New Signings

Guest Maroon Carpet

Guest Maroon Carpet

Right, we have finally appointed a new manager, the next important steps now are the new signings and extending contracts.

I wonder what will happen if he takes a dislike to Miko, or perhaps he has already been told to play him no matter what.....

Miko was one of are better players last season and was mostly a sub

Agreed! I thought Miko was crackin towards the end of the season.

I think we need to bring 2 full backs as priority and a few proven strikers as well as some class in the midfield.........Pretty much a full team then

Miko was one of are better players last season and was mostly a sub

You are either on drugs or no nothing about football making a comment like that.

Drylaw Hearts
You are either on drugs or no nothing about football making a comment like that.

Possibly both.

HMFCjamieHMFC

A large percent of people on here also thought he was good so i guess were all drug addicts

A large percent of people on here also thought he was good so i guess were all drug addicts

He was contender for MOTM in most of the games he played the 2nd half of the season. Back to what we know he can be

The Old Tolbooth

I think your hatred toward Miko means that your very much blinkered in what you see in him.

Granted he was murder for a long time, however toward the end of last season he was our best player (Gary Glen apart) by some distance.

I have no problem with knocking players when they deserve it, but for christs sake, be a big enough person to admit when a player improves to the point he actually deserves a bit of praise, and Miko toward the end of last season looked like the Miko we saw when he first came to us, long may it continue.

Drylaw Hearts
He was contender for MOTM in most of the games he played the 2nd half of the season. Back to what we know he can be

When you say most do you actually mean 3 ?

HMFCjamieHMFC

i guess we will have to get are needles and spoons out because miko cant play well its againts the rules

All I can say is if a large percentage of Hearts fans think Miko was one of our best players last season then the rest of the team must have been really crap.

The guy is a joke, most of the time he spends falling over pretending to be hurt and the odd time that he does something such as beat an opposing player he invariably chooses the wrong option, eg he will shoot when he should make a pass or pass when he should shoot.

The guy will never make a footballer in a million years and he should never be pulling on a Hearts strip in my opinion but then he obviously has loads of admirers amongst the Hearts Faithful so perhaps it is me who is wrong but I am still a Hearts fan an d always have been and always will be and am entitled to my opinion.

Right, we have finally appointed a new manager, the next important steps now are the new signings and extending contracts.

I wonder what will happen if he takes a dislike to Miko, or perhaps he has already been told to play him no matter what.....

I wonder what will happen if he fills Miko with the confidence to achieve what he promised when he first came. Answer: people like you will be running for cover.

Nucky Thompson

Miko just hasn't got it, the lad has had far to many chances to prove himself:rolleyes: Apart from his first season at the start he has been mince:cool:

This is the thing for me, of the new boss is good at his job I don't think we need that many new players.

We need new full backs and at least one striker, but I think our central defenders and midfielders are better than average by SPL standards.

HMFCjamieHMFC
All I can say is if a large percentage of Hearts fans think Miko was one of our best players last season then the rest of the team must have been really crap.

The guy is a joke, most of the time he spends falling over pretending to be hurt and the odd time that he does something such as beat an opposing player he invariably chooses the wrong option, eg he will shoot when he should make a pass or pass when he should shoot.

The guy will never make a footballer in a million years and he should never be pulling on a Hearts strip in my opinion but then he obviously has loads of admirers amongst the Hearts Faithful so perhaps it is me who is wrong but I am still a Hearts fan an d always have been and always will be and am entitled to my opinion.

but i voice my opinion and i get called a drug addict

scott_jambo

"You are either on drugs or no nothing about football making a comment like that."

Take your own advice you absolute plonker.

I think your hatred toward Miko means that your very much blinkered in what you see in him.

Granted he was murder for a long time, however toward the end of last season he was our best player (Gary Glen apart) by some distance.

I have no problem with knocking players when they deserve it, but for christs sake, be a big enough person to admit when a player improves to the point he actually deserves a bit of praise, and Miko toward the end of last season looked like the Miko we saw when he first came to us, long may it continue.

I have no hatred towards anyone.!

I am surely entitled to my opinion and that is that I don't rate Miko as a player. I don't happen to rate several other Hearts players but then most of the time they are not discussed on this forum so hence why my views on them are not recorded.

The Miko that first came to Hearts in my opinion was still not Herats first Team Material so sorry but I have no praise whatsoever to offer to him as a player.

He is probably a nice guy off the pitch and I wish him or his supporters any harm but I am sorry I just do not rate the guy as a player for HMFC.

The Old Tolbooth

Davy, I can see your point on your post, especially the part about the rest of the team being crap, because lets face it, they were! Miko was one of only 3 or 4 players to actually give a damn toward the end of last season and it wouldn't take much to stand out a bit, but whether it was to try and win a move, or he had just discovered his form again remains to be seen this season.

I cant agree with you saying he's a joke and spends his time falling over however, I think that he has cleaned up his act a hell of a lot since his dive against Scotland, and he's actually the victim of bent refs against him now (granted he's probably brought it on himself) and gets fouled left right and centre, with very few free kicks being awarded against him, and when he goes down he doesn't even bother claiming for a free kick or penalty anymore, his discipline seems to be much better.

Saying the guy will never make it as a footballer in a million years is harsh, so harsh that I think you have him mixed up with Clum :rolleyes:

Your dead right when you say your entitled to your opinion though Davy, everyone is mate :)

The Old Tolbooth
I have no hatred towards anyone.!

I am surely entitled to my opinion and that is that I don't rate Miko as a player. I don't happen to rate several other Hearts players but then most of the time they are not discussed on this forum so hence why my views on them are not recorded.

The Miko that first came to Hearts in my opinion was still not Herats first Team Material so sorry but I have no praise whatsoever to offer to him as a player.

He is probably a nice guy off the pitch and I wish him or his supporters any harm but I am sorry I just do not rate the guy as a player for HMFC.

Fair doo's mate, it would be boring if everyone had the same opinions ;)

Davy, I can see your point on your post, especially the part about the rest of the team being crap, because lets face it, they were! Miko was one of only 3 or 4 players to actually give a damn toward the end of last season and it wouldn't take much to stand out a bit, but whether it was to try and win a move, or he had just discovered his form again remains to be seen this season.

I cant agree with you saying he's a joke and spends his time falling over however, I think that he has cleaned up his act a hell of a lot since his dive against Scotland, and he's actually the victim of bent refs against him now (granted he's probably brought it on himself) and gets fouled left right and centre, with very few free kicks being awarded against him, and when he goes down he doesn't even bother claiming for a free kick or penalty anymore, his discipline seems to be much better.

Saying the guy will never make it as a footballer in a million years is harsh, so harsh that I think you have him mixed up with Clum :rolleyes:

Your dead right when you say your entitled to your opinion though Davy, everyone is mate :)

John, you may not have realised it but you have now managed to do what I did to the Miko fans by slagging Clum, he's a great player isn't he?

but i voice my opinion and i get called a drug addict

No there is a difference between being a drug addict and being on drugs but also remember I said you are either on drugs or know nothing about football, perhaps it is the latter that applies in your case:)

John, you may not have realised it but you have now managed to do what I did to the Miko fans by slagging Clum, he's a great player isn't he?

I'm not a fan of Miklo but I certainly saw that he had more focus once he stopped trying to con referees. He was a much improved player towards the end of the season. I find it suprismg that you never noticed it...

The Old Tolbooth

Cracking! :confused:

I honestly think Miko has something, it may just be a dose of the clap, but he definitely has something, whereas Clum, well, errrr, nope!

Nothing!

I'm not a fan of Miklo but I certainly saw that he had more focus once he stopped trying to con referees. He was a much improved player towards the end of the season. I find it suprismg that you never noticed it...

I always thought that he flattered to deceive to be perfectly honest and I am not being obstinate by making a stand on this subject but I genuinely don't rate the guy and even if he did improve like people suggest I still think he is not up to Hearts standard and should be nowhere near or starting 11.

Miko was superb in the last few games of the season.

Played for the jersey.

:107years::107years::107years:

Only a Game
Miko was superb in the last few games of the season.

Played for the jersey.

:107years::107years::107years:

I'm not sure what he was playing for but he was certainly much improved. Perhaps he was playing to stay (not a bad thing) and noticed that not many others were playing to stay and he'd really stand out if he gave it 110%.

I always like players who step up to the plate when it really matters. Miko has yet to do that regularly enough for me.

I'm not sure what he was playing for but he was certainly much improved. Perhaps he was playing to stay (not a bad thing) and noticed that not many others were playing to stay and he'd really stand out if he gave it 110%.

I always like players who step up to the plate when it really matters. Miko has yet to do that regularly enough for me.

True about him not producing regulary .

The thing i noticed was the confidence he was gaining with each game.

Especially when he was getting cheers instead of jeers.

Hopefully this new found confidence will help him produce more next season.

Only a Game
True about him not producing regulary .

The thing i noticed was the confidence he was gaining with each game.

Especially when he was getting cheers instead of jeers.

Hopefully this new found confidence will help him produce more next season.

He's one of these players who would be a cult legend if he just upped his game a bit and broke sweat for 90 minutes. I think he's better than Driver but he doesnt work nearly as hard at his game as Driver does. Miko's a hero waiting to happen IMO.

He's been through a hell of a lot (most of it his own doing mind you) and it would be great to seem him finally come through and be a big player for us.

Agreed. I noticed that in the games for the national team too. One other thing I noticed is his improved defensive game (up from almost a zero ;)) For the national team and the Hearts games I saw 'till the end of last season he now tracks back a lot more and has won some quite impresive tackles with his new found determination. as at first he could not tackle a fish supper as you guys like to say :)

so in saying so I think with some time we will have a improved but a bit different Miko from the one that first shined when arrived in Tynecastle. Less random shots on goal, more concentration and determination, better defensive play etc.

IMO we need:

Goalkeeper

Right Back

Left Back

Centre Half

Left Midfielder/Winger (cover/competition for Driver)

3 Strikers

Elliot, Mole & Makela have to go IMO

I had hoped this thread might have been about new signings. How it got to be dominated by Miko god knows.

Needs?

2 strikers - none of this "1" pish upfront. We dont have any striker worth his salt at the club so 2 are needed.

Experienced CB - even if Berra stays

Dominant midfielder - we just don't have one. There is a chance a central motivated and fit Kingston would dominate games, but we need more control in midfield IMO to be consistent in games.

Want to haves?

2 new full backs - yes who can defend, but who can also attack

(sorry Banksy) - a new keeper. McDonald should be given a chance pre-season but I know the concerns

Improbables?

Steal Rudi from Ipswich??

Gigolo-Aunt
I had hoped this thread might have been about new signings. How it got to be dominated by Miko god knows.

Needs?

2 strikers - none of this "1" pish upfront. We dont have any striker worth his salt at the club so 2 are needed.

Experienced CB - even if Berra stays

Dominant midfielder - we just don't have one. There is a chance a central motivated and fit Kingston would dominate games, but we need more control in midfield IMO to be consistent in games.

Want to haves?

2 new full backs - yes who can defend, but who can also attack

(sorry Banksy) - a new keeper. McDonald should be given a chance pre-season but I know the concerns

Improbables?

Steal Rudi from Ipswich??

You are not far off.

I would bring in a keeper and have Banks as no2.

McDonald from the little (I admit little) I have seen is not better than Banks.

Chad Sexington
You are not far off.

Would you though?

You are not far off.

Agreed

I still think McDonald deserves a wee chance

Jeezo - if Kurskis got games....

I like Bansky a lot, but he is competent as opposed to be a true solid line of defence

If I was being greedy, and say aiming for a Burley-esque team I'd say we'd probs need about 7 new first teamers.

Lets see how the rest of the window pans out - that will tell us a lot IMO

Gigolo-Aunt
Agreed

I still think McDonald deserves a wee chance

Jeezo - if Kurskis got games....

I like Bansky a lot, but he is competent as opposed to be a true solid line of defence

If I was being greedy, and say aiming for a Burley-esque team I'd say we'd probs need about 7 new first teamers.

Lets see how the rest of the window pans out - that will tell us a lot IMO

I would take Mcdonald over Kurkis.

I would take Mole over Elliot.

That said, I dont believe either are the answer.

Gigolo-Aunt
I respect that Gig.

I really do.

I bet you are now glad that 2 became 4.

:)

I would take Mcdonald over Kurkis.

I would take Mole over Elliot.

That said, I dont believe either are the answer.

But does McDonald deserve a chance?

Did we think Gordon was the answer at 4-0 down v Falkirk?

I agree with what you say in your post, but sometimes you give a guy a chance and they surprise you. I think Jamie has earned a couple of games at least

tartofmidlothian
This is the thing for me, of the new boss is good at his job I don't think we need that many new players.

We need new full backs and at least one striker, but I think our central defenders and midfielders are better than average by SPL standards.

Too true, mate. Job 1 for Csaba: make sure guys like Berra and Driver are happy to stay put. Job 2: Give talented but apparently demotivated/lazy players like Kingston, Nade etc the rocket they've required for a while. Do that and we've already got a pretty good team.

I think we'll be looking at players coming in from Vlad's scouting network across the world (hopefully after Laszlo's okayed them) and maybe a couple our new manager's noticed on his travels. I don't expect to see any Scottish players coming in, unless it's up from our U21s.

Gigolo-Aunt
But does McDonald deserve a chance?

Did we think Gordon was the answer at 4-0 down v Falkirk?

I agree with what you say in your post, but sometimes you give a guy a chance and they surprise you. I think Jamie has earned a couple of games at least

I have no idea if McDonald deserves a chance or not. I can only go on what I have seen and I dont want him in the sticks next season. Maybe harsh, but there you go.

GK is a bizarre position compared to the rest of the side. Give a GK a chance? how long? 4 games? that could mean the season getting of to a good start or being stuck in detention with the bad boys in class.

I would also add bidding 600k for Russel Anderson.

He can show Berra a few things.

Would also give Anderson the captains armband.

I'd take Anderson, yup agreed. Him and Berra could do well

Lets see how Berra feels about moving on under our shiny new manager - we might need 2 CBs (Zali isnt the answer - not in the spl)

Gigolo-Aunt
I'd take Anderson, yup agreed. Him and Berra could do well

Lets see how Berra feels about moving on under our shiny new manager - we might need 2 CBs (Zali isnt the answer - not in the spl)

I dont think Zali is as bad as some make out. He has show like others that he CAN do it, but like others the consistancy is the key.

If you dont have players playing well on a consistant basis, you are worth nothing in football.

tartofmidlothian
I would also add bidding 600k for Russel Anderson.

Would love to see it, but I doubt it'd happen. I just get the feeling that guys like Anderson, Riordan, Gow and O'Connor (joking!) won't be on our radar now that there's no Scots influence on the coaching side. The signing of Mikey Stewart and our interest in Stephen Hughes came from Frail's suggestion, did they not?

I'd love to be proved wrong, though. Hate it when a Robson or a Naismith spends months in transfer limbo while we should be bidding, then strolls off to the OF.

Gigolo-Aunt
Would love to see it, but I doubt it'd happen. I just get the feeling that guys like Anderson, Riordan, Gow and O'Connor (joking!) won't be on our radar now that there's no Scots influence on the coaching side. The signing of Mikey Stewart and our interest in Stephen Hughes came from Frail's suggestion, did they not?

I'd love to be proved wrong, though. Hate it when a Robson or a Naismith spends months in transfer limbo while we should be bidding, then strolls off to the OF.

The way Frail talked on Talk 107, I would be amazed if he was not a player that was on that famous list. Talked the lad up big time. (Ratboy)

Football when posting on a forum is a piece of ****. I would...

Bid 600k for Anderson and haggle.

Tell Anderson he is the man we are building our team around. Tell him he is captain.

Take Berra to the side, tell him we want him to focus on his game, captain was too much for him.

Get Berra and Anderson to work closely together.

IMO Anderson would have a huge positive affect at the club.

Maybe I have just played too much Championship Manager when growing up.

Charlie-Brown

I think many of the players we need will come from within the playing squad we have already, either youngsters being pushed on & promoted or existing players doing a whole lot better than they have been doing.....that would be a start and a much needed improvement, I do think we will sign some players but nowhere near the amount some people think or have mentioned on this thread, we are just getting the squad closer to a managable & affordable size so adding another 6 or 7 players simply isn't going to happen in the short term nor can Hearts afford it that I can see.

Maybe I have just played too much Championship Manager when growing up.

Nah, its just common sense mate.

Look at what Pressley did for Webster and started off with Berra, what Jardine did for Levein, what Levein did for McLaren, Bruno for Ritchie etc etc.

I think many of the players we need will come from within the playing squad we have already, either youngsters being pushed on & promoted or existing players doing a whole lot better than they have been doing.....that would be a start and a much needed improvement, I do think we will sign some players but nowhere near the amount some people think or have mentioned on this thread, we are just getting the squad closer to a managable & affordable size so adding another 6 or 7 players simply isn't going to happen in the short term nor can Hearts afford it that I can see.

Hopefully the new manager will continue the process of ridding the squad of luxury players. And getting more out of everyone in the squad.

As things stand we have one of the worst squads in the league though.

Archived