Does Anyone Know John McCutcheon?

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

im sure Craigmillar Hearts & Portobello Hearts & MHSC would have heard of him,

along with people at the BMC Club, Wheatshief & Station Tavern, Luckies, Stratties,robbo's & tynecastle Arms & anyone in Wheatfield Section B.

He sat row 6, seat 28 for the llast 6 seasons.

Well He was my Uncle John & it is with deep regret that i announce his sad passing on Wednesday night at 23:20.

He had a long hard fought battle with the big C & for the last 2 weeks he was in the Marie Curie Centre at Fairmilehead where he lost his battle with it.

Just to spread the word that this great man has left this cruel world & moved onto pastures new.

His funeral is on Friday 18th at 09:30 at the Sacred Heart Church at Lauriston.

All is Welecome.

Cheers

Ian Henderson (nephew)

Walter Kidd

along with people at the BMC Club, Wheatshief & Station Tavern, Luckies, Stratties,robbo's & tynecastle Arms & anyone in Wheatfield Section B.

Well He was my Uncle John & it is with deep regret that i announce his sad passing on Wednesday night at 23:20.

He had a long hard fought battle with the big C & for the last 2 weeks he was in the Marie Curie Centre at Fairmilehead where he lost his battle with it.

Just to spread the word that this great man has left this cruel world & moved onto pastures new.

All is Welecome.

Cheers

Ian Henderson (nephew)

God bless. RIP.

RIP John my thoughts are with your family.

This should probably be in the Terrace as it may get lost in here.

All is Welecome.

Cheers

Ian Henderson (nephew)

I Knew John very well he lived in niddrie mains and harewood crescent for many years

Sorry to hear of his passing

Auldreekie1874

I knew "McCutch" well from my time with the Craigmillar Hearts.

Sad News

Rip John.

portobellojambo1

RIP John.

Condolences go to all family and friends.

very sad news,knew mccutch well,good guy,some character.i knew he was ill

but never exspected this news.

boy_in_maroon

Sorry to hear this, I used to go to the games during the 1970s with John, & Dode Reid, Jimmy Reid, and a host of other guys from niddrie,

Really sorry to hear of this.

Deepest Symphathy to his family at this time

R.I.P. Big Guy.

this is indeed sad news. i knew john for years, both through porty & craigmillar hearts, a more genuine guy you'd never meet.

my heartfelt condolences to all who knew john.

a true jambo, rest in peace big man.

I've known John for over 30 years, always great company,always had a smile on his face . Had a lot of laughs with McCutch over the years.

I'll be there on friday to pay my respects.

I 've also met yourself many times when you were a wee bit younger Ian.

Rest in Peace, Big Man!!

just remembering a story from years ago,when john was a plumber (of sorts) He was at my work to clear a blocked drain and had ***** up to his armpits,seen a mate of his and promptly walked over and shook his hand to say hello!:pray::pray:

Guest juvehearts
I've known John for over 30 years, always great company,always had a smile on his face . Had a lot of laughs with McCutch over the years.

I'll be there on friday to pay my respects.

I 've also met yourself many times when you were a wee bit younger Ian.

Rest in Peace, Big Man!!

just remembering a story from years ago,when john was a plumber (of sorts) He was at my work to clear a blocked drain and had ***** up to his armpits,seen a mate of his and promptly walked over and shook his hand to say hello!:pray::pray:

Knowing John,

He'd probally go into the canteen & buy a bacon roll & not have thought a thing about it.

Ian.

Imeantasong

Remember him too from my days as a member of the Craigmillar.

Sad news.

Condolences to the family.

Nucky Thompson

I don't know John personally, but I've probably seen him in the Merchie...

R.I.P John.. God bless.

Guest juvehearts

Here is his obituary as in tonights copy of the evening news.

http://announce.jpress.co.uk/833935

McCUTCHEON John (Stenhouse/ Whitson and formerly of Niddrie) Peacefully, after a long illness courageously borne, at the Marie Curie Hospice, on July 9, 2008, John, beloved husband of Edith, a much loved step-father, papa, brother, uncle and great-uncle of the family and friend to many. Service at Saughton Cemetery, on Friday, July 18, at 10.45 am, to which all family and friends are invited.

For all who were going to the service at sacred heart, this has been canclled because of the price of a full mass that he wanted ?4,060.23

Sadly john was brought up as a catholic but thankfuly never thought too much of it as his grandad wasn't.

His church was tynecastle where he went religiously every week, even to see the reserves!

Hope to see you all on friday.

Ian.

Doctor FinnBarr

RIP McCutch.

Remember him well from the 70's and 80's. A few stories will be told some day, what a character.

Broomie Hearts

sad news that

R.I.P McCutch

pass my condolences on to everyone ian pal.

Cheers,

Pep.

Guest juvehearts
Daft Question i know, but where is Saughton Cemetry?

its the one at chesser, hard to find as its at the back of stenhouse mill.

the road its on is chesser Loan.

if you take the 1st right after Quick Fit, you'll come onto chesser grove follow the road around & it'll take you onto chesser loan & its at the end of that.

I cant get a hold of any of the family as theyre comming back from belfast!

so i will post what i know tomorrow.

Cheers

Ian

Bomber Harris

Can't believe it !!!

Known the big guy for years and simply didn't see it coming, only read the obituary today (old news) otherwise i would have missed the service.

Yet again another "Gorgie face" taken away from us, life is an utter bitch with this Big C.

When i was a kid i always sang the "H-I-B-E-R-N-I-A-N The Muppet Men Tra La La La....." ditty, then i heard a story it was the big McCutch who brought it to the terraces, Fact or fiction i don't care i'm awarding the honors to him.

Will miss his welcoming smile and love for the Heart Of Midlothian.

Guest juvehearts
Can't believe it !!!

Known the big guy for years and simply didn't see it coming, only read the obituary today (old news) otherwise i would have missed the service.

Yet again another "Gorgie face" taken away from us, life is an utter bitch with this Big C.

When i was a kid i always sang the "H-I-B-E-R-N-I-A-N The Muppet Men Tra La La La....." ditty, then i heard a story it was the big McCutch who brought it to the terraces, Fact or fiction i don't care i'm awarding the honors to him.

Will miss his welcoming smile and love for the Heart Of Midlothian.

He's told me this story since i was going to hearts games with him since day one.

the 1st one was at home to morton, we drew 1-1 we left at half-time because i wanted to go home.

im thankful for him for 2 things, being a loving caring person & Two for taking me to my 1st hearts game.

tomorrow will be hard for me, so im apologising now for greetin like a bairn when my papa gets put into the ground :(

He also told me about another song that was a right hearts niddrie YNT casual song from the 1970's,

it was the hearts song sung by hector, but re-written.

i went to a party one saturday night,

the wee team were there & they started a fight

if anyone else knows this song, then let me know ;)

Ian

Guest juvehearts

Oh forgot to mention that their will be a wee reception for him at the BMC club after the burrial.

hope everyone comes along for a pint, I know ill need one

cheers

juve (ian)

Known John since the Craigmillar Hearts days of the late 70's.

One game we were at Celtic park and for some reason were parked at the Celtic end... John was having a wee against the bus after the game, a Celtic supporter came along and pushed John, he had to go home with his trouser leg soaked in wee....

RIP JOHN..

Guest juvehearts

One of his best friends from niddrie has asked me to put this on kickback on behalf of him, you may know him, steven boswell.

their was a time they were fighting with hibs casuals in 1987 outside the centre spot (gary mackay's pub) he was holding a bag of his (johns), it was a brand new pair of trousers he threw them at the hibs casuals & one of the deluded barstewards picked up the bag & ran off with them lol

john was not best pleased & set about him lol.

another time with him (recent) me, steven, leah (my cousin) & john were all out drinking after a game at tynecastle, after we won the cup in 06. he leaned over the bar on luckies and stole the pic of elvis with the cup.

then all steaming proceeded to cross saughton park & get to his house. he couldnt find his keys, but that didnt matter as his front was very fragile to say the least.

because his good friend steven was so drunk i had to carry his sorry ass from the park to the front door & enough was enough.

we then picked him up (still sleeping) and rammed his head thru the front door. Throwing him onto the hallway.

you know all he had to say was in a drunken stae was this'' youre all a bunch of cook suckers!)

makes me laugh to this day!

Doctor FinnBarr
He's told me this story since i was going to hearts games with him since day one.

the 1st one was at home to morton, we drew 1-1 we left at half-time because i wanted to go home.

im thankful for him for 2 things, being a loving caring person & Two for taking me to my 1st hearts game.

tomorrow will be hard for me, so im apologising now for greetin like a bairn when my papa gets put into the ground :(

He also told me about another song that was a right hearts niddrie YNT casual song from the 1970's,

it was the hearts song sung by hector, but re-written.

i went to a party one saturday night,

the wee team were there & they started a fight

if anyone else knows this song, then let me know ;)

Ian

I pulled out my razor as quick as a flash, and said William of Orange is back at long last!

Hope that helps.

I remember another time with John. We were in Aberdeen when the supporters buses used to say till midnight (thoses were the days). John was wearing a Hearts tshirt Paris St Germain or something. Realised he could wear it to go in to town at night. Went in to a pub, came out wearing a shirt he had swapped with some old man...Problem solved..:)

RIP Mcutch

New John when we went to Munich on the Porty bus, great laugh.

Will be sadly missed.

BB

Good turn out for John today. Hearts flag on his coffin, played the Hearts song before the service started. Rain started just as service did , John has a nice spot under a tree..

Guest juvehearts
Good turn out for John today. Hearts flag on his coffin, played the Hearts song before the service started. Rain started just as service did , John has a nice spot under a tree..

I thought it was weird that it only started really raining when we started to lower the coffin into the ground & then it went away again when it was finished.

maybe it was johns way of saying ''soak ya bass'' lol.

really goos service & in johns name i ate all the egg mayo sandwiches back at the BMC

The minister (mr henderson) said 'gorgie' wrong too.

Im sure John would have been laughing when the rain started and we got a wee bit wet....

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm taking this back to the top again just in the memory of McCutch, the last time I can remember speaking to him was at Hampden in 86, just rumped by the Cod Heids, and he simply said, that'll be another Sunday I'll not be buying the papers!

I'm sure theres a whack more stories to be told about him so fire in folks.

:)

Archived