Csaba Laszlo - Laszlo Csaba?

Castle Magyar

Castle Magyar

I minor point but one worth making.

In Hungary, the family name comes first then the christian name - our manager's name (if we lived in Hungary) is Csaba Laszlo, but here in Scotland it's Laszlo Csaba, similar to John Smith, not Smith John.

Believe is so yesterday, Together is where its at.

:)

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

My understanding is that he is to be known as Csaba Laszlo - i.e. if you were to see him on the street you'd say "Aw right Csaba ya bass!" :)

I minor point but one worth making.

In Hungary, the family name comes first then the christian name - our manager's name (if we lived in Hungary) is Csaba Laszlo, but here in Scotland it's Laszlo Csaba, similar to John Smith, not Smith John.

Believe is so yesterday, Together is where its at.

:)

yep my BELIEVE tshirt has already been edited TOGETHER!!!!!!!:107years:does the trades finish saturday oh aye it must cos hobos will be oot of europe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

tartofmidlothian

From the Scotsman:

"Affable and articulate, Csaba managed to clear one thing up right away ? his name. Despite being known as Laszlo Csaba during his time in Africa he confirmed that "Laszlo" is his family name. "Usually it is a first name but maybe my family is a little bit different," he smiled."

Jam Tarts 1874

I suspect that we are all going to call him "Shabba" anyway (as long as we like him!)

Broxburn_Jambo

However you say it it sounds better than Frail, Malofeev, Rix and Ivanuskas

John Gentleman

Isn't he Romanian? In which case the the given (or Christian) name precedes the family name (same as here).

Doubtless, Magyar will point out to me that he is an ethnic Hungarian, albeit Romanian born.

Territiorial boundaries on the Continent are rather blurred.

tartofmidlothian
Isn't he Romanian? In which case the the given (or Christian) name precedes the family name (same as here).

Doubtless, Magyar will point out to me that he is an ethnic Hungarian, albeit Romanian born.

Apparently he's from Transylvania! Like the Cheeky Girls! Hmm... Romania, I believe?

He was def born in romania, no idea waht that means, but he has a totally hungarian name, csaba is like john in hungarian, pronounced choobo, softly very softlt...tubo ...still to me he rocks and i am 100% behind him:)

Harry Palmer

If you had taken the time to look on the official site you would have read that his first name is Csaba;

And he is Romanian-born (according to BBC), though why not just say Romanian......

His surname arises from one of the GTA games....

tartofmidlothian
And he is Romanian-born (according to BBC), though why not just say Romanian......

He's said himself that he holds German citizenship now.

Castle Magyar

..."Laszlo" is his family name...

I stand corrected, however weird (in these parts) that is.

[quote name=John Gentleman

Doubtless' date=' Magyar will point out to me that he is an ethnic Hungarian, albeit Romanian born.[/quote]

I live in the far eastern part of Hungary, close to the Romanian border - there are many Romanian born folks who live around here but are classed as Hungarian Romanians - with Hungarian passports.

But 'tartofmidlothian' points out, he has German citizenship :confused:

Don't suppose it really matters what his passport, citizenship or family name says, so long as he can manage :)

Captain Lithuania

Well normally on the back of a football shirt it's normally a surname and on the back of a shirt that he was holding it said Csaba, so I assume he wants to be know a Laszlo Csaba.

Well normally on the back of a football shirt it's normally a surname and on the back of a shirt that he was holding it said Csaba, so I assume he wants to be know a Laszlo Csaba.

You assume wrong.

That could easily have been some sort of screw-up by the club. Although not necessarily one they can be criticised for.

But I believe that when he was asked how they should address him, he said 'Csaba, like Mr Loverman'...although that doesn't really help us here any... :biggrin:

scott herbertson
If he is as keen on chess as he says I've possibly already played him on the main internet site ICC ( http://www.chessclub.com/ ) where he probably has a handle. I'll check that out.

Just did a check

No-one calling themselves Csaba but there is a lazslo and interestingly his full username is LazsloC (C for Csaba)

Here's LazsloC's stats which are not too shabby (sic)

Information about LASZLOC (Last disconnected Sun Jul 06 2008 13:08):

rating [need] win loss draw total best

Wild 1163 [6] 1 15 2 18

Loser's 1279 [6] 0 3 0 3

Bughouse 1230 [6] 0 3 0 3

Crazyhouse 1099 [6] 0 2 0 2

Bullet 1273 1030 1219 79 2328 1494 (25-Aug-1999)

Blitz 1283 6624 5810 783 13217 1729 (09-Apr-1999)

Standard 1706 2923 2015 437 5375 1872 (20-Jan-1999)

5-minute 1216 [8] 4 7 2 13

15-minute 1287 [4] 0 2 0 2

A top rating of 1729 at blitz (three minute chess) is good indeed though LazsloC achieved that way back in 1999

Next step, find out when LazloC is online. play him, and in the chat box ask him if he's Hungarian or if he's ever been to Africa.....

;)

Just did a check

No-one calling themselves Csaba but there is a lazslo and interestingly his full username is LazsloC (C for Csaba)

Here's LazsloC's stats which are not too shabby (sic)

Information about LASZLOC (Last disconnected Sun Jul 06 2008 13:08):

rating [need] win loss draw total best

Wild 1163 [6] 1 15 2 18

Loser's 1279 [6] 0 3 0 3

Bughouse 1230 [6] 0 3 0 3

Crazyhouse 1099 [6] 0 2 0 2

Bullet 1273 1030 1219 79 2328 1494 (25-Aug-1999)

Blitz 1283 6624 5810 783 13217 1729 (09-Apr-1999)

Standard 1706 2923 2015 437 5375 1872 (20-Jan-1999)

5-minute 1216 [8] 4 7 2 13

15-minute 1287 [4] 0 2 0 2

A top rating of 1729 at blitz (three minute chess) is good indeed though LazsloC achieved that way back in 1999

Next step, find out when LazloC is online. play him, and in the chat box ask him if he's Hungarian or if he's ever been to Africa.....

;)

Excellent stalking.

Make sure you report back with your findings, Sherlock. ;)

I suspect that we are all going to call him "Shabba" anyway (as long as we like him!)

Does this mean at games we are all going to do Peter Kay impersonations:

Shabba

allystrachan
if you were to see him on the street you'd say "Aw right Csaba ya bass!" :)

lol i will have to remember and say this to him if i ever see him! ha ha!

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

He should be known as "Gaffer" or "Boss".

Hearing the players refer to Frail as "Shaggy" in public was cringeworthy.

Hopefully the new "Gaffer" demands their respect from day one and it sounds as if he already has.

Guest jambomickey
He should be known as "Gaffer" or "Boss".

Hearing the players refer to Frail as "Shaggy" in public was cringeworthy.

Hopefully the new "Gaffer" demands their respect from day one and it sounds as if he already has.

ditto

Archived