement prices. Not now. If anyone wants our stars now have to cough up. Even though we may not catch the old squirm, we're miles ahead of everyone else. It's a good place to be and with European football next season it can only get better. 

Just now, Marvin said:

It's good knowing we have the right people at the club. Everyone is on board with the clubs vision. There was a time we'd sell our best players for bargain basement prices. Not now. If anyone wants our stars now have to cough up. Even though we may not catch the old squirm, we're miles ahead of everyone else. It's a good place to be and with European football next season it can only get better. 

This touches on another good point Marvin ………. We own the club and we are not looking for a financial return ………… I have read interviews with owners of other clubs talking about making money out of Scottish football and that is something we need not concern ourselves with the only return we want is on the park

My preference would have been to keep Souttar, but I have zero confidence he’ll play a full season for Rangers. I’d go as far as to say, if he makes 50 appearances for them over his contract, I’ll be genuinely surprised. 

I’ve got a feeling we’re going to be stronger losing him. We’ve lost both him and Halkett at different points this season, and IMO we have absolutely missed Halkett more. Souttar maybe easier on the eye, but football is about winning games. 

The organisation from Savage to make sure all our key players are tied up is fantastic. We just need Haring to sign on again for another year or two and it’s been an otherwise clean sweep. Do think we need to monitor Devlin and Beni’s contracts. Both are only going to improve which will attract interest as their contracts get closer to finish. If we could get both extended again by Jan next year that would be good and keep a healthy length of time on their deals to protect any potential transfer fee. 

31 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It'll only get better if we make the correct decisions. For example, we need to make sure we continue to recruit properly and try not to squander the little money we have. If we can spend our money wisely in the transfer market there's a chance to really pull away because, like others have said, we own the club, nobody is in it for the profits. 

It's really important that our recruitment team continue to produce the goods because we are so close to creating something special, we just can't get too carried away. 

Ann budge ensured our business was strong. She has made some really good connections with most having serious financial backing. We have now moved onto the playing front and have in place a solid group of skilled scouts; contacts with teams; etc. We’ve upped our game 500% in the past few years and now have something very very special. It really is an exciting time to be a jambo 

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Ann budge ensured our business was strong. She has made some really good connections with most having serious financial backing. We have now moved onto the playing front and have in place a solid group of skilled scouts; contacts with teams; etc. We’ve upped our game 500% in the past few years and now have something very very special. It really is an exciting time to be a jambo 

She deserves a lot of credit and I think the thing that I respect most is that she learned from her mistakes ............... you can learn at least as much from mistakes as you do success

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She deserves a lot of credit and I think the thing that I respect most is that she learned from her mistakes ............... you can learn at least as much from mistakes as you do success

I like that. 

I'm going it. 

I'm very successful if I go with that. 🤣

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It was what I was going to say.

She put too much trust in Levein, especially when things were appearing, so it meant she left it too late to reverse out situation in 2019/20. I am sure she will admit she made a mistake when it came to the Stendel appointment (I do think he could have been the right choice but at the wrong time, where we agree for him to be manager in the summer but have a fire fighting temporary manager until the end of the season,) we delayed too long making him manager which meant McPhee went through a bad run of results (8 games from McPhees 2nd game till the end of the year where we lost 7 of the 8 games and drew the other,) and to me that spell ultimately left us last. If we had picked up and win and 2 draws from those matches, then we would not have been last.

But she actually had a clear plan to redevelop the running of the football club learning from past mistakes, through the hiring of the right people. She created clear responsibility and accountability for roles, making the manager and Sporting Director responsible to the board, rather than have a director of football deciding everything and being on the board. She has worked with Savage to bring in the right people across the club. I also think bringing in McKinley was key as well, Ann had too much to do in her role, as she was ultimately Chairwomen and chief executive. McKinley taking the day to day running of the club allows him the focus on the shorter term and Ann to focus on longer term.

40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It was what I was going to say.

She put too much trust in Levein, especially when things were appearing, so it meant she left it too late to reverse out situation in 2019/20. I am sure she will admit she made a mistake when it came to the Stendel appointment (I do think he could have been the right choice but at the wrong time, where we agree for him to be manager in the summer but have a fire fighting temporary manager until the end of the season,) we delayed too long making him manager which meant McPhee went through a bad run of results (8 games from McPhees 2nd game till the end of the year where we lost 7 of the 8 games and drew the other,) and to me that spell ultimately left us last. If we had picked up and win and 2 draws from those matches, then we would not have been last.

But she actually had a clear plan to redevelop the running of the football club learning from past mistakes, through the hiring of the right people. She created clear responsibility and accountability for roles, making the manager and Sporting Director responsible to the board, rather than have a director of football deciding everything and being on the board. She has worked with Savage to bring in the right people across the club. I also think bringing in McKinley was key as well, Ann had too much to do in her role, as she was ultimately Chairwomen and chief executive. McKinley taking the day to day running of the club allows him the focus on the shorter term and Ann to focus on longer term.

Totally mate she brought in new people in key positions and they have looked like good appointments but crucially she changed her own role to one she was better in as well

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agreed, but we can’t rest on our laurels, if we take our eye of the ball, the old firm vultures will always be ready to take advantage of any weakness in our armour

6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Agreed, but we can’t rest on our laurels, if we take our eye of the ball, the old firm vultures will always be ready to take advantage of any weakness in our armour

Thank fully we no longer have a debt to Bank of Scotland where David Murray and Masterton carved up Scottish football to Rangers advantage so all we need to do now is make sure our players are kept in contract and our finances kept in good health

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

This touches on another good point Marvin ………. We own the club and we are not looking for a financial return ………… I have read interviews with owners of other clubs talking about making money out of Scottish football and that is something we need not concern ourselves with the only return we want is on the park

This is the colossal difference between ourselves and the Vermin. It is becoming abundantly clear that their main driver is to line the pockets of the Peruvian entrepreneur.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Yes she has turned it round really well.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Would agree. This season has been fantastic and things have worked out so well, but this is only the start not the finish. Next season we could falter in the league and have a season like Hibs had this year after finishing 3rd, and this season would have been a blip rather than a sign of progress. 

Maiden Gorgie
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would agree. This season has been fantastic and things have worked out so well, but this is only the start not the finish. Next season we could falter in the league and have a season like Hibs had this year after finishing 3rd, and this season would have been a blip rather than a sign of progress. 

Agree with this. We are notorious for 2nd season syndrome in the past but hopefully we are in a stronger position to make a decent fist of it both domestically and in Europe