Rolling Stones Tour '22

Pele_Is_God

Pele_Is_God

New European tour announced this morning including dates in Liverpool and London. I've never actually seen them live but they are on my bucket list. Tempted to maybe go to Milan!

Anyone here got tickets booked? Any chance of a Scottish date?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Saw them in 1990 and couldn't have imagined then that they would still be going 30+ years later.

Likewise !

I thought they were past it then ! 😂

Good gig mind.

32 years ago ! Sheesh !

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

New European tour announced this morning including dates in Liverpool and London. I've never actually seen them live but they are on my bucket list. Tempted to maybe go to Milan!

I've seen them twice. The Steel Wheels Tour at Wembley stadium and then in 2003 in a Twickenham gig that had had to be rescheduled due to illness.

The latter was one of the most disappointing gigs I've been to. It was probably low energy as Mick and Ronnie had just had to get out of bed and stumble down the hill from Richmond; the best bit of the whole set was when Malcolm and Angus Young joined them on stage for a bluesy jam. Coming out at the end, I heard someone saying, "that'll probably be the last time we see them." I agreed but I think that we were coming at that statement from different angles. Chuck in that those tickets cost £85 and you won't get 2022 tix for less than £200; I think I'll stick to my part of that bargain.

I understand why they're a bucket list band; I'd try to make an effort to see them if I hadn't already done so. Probably a good idea to try to catch them somewhere like Milan as there'll be a wider experience to enjoy.

Seen them in 2018 at Murrayfield to tick them off the bucket list and they were superb, their tickets are too rich for me to ever see them again

OmiyaHearts
22 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

I seen them at Murrayfield in 1999(?) Bridges to Babylon tour. Even though I only know their big hits, I had a great time and they were fantastic. Defo a band any music fan would want to see live, if the opportunity is there.

Amazing they're still at it.