What a season

One five

What a season ! Back in the top league we should never had been demoted from. Cup final to look forward to, Europe games back at our beloved Tynecastle and unbeaten by the vermin rats, good times ahead Imo 🤞

One of the best we've had in my time, with the possibility of it ending up an all time favourite.

If we win the cup this year and it's a big If, I honestly think this would be comfortably our best season since 98, might potentially be better as we have 8 euro games next season minimum off the back of it. Great time to be a Jambo.

3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If we win the cup this year and it's a big If, I honestly think this would be comfortably our best season since 98, might potentially be better as we have 8 euro games next season minimum off the back of it. Great time to be a Jambo.

2005/06 was the best season in the relatively modern history of the club. Finishing 2nd, winning the cup, Champions league qualifiers. It all came at a price right enough. A price we eventually had to pay. This season just feels a wee bit more ‘honest’ than that one, like weve done this all by ourselves from scratch.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to What a season
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

2005/06 was the best season in the relatively modern history of the club. Finishing 2nd, winning the cup, Champions league qualifiers. It all came at a price right enough. A price we eventually had to pay. This season just feels a wee bit more ‘honest’ than that one, like weve done this all by ourselves from scratch.

Yeah 2005/06 was a brilliant season, no denying that, but ultimately after that season it was mostly all down hill and it contributed to our already huge debt ,we were in the wrong hands with the owners at that point, this season feels so much better as the club is fan owned and you can see us really kicking on over the next few seasons if we re invest in the playing squad wisely, which I think we will because our recruitment team is so much better than what it was under previous regime's. It's all a bit exciting to see where this team/squad could go.

Worthing Jambo

I think the difference is that this season feels like the start of something rather than a random good season.

9 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yeah 2005/06 was a brilliant season, no denying that, but ultimately after that season it was mostly all down hill and it contributed to our already huge debt ,we were in the wrong hands with the owners at that point, this season feels so much better as the club is fan owned and you can see us really kicking on over the next few seasons if we re invest in the playing squad wisely, which I think we will because our recruitment team is so much better than what it was under previous regime's. It's all a bit exciting to see where this team/squad could go.

😂 you won’t get much more downhill than the hill we went down after 98 which culminated in us nearly losing the club and/or the stadium.

I agree this season looks like it could be repeated and built upon without the rollercoaster financials, as long as we spend this windfall wisely and don’t just think we’ve suddenly got millions for players. it’s got to be sensibly and sustainably built on but we’re unrecognisable from what we were even a year ago.

Edited by JimmyCant

There's an NZ advert on the top of this page from Locksmiths.  It says the following.

"Don't stay locked out for too long"