Callum Butcher

neilnunb

“He takes things straight on the chin. He’s a real leader. and that’s how you want your captain to be.”

Looked like he took it on the nose from where I was sitting but as his nose is now in a different place to where it started off on that Saturday you can see how the genteel Mr Butcher would get confused

Ah! The big bad fizzicul hertz thing, and referees should line us up and shoot us for daring to give like for like, yup, sounds about right for this time of the year.

Tbf, this kind of thing will only get worse, if we carry on being more successful and build on it? Then, not only will it be a two donkey race, third will be out of reach for the rest of them. 
           I suspect a lot of them will be wakening up and smelling the coffee on this.

The Treasurer

Not read the article due to its source, but I assume he mentioned the assault on Gordon. 

That deserved a red card rather than an accidental head knock 

John Findlay

It was an accident that sometimes occurs on the football pitch.

Just like it was an accident when Callum Butcher's mum got pregnant with him.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

🤣👍

Simms red card on the horizon then, got to even these things up in the Mickey Mouse league. 

I'll predict 2 innocuous yellows. 

Carl Fredrickson
27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

:clap:

Ex member of the SaS

His idea that blood makes it a red( no pun intended ) card is also daft, Your nose bleeds with the slightest touch and any bump will cause a lot of blood. As stated above what about the assault on Gordon. They only see what they want to see.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Morgaro Gomis

His “tackle” on Cochrane was far worse than Simms on their player.

Simms arms were up as he jumped for the header and the United players motion to head the ball meant Simms caught him, very little movement from Simms so he definitely didn’t “throw an elbow”. No malice and rightly a yellow card - just bad luck that it ended badly for the defender. 

Butcher absolutely clattered Cochrane with an extremely mis-timed jump; whilst also raising his leg and putting it into Cochrane’s back. 

Neither were red cards but it’s extremely rich for Butcher to be claiming Simms should have walked.

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Hagar the Horrible

Actually it should have been a straight red, it was an extremly dangerous challenge, Pushing somebody in the back while in the air could cause injury.  I am of course saying Edwards should have at least been booked Big Ellis is the victim here,  Edwards headbutted his elbow trying to do him.  Result is that Simms got a yellow for being tackled, Edwards got his face rearranged, quite frankly an improvement.   Alex ended up with a head injury, Delvin achillies, Gordon nearly taken out

What a tit.

There was nothing in that challenge. Simms doesn’t swing his elbow with a clenched fist. He’s actually really unlucky to even be booked for it. if you watch it back wee Willie wasn’t going for a card until he saw Edward’s beak.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Not read the article due to its source, but I assume he mentioned the assault on Gordon. 

That deserved a red card rather than an accidental head knock 

You mean the challenge that wasn't shown on Sportscene highlights nor mentioned anywhere in the MSM.

We all know that Hearts are always targeted whenever possible whether it be on or off the pitch. It seems we are not liked and although the table tells a story it is clearly begrudged by most of the pundits.

Hearts have done well to be where they are in the league BUT !

The same guy that nearly broke Turnbull of Celtic leg back in December.  
Guy has got a check as he’s an animal 

section s heart
2 hours ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

His “tackle” on Cochrane was far worse than Simms on their player.

Simms arms were up as he jumped for the header and the United players motion to head the ball meant Simms caught him, very little movement from Simms so he definitely didn’t “throw an elbow”. No malice and rightly a yellow card - just bad luck that it ended badly for the defender. 

Butcher absolutely clattered Cochrane with an extremely mis-timed jump; whilst also raising his leg and putting it into Cochrane’s back. 

Neither were red cards but it’s extremely rich for Butcher to be claiming Simms should have walked.

Agree with that MG. 

Pretty desperate stuff from the DR too, seeking out non stories like that, from a guy whose premeditated challenge took one of our players out the game. 

heartmussel

Sadly I would imagine Simms every challenge will come under intense scrutiny now.

SectionDJambo

Hearts should be all over this. Nip the nonsense before it becomes fact to those of little brains.

Willie Collum, no stranger to a red card for Hearts, was very close and saw nothing wrong. The trial by Sportscene also found nothing wrong.

Then this idiot gets to spout off in a "newspaper".

We ended up with 5 players off injured and an assault on our goalkeeper. 

No Idle Talk

Ryan Edwards did cop an unfortunate one on Saturday. But the reality is that these things can and do happen when two players go up for a header together.

Simms didn't swing or aim an elbow at Edwards. There was no intent there. As a professional footballer, Butcher should be able to differentiate between an accidental collision and a player setting out to 'do' an opponent. 

This is the DR causing mischief. Headline hunting, nothing more.

Under the floodlight

Dundee Courier interview any United player who gobs off to look important, bottom feeder media from Glasgow run with story, no fact checking by watching actual incident. Click bait for all those who hate us. Rinse and repeat for next non incident. 

F them all.

King Of The Cat Cafe

This is pathetic.

If I was a manager, I would prohibit my players making public critical accusations against players from other teams.

This is no different from a manager publicly slating a referee - as Robbie and several others have found.