Feel Good Factor Back

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

Is it just me or is the feel good factor coming back to tynie, all we need now is maybe 4 & 5 players coming in with a bit of quality roll on the new season.

Grumpy.

A few good signings would go down a treat.

I reckon we could do with about 4 decent additions.

winston churchill
A few good signings would go down a treat.

I reckon we could do with about 4 decent additions.

hopefully shabs has his eye on two strikers.

hopefully shabs has his eye on two strikers.

Can't argue with that. Possibly even three. Not much wrong with our defence and midfield but must easily have the worst forward line in the league.

winston churchill
Can't argue with that. Possibly even three. Not much wrong with our defence and midfield but must easily have the worst forward line in the league.

glen-mole-billy elliot:eek:.

glen-mole-billy elliot:eek:.

You'd be better with me up front. Especially after that belter I scored on Thursday!

Smoked-Glass
Is it just me or is the feel good factor coming back to tynie, all we need now is maybe 4 & 5 players coming in with a bit of quality roll on the new season.

Grumpy.

it's just you. I don't feel so good. We haven't made any progress really we are just back to 0 having come from -2

J.T.F.Robertson

Grumpy.

I confess to feeling more upbeat, but as Jimmy Ruffin once sang, "I've passed this way before". :rolleyes: I aint countin' any chickens yet.

P.S. You'd have to change your username, as well. ;)

Not really for me. Capitalising losses is a good bit of punishment for UBIG's cavalier way that they have run the finances at Hearts. And it might make it easier to get a new owner.

And I am very much underwhelmed with the new manager - perhaps the new Valdas. But we shall see, and I will be happy if that first impression is wrong. It won't be difficult to see improvement if he can improve things.

john brownlee

Grumpy.

Yeeeessssssss

If your are not already on the happy train join me and lets travel. The que for STs is getting longer( thou I suspect not in your case but watching games on Hearts World is ok by me Because I will be joining you in a few years unless of course we get a conservative government before this country really goes down the tubes

come on the Mighty JTs

Jam Tarts 1874
Not really for me. Capitalising losses is a good bit of punishment for UBIG's cavalier way that they have run the finances at Hearts. And it might make it easier to get a new owner.

And I am very much underwhelmed with the new manager - perhaps the new Valdas. But we shall see, and I will be happy if that first impression is wrong. It won't be difficult to see improvement if he can improve things.

Just demonstrates that you know as little about football as you do about finance.

Coco - 10 years on KB - surely KB's longest running :hobofish:

Just demonstrates that you know as little about football as you do about finance.

Coco - 10 years on KB - surely KB's longest running :hobofish:

:rofl:

portobellojambo1

Grumpy.

Certainly a feel better factor now exists.

With the addition of a few players (2/3 in my opinion, we need a goalscorer, a wide right player (a la Colquhoun) and a right back) we could pull things back together, if the manager gets to manage.

Anyway, the Summer is over, football is back (temporarily) Monday night, time to pack the bag and start the journey to Belfast.

Graeme Russell

The way he was talking yesterday looks like the young guys are going to

get their chance if they proove good enough. Look forward to see if Branny,

Copil, Rapnik and Tempelton climb the pecking order next season. Several

new experienced players are also needed to bolster the first team squad.

Hope we at long last get a decent striker who will actually realise what a

great job he has playing football and getting paid for it. :)

jamboinglasgow

I think you are right, think the young players on the fringe should realise that they have a coach who will play them if they work hard. Like to see Rapnik come on off the bench a few times and also think that players like Jonsson, Driver and berra could be used a young basis to a team (and possibly Glen.)

As for Copil, think this appointment is great for him, having a manager who can speak his language will help him no end and if Copil pushes himself then he has as much chance as any of getting into the first team (if only sub appearances._The guy will be also able to put an arm round him to help him.

Its more of a "feeling slightly better" factor for me. I will be interested to see team selections and who comes and goes. As long as Romanov is at the club I think its difficult to feel "good".

However, if he was able to let people do their jobs then you never know.

Not really for me.

I am at least "whelmed". The guy at least has a football managers CV with an idea of what it takes to win things and I suspect that it will always not be pretty ... who knows he might be the new Levein?

It is a nap that he will bring in players after seeing what we he has as a squad on Monday.

I am at least "whelmed". The guy at least has a football managers CV with an idea of what it takes to win things and I suspect that it will always not be pretty ... who knows he might be the new Levein?

It is a nap that he will bring in players after seeing what we he has as a squad on Monday.

Valdas had a decent managerial record and used to say the sorts of things that people wanted to hear. From Wikipedia, Valdas had a good footballing background.

Valdas Ivanauskas (born July 31' date=' 1966 in Kaunas) is the former Head Coach of Hearts football club and a former football striker from Lithuania. He played 28 international matches and scored 8 goals for the national team, and also played 5 matches for the Soviet Union between 1988 and 1990.

Ivanauskas started his playing career and soon became a regular with ** ?algiris, a club that was a respected member of the old Soviet Premier Division. Ivanauskas spent the 1985 season in the Second Division with CSKA Moscow, but then he returned to ?algiris. However, in season 1990, he played in the Second Division for Lokomotiv Moscow after ?algiris decided to transfer to the new Lithuanian League.

In November 1990 he moved abroad to play for Austria Vienna, where he was hugely successful with 52 goals in 122 games during which he was twice the leading scorer in the League. As a result, Valdas helped Austria to win three successive Championships and in June 1992, the Lithuanian striker scored the only goal of the Cup Final against Admira Wacker.

In July 1993 he moved to Germany and became the first Lithuanian to play in the German Bundesliga, playing 100 matches for Hamburger SV between 1993 and 1997 and scoring 17 goals. He was also a hero in his homeland and was voted Lithuanian Footballer of the year in 1990, 1991, 1993 and 1994.

In the summer of 1997 he moved back to Austria, and signed for SV Salzburg, where he spent two seasons including a spell at St. P?lten before ending his career at a German Regional League side SV Wilhelmshaven in July 1999. Two years later the 35-year old striker had a season with BV Cloppenburg where he retired for good in June 2002.

Since retiring he has acquired a UEFA Professional Coaching Licence in Germany and in 2003 started his manager career when he became assistant manager of the Lithuanian national team. The same year Ivanauskas also took caretaker position in ** Vėtra, and was later appointed on a permanent basis. In 2004 season Ivanauskas led ** Vėtra to its first ever Intertoto Cup third-round appearance, eliminating Tony Mowbray's revitalised Hibernian side, but resigned in August citing personal problems and that he was too occupied with his job in the national team. However in just a couple of weeks time he took over at FBK Kaunas and led the club to Lithuanian championship title and Lithuanian Cup victory.[/quote']

I'm going to wait to see improvement on the field before getting carried away.

Totally agree with you on this, I'd love to see more young players getting a chance-Rapnik being one of those. We really need to get in a couple of good creative players if we have none in the youth teams and at least one proven Goalscorer, 2 if we can get them.

Very happy that at last we seem to be moving in the right direction-Welcome Mr Csaba, lets hope the moaning ******** supporting our club give you a chance. ;)

grumpyespana

I was screaming out for Frail to give the young guns at least twenty mins playing time when we were in the bottom six, but no he played the same old rubbish week in week out.

Grumpy.

Father Tiresias

Grumpy.

I spoke with several fans last night in the local pub and whilst there was no real 'feel good factor' there was cautious optimism.

The 'feel good factor' will only really return with good early season performances.

hooray, we have a 'proper' manager again. I just hope he does'nt want to kill the club like the last one!

It's another step but I don't want to get my hopes up until a few months down the line. I hope by then he will have been allowed some freedom to mould the side in his own way. What we do in the trasfer market is key for me. It won't be real progress until we cut the dross and cut the favouritism and focus on talent and passion, make HMFC a meritocracy again!

P.S Don't sing his name ;)

I was screaming out for Frail to give the young guns at least twenty mins playing time when we were in the bottom six, but no he played the same old rubbish week in week out.

Grumpy.

I think we all wanted more younger guys getting a chance when we had very little left to play for last season.

Obvious highlights in the last few games were Glen,Thomson and McGowan,

Benchtime places for Rapnik,Ridgers and Husband

Token gesture of Robinson to be able to say 'He was the youngest ever player'- (Debatable whether he should have had his chance before others though)

More breakthroughs this season Mr Csaba :)

Archived