Media's Fanatical Obsession with Romanov ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

What is it with the media's fanatical obsession with Romanov ?

Csaba spotted this instantly after a few minutes in his first press conference

We all know by now Vlad is a loony

Hans von Luck

IMO he dealt with all the Vlad questions very well, some of those press monkeys actually forgot that this was about us appointing a manager.

Peanuts and bananas to them all.

Hate to be repetative here but Vlad views the OF with the contempt that they deserve. Whatever we may think of his running of our club, he has them sussed out and did so very early on as well.

The medias interest (commercially) is the OF.

They love the fact that he is a basket case because they can easily dismiss his valid points amidst the bull ***** he talks.

It's just more throwing ***** under the carpet from the Glasgow media.

It really is that simple.

Hate to be repetative here but Vlad views the OF with the contempt that they deserve. Whatever we may think of his running of our club, he has them sussed out and did so very early on as well.

They love the fact that he is a basket case because they can easily dismiss his valid points amidst the bull ***** he talks.

good post

zicoinexile

Simple - they are obsessed with him because he makes their job easy.

A few soundbites and mad ramblings and they're away......

Some people get quite upset about it - personally I just think you should ignore the lot of them.

Csaba handled their "obsession" quite well considering it was his first press conference I thought. From what I have heard so far, I like him. :)

Correctomundo - that press conference was frankly embarrassing.

The press didn't behave like monkeys more like snakes in the grass.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Csaba 'Hello'

Hack 'Mr Romanov he's a nutter isn't he@

Csaba 'This is the biggest day of career can we not talk about Football'

Hack 'But don't you realise Mr Romanov he's Russian - we don't like Jonny foreigners'

Csaba ' You guys need to grow up this is the 21st century you xenophobic cave men'

I honestly hope Csaba sees an IRA/Orange March at the weekend and decides to leave the circus that is Scotland. That press conference brought shame on the people of Scotland.

Vlad does make their job easy to be fair with some of the things he comes out with

But i'v now stopped buying the papers,as you get all the news you need from kickback and the papers are a day late with their news anyway

That press conference brought shame on the people of Scotland.

I must admit, after about the ninth question about Romanov I thought to myself that it was incredibly disrespectful towards the Shabbaman.

Typical Weegie gutter press really.

john brownlee

Because they are scared we will break the duoply

Yep and he put them in their place (Mr Romanov is not here to answer you questions) "its my interview talk about me"

No, Just you and the others that believe what the above press write about him. Which owner has split the squirm and won the cup in the last ten years since it was last won by a team out side the weegi ****,

They hate us and Mr Romanov because they are scared we might become a 1st force in scotland. you wait and see the problems we will have with signing players and work permits in the coming year. I dont even want to go on about the problems we will encounter with the refs and the gfa. but hey it not going to be easy but lets give it a try.

come get behind him and Mr Romanov we love nothing better than to be one up on the squirm and the weegie press and of course the pretenders frae leif

Smoked-Glass

cause it makes a good story. Always the same with the papers

:mad:

As simple as you have said, it is easy to suss our boy out. It has been done for the last 4 years but no matter what positive vibes come from us , if there is perceived crap, the west coast meeja , will pounce. No matter what we come up with (including champions league winners), we do not have the media power of the great unwashed and never will.

Sheriff Fatman

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2392208.0.Laszlo_ready_for_the_challenge_of_Tynecastle_job.php

Laszlo has accepted the position without meeting Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, but hopes the pair can work closely to deliver success for the Edinburgh club.

I was quite suprised about this bit. It sounds like it was CO and the guys at Hearts that talked to him and persuaded him to sign, rather than Vlad. What suprises me the most is it sounds like Vlad left it to people who know football.

zicoinexile
http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2392208.0.Laszlo_ready_for_the_challenge_of_Tynecastle_job.php

I was quite suprised about this bit. It sounds like it was CO and the guys at Hearts that talked to him and persuaded him to sign, rather than Vlad. What suprises me the most is it sounds like Vlad left it to people who know football.

Great news if your take on this is true. Could the mad one at last be seeing the error of his ways?

Incidentally, these quotes were not from the interview I watched on Hearts World - will be interesting to see how many of them are picked up by the rest of the media.

Whilst there is an insane megalomaniac in charge, I think it is fair that the media have an interest. Thats their job.

The way to stop the interest is to stop having an insane megalomaniac in charge.

Amidst the joyous celebrations meeting the appointment of some no-mark from Uganadan football, is it not worth pondering the fact that this appointment is NOTHING like what was promised?

The straw clutching is depressing in the extreme. I still say that the future is deeply bleak

zicoinexile
I still say that the future is deeply bleak

I suggest you move away from West Lothian then. ;)

What was it that we were "promised"?

I suggest you move away from West Lothian then. ;)

What was it that we were "promised"?

How about a knowledge of the British game?

And West Lothian is very nice

Sheriff Fatman
Amidst the joyous celebrations meeting the appointment of some no-mark from Uganadan football, is it not worth pondering the fact that this appointment is NOTHING like what was promised?

My geography must be awful, I never realised Borussia M?nchengladbach, the Hungarian National team, and Ferencvaros Budapest were in Uganda.

zicoinexile

Dont think so - we were not "promised" someone with knowledge of the British game although it would have been "preferable". Our candidate with that particular attribute chose to stay at Motherwell.

Having been born in West Lothian and lived there for 20 plus years, you and I obviously have different perceptions of "very nice". ;)

You could also ask what is Romanov's fascination with the Media?

Since he joined his pathetic mini-war on the newspapers has somewhat deflected attention away from what a totally abysmal job he has done. The press will naturally have to write about Romanov bacause he is such a freak, and brings alot of attention upon himself with his peculiar and bizarre behaviour. If they didn't talk about it it would be very weird and we'd have lots of threads asking "why are the weegie press ignoring Romanov"?

Dont think so - we were not "promised" someone with knowledge of the British game although it would have been "preferable". Our candidate with that particular attribute chose to stay at Motherwell.

Having been born in West Lothian and lived there for 20 plus years, you and I obviously have different perceptions of "very nice". ;)

You must live in Whitburn then

zicoinexile
You must live in Whitburn then

Not even close mate - wouldn't go back to West Lothian for a king's ransom though.

Only a Game

Scottish Football is full of grey men with grey faces and an annual repetitive acceptance of Old Firm dominance. (I think this was what VR meant by the Scottish football mafia and coaches not being able to rise above it)

Romanov is none of those things and offers them something different to anyone else in the Scottish game.

You could say of course that Romanov could and should have played the whole media card a little cleverer and he might have had them eating out of his hand.

Francis Albert

He speaks near perfect English despite a strong European accent????

What exactly is a European accent? And why is it an impediment to speaking perfect English? Can't you speak perfect English with a Glasgow or Edinburgh or Yorkshire accent? Indeed aren't all those places "European"?

Only a Game
He speaks near perfect English despite a strong European accent????

What exactly is a European accent? And why is it an impediment to speaking perfect English? Can't you speak perfect English with a Glasgow or Edinburgh or Yorkshire accent? Indeed aren't all those places "European"?

He doesnt actually speak perfect English in any case. He had to ask what the word "target" meant.

He does speak decent English though and some of his pronounciations are actually quite funny. Suk sis for example.

His English is way better than my German/Hungarian/Romanian before anyone asks.

We were badly let-down by a manager with " a knowledge of the British game", so we were obliged to hastily re-assess that particular criterion.

Your disparaging remarks about our new manager are unwarranted and inaccurrate.

I, like many, am impressed by him and his C.V., initially at least, and, unlike you, I am willing to give him a chance.

You are, however, correct about West Lothian. I was born and brought up there.

Francis Albert
He doesnt actually speak perfect English in any case. He had to ask what the word "target" meant.

He does speak decent English though and some of his pronounciations are actually quite funny. Suk sis for example.

His English is way better than my German/Hungarian/Romanian before anyone asks.

Pronunciations. (Sorry!)

Whilst there is an insane megalomaniac in charge, I think it is fair that the media have an interest. Thats their job.

The way to stop the interest is to stop having an insane megalomaniac in charge.

The straw clutching is depressing in the extreme. I still say that the future is deeply bleak

Have you ever met Vlad before or are you a qualified mental health professional that you can tell from afar that he is an insane meglomaniac?? Also appears that you are West Lothian's answer to Mystic Meg.

Only a Game
Pronunciations. (Sorry!)

I knew it didnt look right, just couldnt be ersed checking;)

Jam Tarts 1874

Correctomundo - that press conference was frankly embarrassing.

The press didn't behave like monkeys more like snakes in the grass.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Csaba 'Hello'

Hack 'Mr Romanov he's a nutter isn't he@

Csaba 'This is the biggest day of career can we not talk about Football'

Hack 'But don't you realise Mr Romanov he's Russian - we don't like Jonny foreigners'

Csaba ' You guys need to grow up this is the 21st century you xenophobic cave men'

I honestly hope Csaba sees an IRA/Orange March at the weekend and decides to leave the circus that is Scotland. That press conference brought shame on the people of Scotland.

Nice post. I do worry that Csaba will eventually find it hard to comprehend the parochial attitudes that many people have in Scotland, especially on football matters.

Unfortunately your comment about the press being 21st century xenophobic cavemen also applies to a number of regular posters on this forum.

Archived