Leeds to York

Darren

Anyone know the most cost-effective way to do it?!

My mate just announced he is in Harrogate (I would've nipped up but I've had a few cans and T is on) and fancies a pint tomorrow. Don't fancy the ?10 train if I can avoid it.

A York Hearts man (or lady) must be on?

not sure about fares but yorkshire coastliner has some routes that'll take you from leeds to york and it's bound to be cheaper than the train.

http://www.yorkshirecoastliner.co.uk/times/leeds_malton.asp?busfrom=Leeds&busto=York

Cheers for the reply.

I waddled downstairs from my urban apartment (i.e. box) and located a Coastliner brochure in what is known to the owners of this complex as a reception.

Having browsed the contents, I have discovered that a return to York on the bus is ?7.30 return, taking 1 hour each way. They have a blummin' cheek, the train is ?9.50 return and takes less than that both ways!

(And is still but ?2 less than it costs me to go home to Edinburgh, someone want to explain that?)

After much deliberation I will journey by train to meet my mate I think. And henceforth we just drink in Edinburgh as is our divine right. Would save him A LOT in petrol.

Cheers.

Archived