Dunblane

iantjambo

8 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

😳 I can even remember where I was working that day😳Poor wee scones RIPπŸ˜”

Same. One those moments where you knew exactly where you were when you heard the news.

17 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I know I was being selfish,but I gave my kids a extra cuddle when I got home.πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

I was childless at the time. You wouldn’t have been the only person to do that though mate 😞 

Sent shock waves around the world.

Β 

It's hard to believe that it was 26 years ago.Β  Those wee bairns would now be adults, most with kids of their own.Β Β 

A lovely and thoughtful thread from you, Ian.

Β 

I can’t believe it’s been that long.

Β 

Your thread makes me think of β€˜Bright Eyes’.

Β 

You'll know what I mean.

Β 

Morgs

33 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A lovely and thoughtful thread from you, Ian.

Β 

I can’t believe it’s been that long.

Β 

Your thread makes me think of β€˜Bright Eyes’.

Β 

You'll know what I mean.

Β 

Morgs

I know exactly what you mean, Morgs

Β 

Cheers mate :)

Β 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And the brave teachers who were victims as they protected the children against that evil *******.Β 

Yes. Mrs Mayor gave her life in a vain attempt to protect some of her children. Incredibly sad πŸ˜”Β 

28 minutes ago, Pap said:

And Murray was at school the it happened.

Β 

Β 

Β He was, I believe a bullet went through the window of the room he was in.

John Findlay

A very sad day for this country. As a parent of a 10yr old and a 5yr old at the time, I was very thankful I lived in Hampshire then.

HamishMcGonagall

I was only a kid myself at the time so I don't think I appreciated the gravity of it at the time. I watched a documentary presented by Lorraine Kelly about it last year and I was struggling to hold back my tears. She speaks to a mum who was going to keep her daughter off school as she wasn't well that day, but the little girl was desperate to still go in as she had gym and that was her favourite part of the week, so her mum let her go but only on the premise that the girl would let her take her to the doctors after school. The little girl was killed in the gym hall that morning.

It's an awfully emotional watch but I'd recommend it all the same.

I was in the outback at Oz. Stopped at a remote farm for directions when the lady asked if I was Scottish.Β 

Once I confirmed she asked if I heard the news… I was absolutely shocked and strangely enough it hit hard for a few days.Β 

Children, guns, Scotland….. it just didn’t seem right πŸ™

I was meant to have my driving test that day but it was cancelled due to snow, I moaned my face off, then sat absolutely stunned at what was playing out in our own back yard.

Β 

We've all suffered trauma at some point, but this is unrecoverable trauma IMO :(

There are no truer words than "mans inhumanity to man". The death of a child no matter how old is a traumatic,event at least when they are adult and a parent they have had some happiness from life, these wee souls were just at the door and hadn't truly entered full life yet the possibilities were snatched from them.

Alex Kintner

I still have a copy of the memorial version of Knockin on Heaven’s Door which was released afterwards. Can’t hear the song without thinking about those poor wee souls.

Fitzroy Pointon

I was in high school at the time and I remember my dad telling me when I got home. Hadn't heard anything at all until that point. Heartbreaking.Β 

Β 

I always remember the earie sight a week later when everyone had a candle burning in their window in remembrance of those poor wee kids and their teacher.Β 

A very dark day in Scotlands history. I was driving to work when it came on the radio. At first the info was sketchy but as the day unfolded the true horror became known. I have to admit like many others I really struggled with my emotions, those poor wee bairns and the brave teacher, I still to this day cannot get my head around it and cannot watch any documentary on it.

My mate was a dog handler in Central Scotland Police as it was at the time and he was one of the first officers at the scene. He used to decsribe the incident to new recruits at Tulliallan. Harrowing stuff. And all the notes are locked away until 2050 or something I believe.

I've never understood it and I never will. I don't have words to describe it or how I'd deal with the fecking animal that carried out such an unspeakable act.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've never understood it and I never will. I don't have words to describe it or how I'd deal with the fecking animal that carried out such an unspeakable act.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Part of my job is to look at how schools physically ensure only appropriate adults enter the building. The Dunblane tragedy is at the forefront of my mind at every school I visit.

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Part of my job is to look at how schools physically ensure only appropriate adults enter the building. The Dunblane tragedy is at the forefront of my mind at every school I visit.

I feel like shit when I think about. The families involved, I don't know how they cope. Heartbreaking.

Edited by ri Alban