Front men

Rab

Another "who's your favourite" thread spawned from another thread.

There was a suggestion on the Oasis thread that Liam "What the **** are you lookin at?" Gallagher was a great front man. One of the best.

In the spirit of free opinion, I disagree. IN fact, I'd fancy 10 mins off camera with him to let him know how I feel, but that's a different story :eek:

Who are the great frontmen of all time? Not necessarily the best band, the best music or the best singer. The best front man

I'm going to start with 3 suggestions

Eddie Vedder

Having lived in the US for 8 years, I've come to realise every single US female of my generation is in love with this guy. All of them, no exceptions. At first I wasn't a fan. But the more I saw, the more I came to like the guy. History, IMO, will show Pearl Jam as one of - if not the- best bands of the 90s.

Freddie Mercury

Never been a big fan of Queens music, but ****ing look at the guy. What a performer.

Roger Daltry

I've posted this video many time on this forum. But I can't help it. Look at Daltry. Ridiculous Fro. Skin tight top. Hardly moving. But what a voice, what a presence. Something about this performance just mesmerises me.

Robert Plant

Freddie Mercury

Morrisey

Bruce Dickinson

I know some prob won't agree but Chuck D, Easy E and B-real.

Thought Robert Plant would have been too easy a choice, so I left him out.

Morrisey? I dunno. He doesn't meet my definition of a front man, but he probably meets others.

Freddie Mercury and after seeing Depeche Mode live Dave Gahan is a very very very very close second. I still get goosebumps thinking about his performance.

I P Knightley

Reluctantly, I'd have to agree with Freddie Mercury.

My 3 faves are Springsteen, Daltrey & Plant in that I love the music as well as the showmanship. I never listen to much Queen, though, hence the reluctance. I just don't think it's stood the test of time.

Then, there's always Jeff Lynne.

chester copperpot

Dont like Queen in the slightest, however Freddie's performance at Wembley was the stuff of dreams. Love watching that performance even though I dont really like Queen.

The guy oozed class.

Sheriff Fatman

Fish at the Hogmanay gig at the Playhouse in 1983 is the best frontman I have ever seen

chester copperpot
Fish at the Hogmanay gig at the Playhouse in 1983 is the best frontman I have ever seen

Met him at the W/C in 98. He was total class, even for a hobo.

Sheriff Fatman
Met him at the W/C in 98. He was total class, even for a hobo.

I met him in 84, at the bar after another gig, and I agree, he was total class.

Angry Haggis

"Ladies and Gentlemen...please allow me to introduce my band...........................The Sensational Alex Harvey Band"

I P Knightley
Dont like Queen in the slightest, however Freddie's performance at Wembley was the stuff of dreams. Love watching that performance even though I dont really like Queen.

The guy oozed class.

I think he oozed a lot more than that in his time...

Thought Robert Plant would have been too easy a choice, so I left him out.

Morrisey? I dunno. He doesn't meet my definition of a front man, but he probably meets others.

ALEX HARVEY.............SENSATIONAL..!:cool:

Archived