Italian govt targets Roma people/gypsies

Therapist

Walter Kidd
Interesting story.

What do people think? A sensible programme to crack down on crime and illegal immigration, or racism? Discuss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7500605.stm

Very sensible in my opinion. If only our once great country had the same policy on immigrants we may not have the anarchic system we have now.

Our system is yet another win for the politically correct idiots who are in councils, parliament, police, customs in the UK.

New Labour=Failure.

I agree it's a sensible move.

Taking the UK example, there is a lot of black-on-black gun and knife crime. This is no secret. Any sensible policing policy would target the black community - particularly youths and young men - with a stop and search policy. But that won't happen because the PC Brigade will cry racism, even although the vast majority of the black community would be safer if such a policy were implemented.

In summary, if it can be proven beyond doubt that a particular section of the community is less law abiding than others, then it seems an efficient use of resources to specifically target them.

Walter Kidd

Agreed. Also, if muslims are more likely to be turned into suicide bombers by hate filled sermons from their religious leaders, why are we not policing the mosques to find out what is being preached?

Any preacher found to be preaching hate in a mosque should mean a severe jail sentence and the mosque should be closed down indefinitely until they can prove that the building is used for religious purposes only and not jihad.

Will it happen? Of course not. Suicide bombers have more civil rights than normal punters seemingly. With thanks to Cherie Blair and her freeloading husband.

There needs to be a sea change in attitude. The government needs to realise that upsetting the PC Brigade and a few individuals in certain communities has to take a back seat to ensuring the general public is as safe and secure as possible.

Ibrahim Tall

Would make more sense to take everyones fingerprints if they're going to start targetting people before a crimes even comitted imo.

Would make more sense to take everyones fingerprints if they're going to start targetting people before a crimes even comitted imo.

Given the government's inability to keep data secure, I'd be dead against that. Far better to simply target those sections of the community that are statistically proven to be more troublesome than average.

Guest S.U.S.S.
There needs to be a sea change in attitude. The government needs to realise that upsetting the PC Brigade and a few individuals in certain communities has to take a back seat to ensuring the general public is as safe and secure as possible.

The needs of the many should outweigh the needs of the few. If stopping people ans searching them serve the greater good, let them write letters to their MP complaining.

Ibrahim Tall
Given the government's inability to keep data secure, I'd be dead against that. Far better to simply target those sections of the community that are statistically proven to be more troublesome than average.

The vast majority of "black youths" aren't criminals though so why is their data less important in terms of security than ours?

The vast majority of "black youths" aren't criminals though so why is their data less important in terms of security than ours?

I didn't say it was. I'm saying it's better for the government to lose data on 15% of the population that 100%. :cool:

I didn't say it was. I'm saying it's better for the government to lose data on 15% of the population that 100%. :cool:

It is the right way

Ibrahim Tall

To an extent i agree with you but i feel there are better ways than just marking out ethnic groups nationwide, taking the fingerprints of everyone no matter their race or religion in the main problem areas for instance.

deesidejambo

The Italian move is sensible. I visit Rome quite a lot for work and there is going to be a bloodbath soon. The "Roma" (who are East European migrants) have already murdered a kid and the local population are having to be refrained from retailation. If it kicks off there will be chaos.

If we are to go down the road of fingerprinting minority groups dependant on the statistics of crime who do we fingerprint in Glasgow or for that matter Edinburgh. Do we simply fingerprint Catholics or should it be people who earn less than x amount per annum, or should it be the migrant community because after all they are the reason for most of the crime in Scotland.

Why do you not just embrace identity cards? Your, "The Government would lose my data" is a load of bollx, they have had your details in the DVLA and Passport office for years so whats your real problem or are you simply trying to generate support for people like the BNP on the back of peoples ill advised prejudices?

I don't think that Italy is country anyone would like to follow as an example? Do you?

I don't think that Italy is country anyone would like to follow as an example? Do you?

Why not? :confused:

They have a great climate, make stylish clothes, build truly great cars and motorcycles, superb cuisine, and great football teams. Sounds like heaven to me, to be honest.

Walter Kidd
If we are to go down the road of fingerprinting minority groups dependant on the statistics of crime who do we fingerprint in Glasgow or for that matter Edinburgh. Do we simply fingerprint Catholics or should it be people who earn less than x amount per annum, or should it be the migrant community because after all they are the reason for most of the crime in Scotland.

Why do you not just embrace identity cards? Your, "The Government would lose my data" is a load of bollx, they have had your details in the DVLA and Passport office for years so whats your real problem or are you simply trying to generate support for people like the BNP on the back of peoples ill advised prejudices?

Why would we fingerprint law abiding catholics/muslims/blacks/jews/Church of England/Scotland/Kabbalah? There is an endemic problem with gangs who are predominantly black in London. Why not police them in an aggressive manner to show that carrying a knife is unacceptable?

I'll tell you why. The Met are terrified of being condemned as racists.

Why would we fingerprint law abiding catholics/muslims/blacks/jews/Church of England/Scotland/Kabbalah? There is an endemic problem with gangs who are predominantly black in London. Why not police them in an aggressive manner to show that carrying a knife is unacceptable?

I'll tell you why. The Met are terrified of being condemned as racists.

I am not advocating the fingerprinting any people by group! Thats what Italy are doing! For the people who advocate fingerprinting of minority groups, Im asking who we fingerprint in Scotland as we have the same problem.

I totally agree with heavier policing and having a much bigger presence of police on the streets. However Its a society problem and you just need to take a jaunt along the M8 to see how bad it is. Black or White Knife crime happens in the UK and there is absolutely no point in blaming it on one group of people, time is better served looking at realistic ways of resolving the problem with prison sentencing becoming mandatory for carrying an offensive weapon.

Sheriff Fatman

Here's a few statistics for you all.

Last year there were 73 murders in the Strathclyde Police force area, 40 of which involved knives

Knife crime levels in Scotland are 3.5 times higher than in England or Wales

Scotland has a homicide rate of 5.3 per 100,000 in the 10-to-29 age group, which compares with one per 100,000 in England and Wales

I guess the police would be better fingerprinting all us Scots rather than minority groups down south. They would get a better clear up percentage.

Here's a few statistics for you all.

Last year there were 73 murders in the Strathclyde Police force area, 40 of which involved knives

Knife crime levels in Scotland are 3.5 times higher than in England or Wales

Scotland has a homicide rate of 5.3 per 100,000 in the 10-to-29 age group, which compares with one per 100,000 in England and Wales

I guess the police would be better fingerprinting all us Scots rather than minority groups down south. They would get a better clear up percentage.

Well said, but why don't we hear about this in the English media, is it because they are comitted by mostly white males and it loses its sensationalism.

Archived