Visiting my second favourite club in Scotland tomorrow

Craigieboy

Never hid my affection for Dundee Utd. 

I’ve been to a few of their games that didn’t involve Hearts. A good club with a great recent history and for me they just have something about them. 

I suppose their stadium was quite cool in the 80’s/90’s with that big steep terracing. 

Loved their cup win against Rangers in 1994. 

Their fans applauding the Hearts fans leaving Dundee after Dens in 1986 was also remembered. 

Anyone else have soft spots for other Scottish clubs?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smiler

• martoon

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howdy Doody Jambo
16 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

I’ve been to a few of their games that didn’t involve Hearts. A good club with a great recent history and for me they just have something about them. 

I suppose their stadium was quite cool in the 80’s/90’s with that big steep terracing. 

Their fans applauding the Hearts fans leaving Dundee after Dens in 1986 was also remembered. 

Do you have one of those half 🌗 n half tops as well 

Unbelievable Jeff, fcuk every other club in Scotland 

Only Hearts 

🤡 

Fitzroy Pointon
3 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

So can anyone name anything about Dundee Utd that’s objectionable to Hearts fans?

They're ****'s

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

So can anyone name anything about Dundee Utd that’s objectionable to Hearts fans?

They exist. 

Stendelnator
26 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Apart from taking us to court to relegate us? Nah mate 

Jeffros Furios
42 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Where exactly did thier fans applaud us ? 

I was at Dens and any non Hearts fan was wise to keep out the way. 

Bizarre to like another Scottish team .

44 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

My mate at work is a Dundee United fan and states categorically that every football fan in Scotland agrees that Tynecastle is the best away ground in Scotland and asked me why we don't have a bar or something for the visiting support in or under the away stand. 

I couldn't argue with him as I think we should have something under the Roseburn Stand.

FC Wacker München

Dundee Hibernian as a 2nd team?

:cornette:

Any right minded Hearts fan would know why it’s a no no.

Not on kickback though. Hearts fans **** all.

Heart of Darkness
54 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Their fans applauding our fans as we left Dens Park.... sanctimonious f****

Which if I remember correctly never happened!!

jamtartan74

Maybe Livingston if any as it’s my home town and followed them on their Journey up the divisions, was good fun, then they got to the premier league and that’s where it ended for me, still keep an eye on the results. 

Heart of Darkness
33 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Where exactly did thier fans applaud us ? 

I was at Dens and any non Hearts fan was wise to keep out the way. 

Bizarre to like another Scottish team .

Exactly JF!! I walked out of that ground aged 16 and it was the worst thing that had ever happened in my life up till then.... if I had seen anyone that wasn't another Hearts fan they were getting told to do one!!

Berwick rangers, pride of Northumbria, queen of the south, what's not to like, Morton, just love the floodlights, Patrick Thistle, what's that song about FTP, and FTQ, a bit of a laugh, but deemed a hate crime by Nicola's boys in blue . Dumbarton: had a ground called boghead park. And a few others 

Jambo_jim2001

That's like getting asked to pick your favourite child🧐only one heart of Midlothian for me❤️❤️❤️

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Demotion, court. 

17 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Their fans applauding our fans as we left Dens Park.... sanctimonious f****

Which if I remember correctly never happened!!

Couldn't say if it happened or not. Leaving at the final whistle and driving back to Edinburgh was a total blur.

Still haunts me to this day.

Radio Ga Ga

The only good thing about Dungdee is the road out, shit hole and that’s even after the waterfront has been ‘done up’ 

Mock Chop Suppers FFS

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Dundee.

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Correct answer. 

I did like meadow bank until they moved to livi :HeartsManspotrun:

2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I did like meadow bank until they moved to livi :HeartsManspotrun:

Far too close to the piggery for my liking wattie!😁

1 hour ago, lsimp77 said:

Dundee Hibernian can get to ****. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Dundee Utd can go **** themselves. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

They're ****'s

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

I agree with these but could not read any further.

I've nothing against them Craigie.  Have a mate out here who is a passionate supporter and a gem of a guy.

Partick is my other club simply because my mother comes from there.  I have a wee problem with old rangers, new rangers, celtic and hibernian.

millerjames398
33 minutes ago, bigcoll said:

Berwick rangers, pride of Northumbria, queen of the south, what's not to like, Morton, just love the floodlights, Patrick Thistle, what's that song about FTP, and FTQ, a bit of a laugh, but deemed a hate crime by Nicola's boys in blue . Dumbarton: had a ground called boghead park. And a few others 

The Partick song goes, 'hello, hello, how do you do, we hate the boys in royal blue, we hate the boys in emerald green, so **** the pope and **** the queen😂 brilliant football song. 

Their fans certainly have no love for us and thankfully for the most part the feeling is mutual.

Hope they go bust. Soon.

🖕

Hackney Hearts

I think a trip to Tannadice in March 1983 is the only time I've traveled out of Edinburgh specifically to watch a club game that didn't involve Hearts. It was a UEFA Cup quarter final against Bohemians of Prague (finished 0-0, crowd was 21,000+). Same night that Aberdeen were beating Bayern 3-2 on their way to winning the Cup Winners Cup. Admired what United achieved in the 80s, amazing period.

BUT - on the minus side - they used to have the word Hibernian in their name (long time ago admittedly). More recently and more importantly - the court fiasco; they lost their "ok" status after that. 

If I have to pick another team, it would be Partick. If you loathe the Bigot Twins in Glasgow, Thistle seem to represent the path of righteousness. Plus the mutual support when we both got shafted. Oh and they were my dad's team.

Don't mind Partick as the acceptable face of Glasgow football, and they were shafted along with us in the Covid interrupted season.  Soft spot for ICT only because of Robbo, also Kelty Hearts for obvious reasons.  Dundee United, formerly Dundee Hibernians can GTF.

At least they're not Dundee FC? 

Mind you, that's not exclusive to Dundee United. 

Not being a Dundee supporter is a plus for anyone who isn't.

Imagine being a fan of Scotland's most dour, depressing, on its knees, going feckin nowhere for nearly 50 years, football club.

Edited by martoon

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Did have a soft spot for them in the 80s when all their European games were on TV, but they do nothing for me now. No I'll feelings towards the OP though. You enjoy yourself! And also, calling them Dundee Hibernian is a thousand times sadder than quite liking them.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

7 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

How about a big group of their supporters attacking me and my dad when i was about 15? That do it?

Or their behaviour in lockdown. I mean, sponsored walks et al.

Kiddy on club who had a very good spell under a horrible despot who treated young footballers like cattle.

Whats there to like is a better question.

The little enthusiasm and energy I do still have for the game is completely taken up by Hearts in full. I have not the desire nor the energy to give the slightest **** about any other club.

I just don't and never will get the whole 'second team' thing. There are teams I don't hate but I simply don't give a **** about them at the end of the day.

I despise with a passion the English Premier League, Champions League, La Liga etc etc. I wouldn't watch the champions league final if it was played in my back garden.

100% Hearts. A second team would mean some of this % would belong to them.

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

How about a big group of their supporters attacking me and my dad when i was about 15? That do it?

Or their behaviour in lockdown. I mean, sponsored walks et al.

Kiddy on club who had a very good spell under a horrible despot who treated young footballers like cattle.

Whats there to like is a better question.

There is a pattern here I remember a pal of mind being attacked by a fat middle age United supporter when he was about thirteen before a match and it was not an isolated incident either

8 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

This is like being married to Mila Kunis and shagging Gemma Collins on the side!

john thomas
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This is like being married to Mila Kunis and shagging Gemma Collins on the side!

You'll need to include pictures . Haven't a scooby who either of these people are

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The little enthusiasm and energy I do still have for the game is completely taken up by Hearts in full. I have not the desire nor the energy to give the slightest **** about any other club.

I just don't and never will get the whole 'second team' thing. There are teams I don't hate but I simply don't give a **** about them at the end of the day.

I despise with a passion the English Premier League, Champions League, La Liga etc etc. I wouldn't watch the champions league final if it was played in my back garden.

100% Hearts. A second team would mean some of this % would belong to them.

You have enthusiasm and energy for Hearts? 

Don’t like any other club and never will. I worked beside a lot of Dundonians years ago as my company’s main branch was from there and now and again we’d cross paths on the same site. 

What I will say is United fans are more bearable than Dundee.  The latter are whingeing, bitter and twisted arseholes when the subject of football comes up.  Which was quite alot….and they hate us, believe me.  

United seem a bit more at ease but maybe disguise their dislike a bit better?

I find alot of their older fans attempt to mock Hearts because they experienced United winning a title in the 80s and point out how long it’s been since we won one.  

Maybe the OP’s route out of Dundee was different to mine in ‘86, but my vivid memory of that day and one that still sticks in my throat is both Dundee & Dundee United fans hanging out windows and sticking it right up us. **** their city and **** their teams. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Maybe the OP’s route out of Dundee was different to mine in ‘86, but my vivid memory of that day and one that still sticks in my throat is both Dundee & Dundee United fans hanging out windows and sticking it right up us. **** their city and **** their teams. 

Exactly how it should be tbh. 

John Findlay

Spartans. 10 minutes walk from the house, and my youngest laddie is in their academy. He has been there since aged 4, and he has enjoyed it.

Has had some great trips with them.

Poznan, Newcastle, Blackpool, and his favourite, playing against Liverpool at their academy, and getting a pep talk from Kenny Dalglish at half-time.

8 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Did their fans not do a sponsered walk from that shitehole to TYNECASTLE to raise money to help pay their legal team to relegate us in court???

Very strange behaviour!!!