Let's pretend we scored a goal

Ulysses

Could do with some of that in the AFCON games recently. :jj:

Applauding it was cringy as **** though. Football friends. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This has been posted before

Pure class, he must be the reason they are shit !! Bet he cannot wait to head back to CFC

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Sorry if this has been posted before, but anyway...

This was actually done by our own support away to Livingston when we were narrowly skelped 5-0, was quite funny actually considering the rage I had inside at the result 😡

Having a laugh when you're not winning as away fans is fine in my book.

However, the Palace fans clapping them is bogging and makes it dead cringe. Them standing up applauding? Pretty embarrassing.

Wouldn't work in Scotland. Imagine Dundee Utd fans doing that whilst we pump them at home  

1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

EPL patter is utterly stinking. I'd be mortified if our fans did that. 

You obviously weren’t at Livingston for the 5-0 game then, or had left already 🙈

Sad fans support a football club with no ambition! They will go down again this year then win the championship by 20 points next year then repeat down again.  

Fitzroy Pointon
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This has been posted before

FFS :laugh: Is he not 20 or something? 

Stupid wee no-mark club. Gilmour will be bigger than them soon. Class player.  

6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Sad fans support a football club with no ambition! They will go down again this year then win the championship by 20 points next year then repeat down again.  

That's the thing though, all it takes is a strong side to not go up this year plus the likes of Newcastle to go down too and then Norwich aren't guaranteed to come back up, if they don't they then need to offload players and go back to being just another championship side.

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

That's the thing though, all it takes is a strong side to not go up this year plus the likes of Newcastle to go down too and then Norwich aren't guaranteed to come back up, if they don't they then need to offload players and go back to being just another championship side.

I'm hoping that happens fed up seeing them doing the same old. Norwich, West Brom, Watford are all the same up and down add Fulham into that!

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

FFS :laugh: Is he not 20 or something? 

Stupid wee no-mark club. Gilmour will be bigger than them soon. Class player.  

I listen to talksport most night when driving home and when this came out there were Norwich fans saying it was out of order but still trying to say that Gilmour was crap, it was pointed out that his stats were better than anyone else in the Norwich midfield and that the problem really lay with the rest of the midfield and forwards not having the movement to receive the ball in dangerous positions but the Norwich fans seemed to expect that Gilmour do everything himself.

12 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Tragic. That's the same people that call our league tinpot.

Was just thinking the same when I seen that. What a sad support.

12 hours ago, tian447 said:

. :jj:

Applauding it was cringy as **** though. Football friends. 

This is quite common in English football. At Newcastle not so many years ago they had an announcement pre game to welcome the away fans (for all but a few teams - Sunderland and Man Utd) and most people actually applauded. Was a bit weird considering the level of hatred between clubs fans up here. Down the lower leagues especially there is quite a lot of respect and friendliness shown to away fans. Proper football fans in the same shitey boat just there to watch and love their team with no agenda against each other.

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

What a bunch of absolute tits.

That is absolutely embarrassing stuff.

51 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

WTAF?

34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What a bunch of absolute tits.

That is absolutely embarrassing stuff.

It's one of the biggest cringes ever eh.

4 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Not really fair to criticise fans for supporting their local club.

I'm not criticising them for supporting their local club. They are pathetic football fans coming up with crap football chants and criticising their own footballer in Billy Gilmour. The club it's self has no ambition and look like they are quite happy being a yo yo club like West Brom have been for years. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Kind of team some think Souttar should sign for. 

Play in the EPL and all that jazz 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Winning the league every second year is something the majority of clubs can only dream about 😀

Bazzas right boot

If we were in Europe, I think Gilmour is the type of quality we can look at to get on loan from these big epl clubs that have about 100 players on their books. 

17 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm not criticising them for supporting their local club. They are pathetic football fans coming up with crap football chants and criticising their own footballer in Billy Gilmour. The club it's self has no ambition and look like they are quite happy being a yo yo club like West Brom have been for years. 

Bit harsh mate, away days when your getting pumped are shite unless you have a bit of a laugh. It’s the home fans I’d be critical of for clapping, if some team done that at Tynie I’d expect them to be ripped for it not applauded. As for Gilmour he might have been shite your not watching him every week.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Winning the league every second year is something the majority of clubs can only dream about 😀

😂 We hold the record for most championship wins 2 ha,ha 

English league is on a bigger scale I would rather my club became a stable premier league team in England if I was a Norwich fan.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

😂 We hold the record for most championship wins 2 ha,ha 

English league is on a bigger scale I would rather my club became a stable premier league team in England if I was a Norwich fan.

Maybe, but being a fan of a team like Everton or a Southampton must be dull as ****. 

Not getting relegated, best hope is top ten. 

Ye ha. No Europe, no relegation. 

Winning the championship is  far more exciting, especially the play offs. 

Being a fan of a  mid table epl team must be boring as ****, especially after 5, 10, 15 years. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

This is quite common in English football. At Newcastle not so many years ago they had an announcement pre game to welcome the away fans (for all but a few teams - Sunderland and Man Utd) and most people actually applauded. Was a bit weird considering the level of hatred between clubs fans up here. Down the lower leagues especially there is quite a lot of respect and friendliness shown to away fans. Proper football fans in the same shitey boat just there to watch and love their team with no agenda against each other.

Been going to Newcastle games since 2007 and never once seen or heard people applaud the away fans. Couldn't see the away fans from my ST seat in the gallowgate but I've sat in every stand over the years and never seen this happen.

15 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Been going to Newcastle games since 2007 and never once seen or heard people applaud the away fans. Couldn't see the away fans from my ST seat in the gallowgate but I've sat in every stand over the years and never seen this happen.

It would be the 90’s and early 2000’s I was going regularly when I lived down there for a spell. Happened almost every game. may have stopped when the Leazes end was redeveloped and they were put up in the gods. The away paddock was right next to the Gallogate end back then

Edited by JimmyCant

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It would be the 90’s and early 2000’s I was going regularly when I lived down there for a spell. Happened almost every game. may have stopped when the Leazes end was redeveloped and they were put up in the gods. The away paddock was right next to the Gallogate end back then

I get what you are saying about level of hatred is different up here. Was at a Newcastle Huddersfield game few years ago with my father in law, he's a geordie, we were in Strawberries before the game and a group of young Huddersfield lads were in singing. I couldn't understand why Newcastle fans were fine with away fans singing in their pub. Told him that would never happen up our way. But I've also been to Newcastle Sunderland and that is proper hatred. Never seen violence like it before.

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

I get what you are saying about level of hatred is different up here. Was at a Newcastle Huddersfield game few years ago with my father in law, he's a geordie, we were in Strawberries before the game and a group of young Huddersfield lads were in singing. I couldn't understand why Newcastle fans were fine with away fans singing in their pub. Told him that would never happen up our way. But I've also been to Newcastle Sunderland and that is proper hatred. Never seen violence like it before.

They ended up banning away fans from that fixture it was so mental. Some clubs fans would be fine in The Strawberry. The likes of Leeds and Chelsea etc the ones with a hard core violent element, definitely not. They are most definitely more tolerant at most clubs down there.

14 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

This was actually done by our own support away to Livingston when we were narrowly skelped 5-0, was quite funny actually considering the rage I had inside at the result 😡

Couldn't have happened because Livingston have never beaten us 5-0. I recall them going 2-0 up against us on a Friday night game but I left and assumed it finished 2-0, and I won't have anyone tell me otherwise.

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here.....

I've been to plenty of poor Hearts games where our fans have booed, sometimes even from the first couple of minutes.  Is this any worse than constant booing.

I'm not a booer myself, I go to a match to watch the game and have a bit of a sing, so when everyone else is booing I'm just sitting watching in silence.  At least the Norwich fans made the best of a bad situation and found an excuse to make a bit of noise.  They're not the first fans to do this, by the way.

The Palace fans applauding them was a bit weird, but perhaps it was out of empathy/sympathy because they'll have experienced similar in the recent past 

From a Palace perspective at the game, we were in a good mood being 3-0 up at HT which is very rare if not unheard of! Happy to have a laugh with the Norwich support with the pressure off. Normally we would be biting our nails, swearing at the ref and not paying any attention to the away support!