Crime by Irvine Welsh

Sherlock

Anyone thinking of reading this, or worse actually buying it - Don't, it's pish.

How boring is Welsh?

Why the need to litter the book with references to HMFC... with the usual vermin crap about how 'the glory days at Hearts aren't coming back now that foreign mercenaries have replaced local lads'.

JKB should also set their solicitors on him for using KB in his book without, i'm assuming and hoping, permission for those that own/run the board.

The lead character is a Hearts fan and posts on KB as 'Ray of light'. It's not actually derogatory about this place.

If he wasn't so small-minded, parochial and boring he might actually be a half-decent writer. This need to drag his typically verminesqe bitter-about-Hearts-ness into every story is just tedious and banal.

It's a CRIME everytime this Hobo Tw@t writes a book...I've never understood the love that people had for his Schecht...Gimp!! :mad:

Say What Again

Amongst other books, I took Welsh's 'If You Liked School You'll Love Work' on holiday with me last year.

I can honestly say it's the biggest pile of pish I've ever had the misfortune to read. A collection of short stories, each one more boring and pointless than the previous.

What made the book far worse was I read it immediately after having read the excellent 'The Damned United' and 'The Shadow of the Wind' (which was a JKB recommendation - Borthers maybe?).

Nephilim Scotty

I liked all his books until I read The Bed Room Secrets of the Master Chefs, the laziest and most disappointing ending to a book.

I'll read the new one no doubt, but not now.

Must admit Trainspotting was a good book, but all the rest since then have been a pile of tosh - bit of a one trick pony if you ask me

Amongst other books, I took Welsh's 'If You Liked School You'll Love Work' on holiday with me last year.

I can honestly say it's the biggest pile of pish I've ever had the misfortune to read. A collection of short stories, each one more boring and pointless than the previous.

What made the book far worse was I read it immediately after having read the excellent 'The Damned United' and 'The Shadow of the Wind' (which was a JKB recommendation - Borthers maybe?).

Someone got me that last year for Christmas.

Fair to say, they are getting a turd pie from me this year.

It was like a book made up of kids essays.

Archived