Why do businesses use sponsorship?

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Hello

This is a question to both business owners and accountants.

Apart from the obvious advertising/brand awareness benefits, are there other reasons why businesses would spend money on sponsorship?

Are there financial benefits?

For instance if a business spends X pounds on sponsorship, do they recoup X+Y benefits in other areas of their finances?

The reason I'm asking is, I race a little XR2 up at Knockhill and it'd obviously be of some benefit to aquire a smidgen of sponsorship to help ease the costs.

It would be useful to know all the differing reasons why businesses sponsor things.

Not that I'd ever use this forum to try to acquire some, of course. :P

Anyway, there seem to be a number of finacially astute members on this forum so I thought I'd ask.

Many Thanks.

Hello

This is a question to both business owners and accountants.

Apart from the obvious advertising/brand awareness benefits, are there other reasons why businesses would spend money on sponsorship?

Are there financial benefits?

For instance if a business spends X pounds on sponsorship, do they recoup X+Y benefits in other areas of their finances?

The reason I'm asking is, I race a little XR2 up at Knockhill and it'd obviously be of some benefit to aquire a smidgen of sponsorship to help ease the costs.

It would be useful to know all the differing reasons why businesses sponsor things.

Not that I'd ever use this forum to try to acquire some, of course. :P

Anyway, there seem to be a number of finacially astute members on this forum so I thought I'd ask.

Many Thanks.

Look up CSR on line mate (wiki have a good description) and then contact local business's which might have something to do with the feild your in.

Some companies like to be seen as giving something back to the community, in todays climate tho it could be hard work unless you're pretty good at what you do and can garauntee them some kind of coverage.

Say What Again

What about approaching any local mechanics/garages?

Having their business on the side of a car that's being seen by hundreds of car fans might appeal to them.

You may even get free repairs when you smash it up :)

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Aside from my personal circumstances ;) I am actually interested in whether there are financial aspects involved in business sponsorship.

BTW I work for RBS so I'm sure if I removed the Ford badges and scribbled Williams Toyota on it I'd get about 25 million tout suite. :)

Glamorgan Jambo

Client entertainment is a huge one

Even the lead sponsors won't have their logos anywhere near the 'birdsnest' in Beijing next month but you can bet they'll be a lot of entertaining going on in the stadium. GE's budget is humungous for this (they own NBC who do the network coverage of the olympics in the states).

jamboinglasgow

sponsorship is a funny thing, I am a member of Glasgow University rowing team. We are constantly the best uni and club in Scotland. Go down to many competitions in England. We have a major event where there is a boat race between Glasgow uni and Edinburgh uni every year in the middle of glasgow (well glasgow green) and yet it has been a few years since we had a sponsor. Edinburgh university are able to get a sponsor yet not one who get a company's name everywhere.

It just seems odd.

Archived