• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Fozzyonthefence

• dobmisterdobster

Just now, ri Alban said:

He's an overrated prick. And hopefully he'll be snapped in two, when we pump them.

Here we go.  :biggrin:

I wish we had some ‘over-rated pricks’.  

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's an overrated prick. And hopefully he'll be snapped in two, when we pump them.

Aye overrated he’s only worth 300k a week 🤣

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Here we go.  :biggrin:

I wish we had some ‘over-rated pricks’.  

True, but how would you react if he was unwell to play for Hearts and then he's fit to fir Wales? A prick of lad and who has a ponytail in their thirties or 2022.

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

Plenty on big money. He thinks he's and so do other muppets, in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi. Hence the overrated opinion. Anyway, he an utter prick if man and if I was a club  team mate I'd get arrested if he treated my teammates the way he does.

Scotland got Austria in a friendly on Tuesday.    That might have looked weird if Wales got knocked out.    We would have been preparing to play Austria in a friendly against Austria. 

Suppose we still have to wait anyway. 

dobmisterdobster
Just now, HMFC01 said:

Scotland got Austria in a friendly on Tuesday.    That might have looked weird if Wales got knocked out.    We would have been preparing to play Austria in a friendly against Austria. 

The friendly was going to be against whoever lost the Wales/Austria match. It's another Ukrainian fundraiser I think.

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

If Austria had won tonight we would be playing Wales on Tuesday 

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

The friendly was going to be against whoever lost the Wales/Austria match. It's another Ukrainian fundraiser I think.

Just now, cookieboy said:

If Austria had won tonight we would be playing Wales on Tuesday 

That did cross my mind.    I missed the Intel on that one.   

Fundraising sounds a good idea. 

5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I hope so.

These poor folk need all the help they can get.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I don’t care about Gareth Bales wages, or his hair-do.

He’s a great player.

now he is only a great player when playing for wales, does not care about real madrid

I rate Gareth Bale as one of the greatest players I have ever seen.  His performance in one of Real's Champions League finals for just one example was from a different planet.  

I also love the fact that he treasures playing for Wales.

Superstar in my book.

SectionDJambo
49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ridiculous if we have to wait. Not our fault, nor Ukraine's I know, that they can't fulfil fixture. 

If they can't play by June, then they should be withdrawing from play offs.

FFS, Willie Miller blaming Gordon for Polish guy diving. Miller is a ****ing dinosaur who should be put to rest and taken off the radio.

Very few people take anything that Willie Miller says about football seriously. Exceptions include Richard Gordon and Dave Cormack, and there’s an obvious reason for that.

Dave Cormack thinks he’s the best football pundit in Scotland 😂.

Miller, and Bonnar for that matter, should have been shuffled out the door years ago. I hope they come cheap for the BBC. Any other payment over a free half time Bovril and pie is too much. They’re good comedy value though, especially when Aberdeen and Celtic lose.

Incidentally, older viewers will remember auld Wullie’s involvement in getting Scotland knocked out of the World Cup finals when he, and Hansen, gifted the Russians a goal. Now that was reckless.

1 hour ago, Aaron78 said:

Willie Miller:

Craig Gordon comes out, doesn't get the ball, throws his leg out. It's a disappointing end.

WTF is he on about. Absolute clown. Never a penalty in a million years. 

He's an irrelevant, slavering wankpot. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Gordon rushed off his line and made himself big to block the shot that was about to come. Then the boy just decides to fall over without any contact.

Nothing about it was reckless or “throwing a leg out”.

This. Somehow, I don't think CG got to this stage in his career being reckless. He knew exactly what he was doing, he did it properly. The boy dived. Ref bought it.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Thing is, we can’t really say anything without looking like utterly insensitive dicks here. Hopefully FIFA look at both sides of the argument and get this dealt with quickly and impose a deadline. We can’t really be expected to wait until October, neither can Wales.

I was Whatsapp'ing with the boys back home earlier, they all say the same. It's an absolute travesty what is going on, but at some point FIFA have to call it to avoid a hurricane of shit piling up later in the year. No-one's going to feel good about it, I certainly won't. But as I said, a call has to get made unless the alternative is either postponing the tournament, or just giving Russia's forfeited place to Ukraine. It'll never happen, and I know it might be seen as wrong, but I don't think anyone would really hold a grudge against Ukraine for it. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Piatek most likely learned to dive at Fiorentina.   Then again maybe they signed him for his diving talent. 

Hibs will be looking to get him on loan. 

Shame McGin didn't go down when he had the chance.   Probably more of a penalty. 

Massively off topic: I took soon-to-be-Mrs Trotter to Florence a few years ago. Picked up a Fiorentina shirt whilst I was there. Two reasons: it was purple and I like purple; and their sponsor was (might still be) Save The Children. So I have matching JTs/Fiorentina shirts for that season. Think they'll both go up on the wall next to my squad + Boab signed 2014-15 one. 

Edited by trotter

57 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Will Craig Gordon get the same flak as a certain keeper did for seemingly making the wrong decisions? 

IMG_20200605_193307.jpg

Who gave Zlamal flack? It seemed a pretty universal response from Hearts fans that we'd been cheated by a blatant dive. But go ahead with your own fanciful narrative... 

Plus that dive possibly cost us a Scottish cup whereas tonight's cheating cost us a win in a friendly national game. Not really comparing apples with apples is it? 

Edited by Aaron78

17 minutes ago, trotter said:

This. Somehow, I don't think CG got to this stage in his career being reckless. He knew exactly what he was doing, he did it properly. The boy dived. Ref bought it.

I was Whatsapp'ing with the boys back home earlier, they all say the same. It's an absolute travesty what is going on, but at some point FIFA have to call it to avoid a hurricane of shit piling up later in the year. No-one's going to feel good about it, I certainly won't. But as I said, a call has to get made unless the alternative is either postponing the tournament, or just giving Russia's forfeited place to Ukraine. It'll never happen, and I know it might be seen as wrong, but I don't think anyone would really hold a grudge against Ukraine for it. 

Massively off topic: I took soon-to-be-Mrs Trotter to Florence a few years ago. Picked up a Fiorentina shirt whilst I was there. Two reasons: it was purple and I like purple; and their sponsor was (might still be) Save The Children. So I have matching JTs/Fiorentina shirts for that season. Think they'll both go up on the wall next to my squad + Boab signed 2014-15 one. 

I like their strip colours.   Always recognisable versus whichever team they play.    Sounds like a rare find having STC on them.    You might get lucky and find some other  club strips you can add to your collection. 

All the best getting married.    I think I've read that right.  ☺ 

jamboinglasgow
50 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Its the wage which caused a lot of his problems at Real Madrid. When he first arrived at Madrid, that season he was used by the press and fans as a surrogate for anger they had against Perez. They could not have a go at Perez directly as he kept Real Madrid buying so many big players, so they picked on a big player that Perez signed.

Obviously he then did well. So Real Madrid offered him a massive new contract which Bale signed, then immediately Real Madrid got buyers remorse and have tried everything to get him to leave rather than pay him a huge wage. However Bale (quite rightly) has decided he is happy at Madrid and wants them to honour the full contract. Just a mess.

6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I like their strip colours.   Always recognisable versus whichever team they play.    Sounds like a rare find having STC on them.    You might get lucky and find some other  club strips you can add to your collection. 

All the best getting married.    I think I've read that right.  ☺ 

I need to ask her first haha.

Excuse the crushing, its been at the bottom of a drawer for a while. Material is weird too, its not cotton, but its defintely not that weird dri-fit stuff either. Stunning colour though. Not a common colour world-wide.20220324-182840.jpg

I was at Anfield for the Hand of Joe penalty in the last WC playoff in 1977.  Went down from uni.  No tickets, we broke into ground by acetylene torching a chain link fence.   White van we travelled down in was borrowed from a builder.

Colombia game on Freesports. 

I had Italy to win 1-0. Portugal to win 2-1 earlier 😢   got Wales  though  🎇 

Got Brazil 2-1 and Colombia 1-0 🤞

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Plenty on big money. He thinks he's and so do other muppets, in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi. Hence the overrated opinion. Anyway, he an utter prick if man and if I was a club  team mate I'd get arrested if he treated my teammates the way he does.

In no way at am I referring to his character or otherwise only his ability and his ability is world class 

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its the wage which caused a lot of his problems at Real Madrid. When he first arrived at Madrid, that season he was used by the press and fans as a surrogate for anger they had against Perez. They could not have a go at Perez directly as he kept Real Madrid buying so many big players, so they picked on a big player that Perez signed.

Obviously he then did well. So Real Madrid offered him a massive new contract which Bale signed, then immediately Real Madrid got buyers remorse and have tried everything to get him to leave rather than pay him a huge wage. However Bale (quite rightly) has decided he is happy at Madrid and wants them to honour the full contract. Just a mess.

As you say he has every right to see out his deal

Real Madrid gave him the deal he took it and he has gave them plenty back whether they think reflects on the wages he gets is irrelevant

In my opinion the man is world class 

SectionDJambo
23 minutes ago, trotter said:

Excuse the crushing, its been at the bottom of a drawer for a while. Material is weird too, its not cotton, but its defintely not that weird dri-fit stuff either. Stunning colour though. Not a common colour world-wide.20220324-182840.jpg

I’m fairly certain that I remember someone telling me that the Fiorentina top was quite expensive to buy, which had put him off buying it, despite it being very nice.

True?

33 minutes ago, trotter said:

Something in the back of my head that the colour purple signified a link to the Catholic church.  Certainly does in Benelux.

19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m fairly certain that I remember someone telling me that the Fiorentina top was quite expensive to buy, which had put him off buying it, despite it being very nice.

True?

It was two or three years ago, but I vaguely remember it as €60-70 or so? Not cheap admittedly, but not ruinously expensive either.

10 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Something in the back of my head that the colour purple signified a link to the Catholic church.  Certainly does in Benelux.

It may very well do, Florence has a whole bunch of (very beautiful) churches/cathedrals scattered all around. Italy i do believe is a predominantly Catholic country, so that doesnt surprise me. My decision was based simply on a) I like purple, b) I'm in Florence, and c) they have (had?) the same sponsors as us. Im not a good shopper :rofl:

Quick Google says their original colours were that of their badge red and  white with some black.    When they washed the strips one day the colours ran and mixed to  create the purple that you see today.   They stuck with it apparently.  ☺ 

Brazil 2-0, Colombia 1-0.   I'm half-way there 😘 

I was struggling to believe that Italy were out of the world cup, now I've just read that they didn't qualify for the last one either.

I'm now struggling to believe that as well.

They're hibsing the world cup.  😂

Since their eurocup win they have lost interest it looks like.   Just plodding along.   There is a chance they could win the confederation Cup , maybe. 

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Will Craig Gordon get the same flak as a certain keeper did for seemingly making the wrong decisions? 

IMG_20200605_193307.jpg

In a charity friendly, of similar entertainment to Soccer Aid, where Piatek clearly dived to win a last second penalty?

Aye, totally the same :rofl:

Mad Gordon oot!!! Boooooo!!!!!

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Colombia game on Freesports. 

I had Italy to win 1-0. Portugal to win 2-1 earlier 😢   got Wales  though  🎇 

Got Brazil 2-1 and Colombia 1-0 🤞

0 for 0 other than the Wales game.   Not even close in the South American games!

Your bookie must be chuffed :lol: 

2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Who gave Zlamal flack? It seemed a pretty universal response from Hearts fans that we'd been cheated by a blatant dive. But go ahead with your own fanciful narrative... 

Plus that dive possibly cost us a Scottish cup whereas tonight's cheating cost us a win in a friendly national game. Not really comparing apples with apples is it? 

From the second the Hearts fan at the game showed me his phone and the highlight of the incident I've raged and shouted high from the roof top that Hearts were cheated that day, I know for a fact Willie Collum knows he was fooled by that diving prick and I think the majority know we were cheated but there is still a decent amount of fans who blame Zlamal... I certainly don't 

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

In a charity friendly, of similar entertainment to Soccer Aid, where Piatek clearly dived to win a last second penalty?

Regardless of the status of the game, it has to be a win, no room for pussy footing or nambi pambi attitudes from my corner.

Scotland were cheated, Craig Gordon was cheated, Heart of Midlothian were cheated, Bobby Zlamal was cheated. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, trotter said:

That is a thing of beauty 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, dannymack said:

From the second the Hearts fan at the game showed me his phone and the highlight of the incident I've raged and shouted high from the roof top that Hearts were cheated that day, I know for a fact Willie Collum knows he was fooled by that diving prick and I think the majority know we were cheated but there is still a decent amount of fans who blame Zlamal... I certainly don't 

I think the blame lies with the two CHs, Zlamal a bit, Gollum also but mostly with that huge heid diving ***** who’s career will go down the drain with any luck. 
Zlamal should’ve saved the penalty.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Don't remember seeing that close up photo.  Where was the actual penalty offence?  Neither Hearts player is touching him.

I have some sympathy for the ref being fooled by a dive.  Interesting that a poster on here says that Collum was angry when he saw the footage again and realised the player had dived.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

I'm pretty sure it's at least double that. 🤑

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

Regardless of the status of the game, it has to be a win, no room for pussy footing or nambi pambi attitudes from my corner.

Scotland were cheated, Craig Gordon was cheated, Heart of Midlothian were cheated, Bobby Zlamal was cheated. 

spot on.  Zlamal never touched that ***** either

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Italy :rofl:

Gareth Bale :notworthy:    Great player, much maligned by many.  :lol: 

Brilliant, isn’t it?

And Bale is a brilliant player and gets it right up the Madrid tossers. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'm pretty sure it's at least double that. 🤑

That’s what I mean he’s only worth half his wage 🤣

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, trotter said:

Your first line is poetic.

Totally agree with the rest - very awkward. 

And congrats on your upcoming nuptials 🥂 

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

Wasn't sure at the game what had happened. Pretty certain I thought Zlamal had made an a***e of it, though was still very proud of how we'd played and on the walk back to the bus when I heard Lennon had been made permanent I thought that was hilarious. 

Once I saw the replays back it was blatantly obvious we'd once again been victims of a horrendous price of cheating by player and ref alike...we really should be owners of 2 additional Scottish cups from the past few years... 

10 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Willie Miller:

Craig Gordon comes out, doesn't get the ball, throws his leg out. It's a disappointing end.

WTF is he on about. Absolute clown. Never a penalty in a million years. 

Willie Miller probably realises that’s Craig Gordon level with him at number 10 in the all time caps chart. He’ll be gagging on CG being dropped cos if Big Craig takes any part in next Tuesday, Willie is no longer in top 10. 
Top 5 in CG’s sights? Paul McStay is 5th on 76, CG currently on 65. Qualifying for Qatar would help the big man’s cause. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Ex member of the SaS

Throwing a spanner in the works, was the penalty not given for the push in the back by the defender rather than Gordon's non touch? I know he was going down but it could be the ref thought it was more of a shove than it was.

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Throwing a spanner in the works, was the penalty not given for the push in the back by the defender rather than Gordon's non touch? I know he was going down but it could be the ref thought it was more of a shove than it was.

I suppose we can console ourselves that the penalty decision would have been overturned in a competitive match by VAR. 

If ever there was a case of a clear and obvious error by a referee this was it.