Oban Challenge Cup - Anyone going?

Charlie-Brown

jamboinglasgow
Lost 4 out of 5.

were they playing players who were similar age or were they like dundee united in fielding first teams?

we done the same last year, was a chance to use all the player in different combinations in the same day and a good start to pre season.

we didnt win it last year though!

Ryan Gosling
Hmmm, another terrific example of our outstanding youth setup.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1343374,00.html

Let's hope Csaba is allowed to bring in his own youth coaches and scouts asap.

Did you read what it said?

4 in the first team, 6 of the Milk Cup squad left out.

Dundee United send their FIRST TEAM to this event.

ANYTHING to criticise.

:sad:

Did you read what it said?

4 in the first team, 6 of the Milk Cup squad left out.

Dundee United send their FIRST TEAM to this event.

ANYTHING to criticise.

:sad:

Excuses excuses. Hamilton, St Johnstone and OBAN !!! Our U17's should be able to beat them.

Charlie-Brown

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1343374,00.html

so based on losing some 35 minute long pre-season warm up games in a mini-torunament against other clubs first team players and the whole youth system should be dismantled?

Excuses excuses. Hamilton, St Johnstone and OBAN !!! Our U17's should be able to beat them.

ssshhhhh, quiet now.

jamboinglasgow

I shouldn't start panicing based on those results. Yes they weren't great but as been said already, a few of these teams were first team squads while we didn't even have our full U19 squad.

Though would be good to bring in some extra coaches and scouts. I would love a skills coach to be employed to help the youngsters and even the senior players.

so based on losing some 35 minute long pre-season warm up games in a mini-torunament against other clubs first team players and the whole youth system should be dismantled?

Who said anything about it being dismantled ? Get rid of the diddies running it and bring in some qualified people then we might actually find out if we do have any decent players rather than have to listen to all the bluster and bulls**t about hpw great it all is, when it so clearly isn't. If you honestly think the Hearts first team will ever be successful with the youth setup that currently exists you need help !!

I shouldn't start panicing based on those results.

Whose panicking ? Merely pointing out that once again our youth setup SHOULD be under scrutiny. The guys involved have very cushty numbers and in my opinion are nowhere near up to the task. New regime, get the broom out.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts youths have managed to win this tournament twice in 6 years the same as Dundee United who always send their first team to this tournament, last year Alloa won it, fellow SPL team Hamilton also send a team as do St. Johnstone, with 5 short games in a day it's a good work out for the players nothing more nothing less.

Hearts youths have managed to win this tournament twice in 6 years the same as Dundee United who always send their first team to this tournament, last year Alloa won it, fellow SPL team Hamilton also send a team as do St. Johnstone, with 5 short games in a day it's a good work out for the players nothing more nothing less.

Bigger picture ;)

jamboinglasgow
Whose panicking ? Merely pointing out that once again our youth setup SHOULD be under scrutiny. The guys involved have very cushty numbers and in my opinion are nowhere near up to the task. New regime, get the broom out.

I think the youth system should be constantly evolving so improvements can always be made. I think bringing in some continental coaches who will improve technique and skill would be a great idea. Csaba has had experence with a major german club in charge of their youth system so he should be listened to in changes, though I am worried that JM will feel impedided on and will be angry.

I think it will be interesting over the next few months.

Archived